Home

The Road to Relevance ~ An FAU Owls Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Road to Relevance ~ An FAU Owls Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2015, 02:31 AM   #17
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Road to Relevance ~ An FAU Owls Dynasty

This looks great man. I am jealous of everyone's graphic making ability because I suck at it haha. Good luck in your first game!

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 07-05-2015, 03:37 PM   #18
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Note:Pipeline state chosen is Ohio.

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 07-09-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #19
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Owls are technically birds of prey. At least the rats fear them lol. Looks like you have a decent team to get started, and a tough schedule to get them experienced. Looking forward to this amazing game you played.
Thanks Knickerbocker. Right now, our team only has 3 players in the 80s and 2 of them will be graduating next season. Redshirted right now, I have a stud QB, 78 overall as a freshman. I really hope he doesn't transfer next season or else I'm left with a 64 overall freshman redshirt .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherPotterGuy
This looks great man. I am jealous of everyone's graphic making ability because I suck at it haha. Good luck in your first game!
Honestly, I'm terrible at making graphics as well. Lopaka and some of the other guys really know what they're doing. That C-USA preview post took me an hour to make. I'm far from good at this. I suppose things will get easier over time, now that I have the templates made. Thanks for checking in.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #20
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

(The Winning Kick)
What a game..

We escaped (barely) against the Ball State Cardinals in the greatest game of football I have ever played winning 27-24 off a last second field goal from our kicker, Mitch Anderson.

To begin the game, we received the ball and using our Air Tiger offence, we scored easily on a 11 yard reception from Jenson Stoshak (My favourite player on FAU). On the ensuing kickoff, nothing happened. A failed run for negative 2 yards, an incomplete pass, then a 5 yard reception before the Cardinals had to punt. A five yard rush by starting running back Jonathan Wallace followed by a 0 yard rush from Damien Fortner and a sack led us to punt the football away. A 17 yard reception from Jake Edwards pushed the Ball State offence past half. Then Edwards worked his magic again, this time running for 12 yards. Ball State QB Kurt Wenning was sacked after a -3 yard run forcing Ball State into a 3rd and 25. Looking for a play to get them a first down, Wenning threw his first and only pick on the day to Keith Reaser. Stephen Curtis would lead a drive starting with a 6 yard run by himself followed by an incomplete pass before finding Mr. Stoshak for a 15 yard gain. A loss of one yard, an 8 yard sack and a incompletion would end the first quarter on a rather sour note for the Owls.

After a net 22 yard punt Ball State took possession in okay field position. Jake Edwards fell for a two yard loss before a throw away and a 7 yard gain would send the Cardinals 3 and out. After a 32 yard punt with no return, FAU took possession in their territory, fairly deep. A loss of two by Jonathan Wallace before 2 incomplete passes lead to another FAU punt. Ball State after a pretty good return set up shop at our 43 yard line. Luckily, our defence held the Cardinals in check, limiting them to 8 yards before they attempted a 52 yard field goal. The kick needed up short and our returner decided to take a knee in the end zone giving us possession at the 20 yard line. After a promising start which included a 14 yard pass to Mr. Stoshak, we ended up punting… AGAIN. An incredible drive by the Ball State, anchored by pretty passing and short dump offs lead to their first score. After another solid drive, we kicked a half ending field goal to put us up 10-7 going into break.

The second half started with another solid Ball State drive cemented with a 19 yard reception from Chris Ryan and capped off with a 29 field goal from Steve Secor to knot the game up, 10-10. After a solid return from Marquese Jackson and a 3 yard run from Jonathan Wallace, we started to struggle. Curtis was sacked, then on 3rd down unbeknown to Curtis he slid after only five yards, making us punt. Thankfully, Ball State didn’t do much as a 5 yard pass, a 4 and a half yard run and a failed option play forced them to punt. After the touchback, Wallace had a big run for 11 yards. Curtis on the next play fired incomplete before finding Mr. Stoshak for 12 yards to give us another first down. After a yard rush by Wallace and a sack forced us into a 3 and 15, Steven Curis found Alex Deleon for 19 then 10 yards to give us life on this drive. After an incompletion and a 6 yard run, the FAU did nothing before finding Tight End, Nexon Dorvilus for 15 yards a score. 17-10 Owls.

After an incredibly boring first half of action in the fourth quarter, in which both teams exchanged possessions once the most exciting quarter of football ever began. Wenning and the Ball State offence found its groove getting gains of at least 5 yards on its first 4 plays putting themselves only 5 yards from 7 points and a tied game. They did score on a Jake Edwards TD run to make it a tie gave with 3:19 to go in this game. However, before Ball State’s offence had a chance to catch their breath Marquese “The Beast” Jackson returned the kickoff 99 yards to restore FAU’s one touchdown lead. Ball State, with 3:07 left on the clock need to score. Everyone in the stadium at that point knew that the Cardinals would tie it. They did so after a ton of mid-teen and early twenties yardage gains. Their drive which consumed 2:09 was capped off by a Henry Banks 12 yard touchdown scamper. After Jackson returned the ball to the 24 of FAU, Steven Curtis and the Owls set up shop. An 8 yard pass to Stoshak followed another completion to Jenson Stoshak, this time for 18 yards, pushed FAU into Cardinal territory. Curtis would find William Dukes and Stoshak for 10 a 14 yard gains before a underhand pass to Jonathan Wallace placed the ball at the 21 yardline. After centering the ball, the entire game rested on Mitch Anderson’s leg. He took his spot measuring 3 steps back and two steps to the left before delivering a kick that would enter the goalposts right down the middle with no time left. FAU 27-24 Ball State.

Player of the Game: Jenson Stoshak (8 Receptions, 141 yards and a touchdown)

Ball State Cardinals at Florida Atlantic Owls
Aug 30, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Ball State Cardinals (0-1)0731424
Florida Atlantic Owls (1-0)7371027
Team Stats Comparison
BALLFAU
Total Offense346335
Rushing Yards7047
Passing Yards276288
First Downs2018
Punt Return Yards2216
Kick Return Yards96182
Total Yards464533
Turnovers10
3rd Down Converstion5-127-14
4th Down Conversion0-10-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals5-3-14-2-2
Penalties0-00-0
Posession Time15:1816:42
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGBALLFAU
4:46(FAU) TD FAU: J. Stoshak, 11 Yd pass from S. Curtis07
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGBALLFAU
1;49(BALL) TD Ball: C. Ryan, 2 Yd run77
0:00(FAU) FG FAU: M. Anderson, 22 Yd FG710
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGBALLFAU
5:42(BALL) FG Ball: S. Secor, 28 Yd FG1010
0:06(FAU) TD FAU: N. Dorvilus, 15 Yd pass from S. Curtis1017
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGBALLFAU
3:18(BALL) TD Ball: J. Edwards, 4 Yd run1717
3:06(FAU) TD FAU: M. Jackson, returned kickoff 99 Yds1724
0:57(BALL) TD Ball: H. Banks, 12 Yd run2424
0:00(FAU) FG FAU M. Anderson, 35 Yd FG2427
Ball State Cardinals
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
K. Wenning32/4027601
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Edwards14433.01
H. Banks22211.01
C. Ryan122.01
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Smith6528.60
W. Snead55210.40
Z. Fakes3113.60
J. Williams177.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
K. Lee7200
J. Cox7100
M. Hester6000
E. Patterson6000
J. Garrett5000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
S. Secor1/23/3628
Florida Atlantic Owls
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
S. Curtis23/3628820
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Wallace10312.30
D. Fortner2-1-0.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Stoshak814117.61
W. Dukes4379.20
A. Deleon33110.30
N. Dorvilus23316.51
M. Cunningham23517.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
R. Johnson10000
A. Glanton8000
K. Reaser3010
W. Strickland5000
A. Stryfeller4100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
M. Anderson2/23/3936

Edit: Anyone ever have their wisdom teeth removed. I'm getting my out on Tuesday. Wanna know what the pain will be like.

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 07-09-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #21
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 07-09-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #22

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Loving the layout man, this looks great. Also really like your recruiting rules. I may have to implement a couple of those.

Hell of an opening win. This dynasty really has started off with a bang.

I had one of my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago. It wasn't bad at all. They drug you up pretty well to ease the pain.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #23
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

(Sorry for the grainy picture)

FAU Introduces 2 QB system

The Florida Atlantic Owls are reshaping their playbook currently, some of those changes drastic, others not so much. On Monday, It was revealed that the Owls have been practicing a Two QB System this week. The claim was first reported by an anonymous Owl athletic member. On Thursday, it was confirmed by head coach, Jay Greyvenstein.

"Yup, we're gonna be experimenting with two QBs for this week and the upcoming ones two. The main reason we wanted to implement a system like this was because as of right now, Stephen Curtis is our undisputed starter. However, this is Melvin's (German III) Senior year and I know he's a die hard for this program and he wants to be involved. We thought this would be a simple way to include him. He'll be taking Wildcat formation snaps, 'cause he's quicker than Stephen Curtis sometimes, we'll even have the two alongside one another when we're in the Wildcat Y-Trips. He'll also feature as somewhat of a running back on some of our 'normal' formations."

When asked why he was telling the media, and in essence teams, why he was giving away what his team's plan was, his answer was simple.

"If we execute our plays correctly, it won't matter if our teams know which plays we run. Someone could steal our hand signals and it wouldn't matter, I taught these kids to run each play perfectly so they will."

Also, new to the offence this week is the Statue of Liberty, a play famously used in the Fiesta Bowl a few years back. While the Owls defence has seemed to stop it early on, this doesn't mean other teams will.

"It's a great play," Said Greyvenstein, "I think it'll be an effective weapon on a 3rd and 1 or a short yardage situation where we can catch the defence off guard. I hoping and thinking we can use this really effectively."

Hopefully, for the Owls this new type of offence will help lead them to a victory against ECU which you can catch live on ESPN U, Saturday September 7th at 3:30.

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 07-09-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:44 AM   #24
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Just got caught up with this man, FAU seems like a very interesting team with a lot of future options.

Most importantly, is the Statue of Liberty play actually in the game!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »