Home

Piloting the Jets: A Madden Franchise

This is a discussion on Piloting the Jets: A Madden Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 10:48 PM   #9
Rookie

gamerMark's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Piloting the Jets: A Madden Franchise

New York Jets Training Camp Roster
#OFFENSEPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
7Geno Smith (80)QB236'3221West Virginia
1Michael Vick (71)QB346'1215Virginia Tech
3Tajh Boyd (67)QB236'0222Clemson
5Matt Simms (58)QB256'3210Tennessee
21Chris Johnson (83)HB285'11203East Carolina
33Chris Ivory (78)HB266'0222Tiffin
29Bilal Powell (77)HB255'10204Louisville
23Alex Green (73)HB246'0220Hawaii
35Daryl Richardson (72)HB245'10206Abilene Christian
40Tommy Bohanon (71)FB246'1246Wake Forest
87Eric Decker (90)WR276'3214Minnesota
11Jeremy Kerley (75)WR255'9188TCU
86David Nelson (73)WR276'5215Florida
84Stephen Hill (72)WR236'4215Georgia Tech
19Jacoby Ford (70)WR275'9190Clemson
10Clyde Gates (68)WR286'0197Abilene Christian
81Shaq Evans (68)WR236'0210UCLA
17Greg Salas (64)WR266'2210Hawaii
16Jalen Saunders (63)WR215'9164Oklahoma
82Quincy Enunwa (63)WR226'2225Nebraska
15Saalim Hakim (51)WR245'11188N/A
88Jace Amaro (77)TE226'5260Texas Tech
85Jeff Cumberland (74)TE276'4260Illinois
44Zach Sudfeld (69)TE256'7260Nevada
83Chris Pantale (66)TE246'5254Boston College
46Tanned Purdum (55)TE306'3270Baker
60D'Brickashaw Ferguson (92)LT306'6310Virginia
71Ben Ijalana (66)LT256'4322Villanova
67Brian Winters (65)LG236'4320Kent St
74Nick Mangold (85)C306'4307Ohio St
72Caleb Schlauderaff (66)C266'4302Utah
66Willie Colon (70)RG316'3315Hofstra
70Dakota Dozier (63)RG236'4312Furman
68Breno Giacomini (74)RT286'7318Louisville
75Oday Aboushi (62)RT236'5308Virginia
76Markus Zusevics (59)RT256'5300Iowa
65William Campbell (62)LG236'4311Michigan
#DEFENSEPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
96Muhammad Wilkerson (97)LE246'4315Temple
78Leger Douzable (73)LE286'4284UCF
92Tevita Finau (66)LE286'5288Utah
91Sheldon Richardson (89)RE236'3294Missouri
94Damon Harrison (91)DT256'4350William Penn
93Kenrick Ellis (78)DT266'4346Hampton
95Antwan Barnes (78)LOLB296'1251FIU
97Calvin Pace (70)LOLB336'4265Wake Forest
50Garrett McIntyre (66)LOLB296'3255Fresno St
49Trevor Reilly (64)LOLB266'5225Utah
52David Harris (84)MLB306'2250Michigan
56Demario Davis (74)MLB256'2239Arkansas St
54Nick Bellore (68)MLB256'1250Central Michigan
53Jeremiah George (66)MLB225'11219Iowa St
58Troy Davis (61)MLB236'2251UCF
59A.J. Edds (60)MLB266'4256Iowa
98Quinton Coples (79)ROLB246'6290North Carolina
55Jermaine Cunningham (68)ROLB266'3255Florida
57Tim Fugger (66)ROLB256'4248Vanderbilt
51Ik Enemkpali (66)ROLB236'1272LA. Tech
27Dee Milliner (75)CB226'0201Alabama
20Kyle Wilson (74)CB275'10190Boise St
24Dimitri Patterson (74)CB316'0200Tuskegee
30Darrin Walls (68)CB266'0190Notre Dame
34Ras-I Dowling (67)CB266'1210Virginia
31Ellis Lankster (67)CB275'9190West Virginia
43Dexter McDougle (65)CB235'10196Maryland
42Brandon Dixon (65)CB246'0200NW Missouri St
22Johnny Patrick (64)CB265'11190Louisville
39Antonio Allen (77)FS256'1210South Carolina
37Jaiquawn Jarrett (73)FS246'0196Temple
25Calvin Pryor (75)SS226'2208Louisville
26Dawan Landry (70)SS316'1212Georgia Tech
32Josh Bush (69)SS255'11205Wake Forest
#SPECIAL TEAMSPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
2Nick Folk (84)K296'1222Arizona
4Ryan Quigley (69)P246'3188Boston College
Old 01-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #10
Rookie

gamerMark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonRocket
I'll be following along too, as a New York Native (Giants fan, but still NY), interested to see what you do with the team.
Thanks for checking in. I see you just started a Lions chise, good luck with it, looking good so far.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #11
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Excited to so what you can do, I'll be along for the ride.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #12
Rookie

gamerMark's Arena

Jets add two veterans to bolster camp competition

Jets Blog
SNY.TV
Matt Cosci July 25th 2014

Just five days into their 2014 training camp the Jets have announced the signing of two players in what Jets General Manager John Idzik called, “moves to create greater competition along our front lines.” During the morning practice Idzik was seen speaking to owner Mark Murphy for nearly the entire session as Murphy has become a fixture at each Jets practice this summer. Later in the afternoon, the Jets came to terms with free agent guard Daryn Colledge and defensive tackle Landon Cohen.

photo Collegde.jpg

Colledge will likely compete for the left guard position alongside second year pros Brian Winters and William Campbell. Drafted by Green Bay in the 2nd round in 2006 out of Boise State, Colledge (32) spent his first 5 years with the Packers and earned a Super Bowl ring with the team in 2010. Following the 2010 season, Colledge signed a 5 year contract with the Arizona Cardinals, but became a cap casualty earlier this spring and contemplated retirement. John Idzik noted the 8 year veteran’s pass blocking ability, versatility, and durability as the Jets and Colledge agreed to a 1 year contract worth $1.24 million.

photo image.jpg

With just two nose tackles listed on their roster, the Jets signed former Chicago Bear Landon Cohen to a 1 year deal worth $730,000. This is Cohen’s sixth different team since being drafted out of Ohio in the 7th round in 2008 by the Detroit Lions. Head Coach Rex Ryan commented on the 6 year pro saying, “He’s a big strong guy who fits well in what we do with our 0-technique. A guy who has bounced around the league like that is hungry for a roster spot so we expect him to bring it!”

The Jets also announced today that their annual “Green & White” scrimmage will be held on Saturday August 2nd, at 7:15 pm at SUNY Cortland and will be open to the public.

Last edited by gamerMark; 02-18-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #13
Rookie

gamerMark's Arena

Just a note to those following along. My next post will be quite lengthy. I went back and forth on whether or not to include this storyline or stick to the bare bones as this is my first crack at this, but as you might have noticed I like to write so I decided to include it. If it doesn't work I'll nix it, but I think it can add to what I'm doing here.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
Rookie

gamerMark's Arena

photo image_4.jpg

"A Rip Off"

Friday July 26, 2014 9:15 am

He stood barefoot in his office rummaging through boxes that had not yet been unpacked. “There they are,” Mark Murphy mumbled as he pulled out a package of cotton balls. He could now commence in his weekly ritual of shinning his shoes. It was a practice that started during his days in New London as a cadet. Life at the academy was rigorous, particularly for athletes and at the time proved to be something of a therapy for him. It allowed him to clear his mind and relax. Murphy sat down behind a great big oak desk that once belonged to his uncle and his great uncle before him, and began. Then a knock at the door, “Yes,” he answered annoyed. It was his secretary Mary Tucci who had worked for Murphy for the last 10 years, “Mr. Murphy, Mr. Jordan Correll is here to see you.” Murphy jumped from his chair looking for his socks, “send him in Mary.”

Jordan Correll was a longtime friend of Murphy’s. They grew up together in Miller Place, a small affluent town on the north shore of Long Island. Jordan’s upbringing wasn’t typical of the rest of his peers. His family was dirt poor and he was one of only three African Americans in the school district. He lacked the advantage of money growing up, but he was blessed with something that proved to be much more valuable, he was extremely intelligent. An underachiever in high school, Correll went on the graduate top of his class at SUNY Albany and later earned a master’s of Mathematics in Finance from NYU. He is currently working as an actuary for ING in Manhattan.

Mark Murphy had his own unusual upbringing as he was the son of an Episcopal Priest. One of four children, he and his family lived at the rectory on the church property in town. He wasn’t destitute or a minority like Correll, but like his friend he was not afforded the same luxuries that their classmates enjoyed. This somewhat shared experience is what forged their close relationship.

Earlier in the week Murphy had his private currier deliver a package to Correll’s home. In it contained all the financials of the Jets and a request for his friend to review the material. Murphy had already had his accountants look over these documents, but he wanted Correll, whose analytical sense was second to none, to give him his take on the state of the franchise.

Correll walked in and his eyes where immediately drawn to Murphy’s feet, he had not found his socks. Then Correll’s eyes wandered in search for the shoe shinning kit he knew couldn’t be far. “Are you serious man?” Correll said with a laugh, “You’re a billionaire and you still shine your own shoes?”

"Maybe I should pay someone to shine that bald skull of yours," Murphy replied as he embraced his friend with a hug. Correll had gone bald in his early twenties and had a clean shaven head. He stands tall at 6'2", well built, and by all accounts very handsome. The two were like brothers and never passed up an opportunity to take shots at one another.

"Here, take a seat buddy," Murphy said as he gestured to a lavish brown leather chair.

Correll quickly took in his surroundings and assessed his friend’s new office before he sat down. A few feet behind Murphy’s desk stood a large table with the boxes he had just been going through. Above it was an enormous blank white board that reminded Correll of the lecture halls he sat in at NYU. The wall behind Correll was dominated by a 70 inch television. To his left were windows that stretched from floor to ceiling that over looked the three outdoor practice fields. Unimpressed by the billionaires work space Correll looked for something to comment on, "This must be the desk you told me about."

Murphy began to sit down, "Sure is, dates back to the 1900's."

"You know what they say about men with oversized desk's right?" Correll said, taking his seat with a smirk.

Murphy knew this was a shot at his manhood so he quickly replied, "yeah, the same thing they say about men who drive Porsche's."

Correll's head shot back as he was the proud owner of a Cayman GTS, "damn Murph, after watching that presser I thought you lost your edge, guess not."

Murphy was not always the stern, tight lipped person that he had led on to be in his press conference. The casual Murphy was laid back, enjoyed busting chops and dirty jokes. He would fit right in at the local firehouse. He had a way of communicating that endeared him to his workers at the mill and the crew members of the Jayhawk he piloted. Then there was the conference room Murphy, who was calculating and expeditious, mostly because he hated meetings and wanted them to end quickly.

Murphy explained, "I'm still the same guy I've always been, but right now our season ticket holders need to have confidence in ownership. If I went out there and started dropping f-bombs the media would go nuts and probably paint me as some sorta Dan Snyder-Rex Ryan hybrid.”

Correll nodded in agreement, "Who’s Dan Snyder?”

Murphy was eager to get down to business and ignored his friend’s silly question, “Speaking of season tickets, what did you think of the package I sent you?"

Correll sat back in the deep chair and crossed his legs, humored in the billionaire’s apparent neediness, “I think you have people on your payroll to do this.”

“I do,” Murphy admitted, “but I still have a lot of holdovers around here and I’m sure they’re sweeping s--- under the rug to keep their jobs.”

Correll uncrossed his legs and leaned forward, “well it sounds like you’re already are aware of the problem.”

Murphy was diehard fan of the Jets and a season ticket holder for seven years until 2010. Following the 2013 season, reports began to surface that some season ticket customers were in danger of defaulting on their PSL’s. The Jets, as well as the Giants, established Personal Seat Licensing to help finance construction of the $1.6 billion MetLife Stadium which the teams shared. Murphy despised this as a fan and refused to pay for the “right” to purchase season tickets. Being aware of this issue made little difference in his decision to purchase the team, but now he needed to know the extent of the problem as the reports had quickly disappeared from the headlines. He had a statement prepared to address this issue in his press conference, but surprisingly the question never came.

Murphy cleared his throat, “what can you tell me about it?”

Correll began, “by my estimation there are over 1100 agreements in threat of default. Right now a $60,000 PSL is up for sale for $20,000. A $30,000 package of 4 coaches’ club seats behind the bench is going for 12,000. Fans can’t get rid of them. The value of your mid-level seats is even worse. I hate to break it to you man, but your PLS’s right now are a crap investment.”

“A rip off,” Murphy said chuckling while remembering back to one of the reports that quoted a 30 year season ticket holder saying such.

Surprised by Murphy’s reaction Correll continued with concern in his voice, “I’m glad you can find humor in this but that’s not all. The prices for actual tickets in the lower bowl and mezzanine sections on secondary markets were going for a 70% discount last season.”

Correll wasn’t a sports fan, it never interested him. The one sport he played was golf and he wasn’t half bad, but he knew next to nothing about the NFL. Knowing this about his friend, Murphy found some amusement in his worry. “Jordan relax, there’s a simple solution to all of this.”

“Oh yeah, what’s that?” Correll asked as he sat back in his chair.

“We have to win. The Giants don’t have this problem and it’s because they just won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago. Winning in the NFL makes a lot of problem go away.”

Visibly annoyed Correll asked, “So then why the hell did you ask me to look into this for you if you already have the answer?

Murphy gestured by raising his hand slightly off his desk, “Settle down buddy, I still need your help. While I’m working on getting a winning product on the field, I need someone to find a short term solution to our PSL issue. Someone smart and creative like yourself.”

With a hint of defiance in his voice Correll said, “You want me to work for you?”

Knowing he needed to tread lightly with his prideful friend Murphy responded, “We’d like you to join our team as a financial consultant. We can really use you here.”

“Stop with the ‘we’ sh—alright,” Correll said, “I’m always willing to help, but I’m not going to work for you.”

Murphy expected resistance from his friend and didn’t want to push it. “Well I would appreciate your help any way I can get it, sorry if I offended you.”

With a sudden change in demeanor and a big smile Correll replied, “No worries Murph, so what’s the end game?”

Murphy emphatically said, “To get rid of the PSL’s completely.”

A surprised Correll asked, “Aren’t PSL’s standard procedure around the league?”

The question indicated to Murphy that his friend went much further in his analysis than what was supplied to him. “Yep, and that’s why I want to get rid of them. It is a rip off and our fans deserve better.”

“Murph the trailblazer!” Correll said jokingly.

Murphy then got up from his chair, “Listen I have this d--- marketing meeting I have to get to, but why don’t you stick around, go for a walk and check the place out. When I’m done we can hit up lunch before I head back to Cortland. One good thing Woody did was build this place, it’s worth a look. Besides, we need to catch up on family.”

“Sounds good Murph,” Correll said, “One other thing real quick, why the hell are you guys $30 million plus under the salary cap?”

Murphy had included the team’s salary cap information in the package he sent hoping his friend would show interest and his question confirmed that he did. Satisfied, Murphy told him, “that’s problem number two, meet back here in thirty, ok?”

As Correll exited the office, Jets General Manager John Idzik came walking down the hall behind him. Correll entered the elevator and the door closed. Idzik made his way to Mary Tucci’s desk and in a low voice asked Mary, “Who was that...?”
Old 01-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #15

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Absolutely love this man. The integration of a solid storyline along with the financial in's and out's is really cool.

Very good writing. I hope you keep incorporating this sort of thing!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #16
Rookie

gamerMark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Absolutely love this man. The integration of a solid storyline along with the financial in's and out's is really cool.

Very good writing. I hope you keep incorporating this sort of thing!
Thank you, cheese. I appreciate the feedback. I plan on a couple of "chapters" per season. I don't want to over do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »