Home

UNLV Now™ (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on UNLV Now™ (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #89
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

NEWS | ROSTER | SCHEDULE | STATISTICS | RECRUITING | COACHES | RECORD BOOK

PHOTOS: UNLV KO'S HAWAII, 49-21
By David Hyde on October 12, 2013 at 12:16a

Running back Tim Cornett became UNLV's career rushing leader as the Rebels ran away from Hawaii on Saturday night, 49-21. Quarterback Caleb Herring was efficient in the win, passing for 275 yards and four touchdowns, while tacking on another score and 50 yards on the ground.

Check out photos from the game above.

Last edited by beast10; 10-16-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #90
All Star

beast10's Arena

HAWAII NOTEBOOK: DEFENSE FINALLY COMES THROUGH; TAKEAWAYS DON'T STOP, UNLV'S AGGRESSIVE PLAYCALLING
By Matthew Gaines on October 13, 2013 at 9:15a

ANSWERING THE CALL

Bobby Hauck challenged his defense, and the unit answered the call.

Take away the Warriors' three biggest pass plays (63, 55, 40) and UNLV held Hawaii to 210 yards of offense. That's quite the number for a team that hoisted the second worst defense in the country entering this game.

"We're getting better week-by-week," senior Tani Maka said at the post-game conference. "It's just come down to things we've needed to adjust. We're really a good team on both sides of the ball."

The takeaways continued to roll in for UNLV as they tallied three interceptions for the second time this season.

The secondary tightened up and limited a hot Jeremy Higgins to a 47% completion rate, and the front-seven allowed running back Steven Lakalaka only 3.8 yards per carry.

TAKE IT EASY, COACH!

Saturday was a fest of fourth-down attempts, as UNLV and Hawaii combined for eight – each of them being on the brink of unnecessary.

A fake punt by the Rebels led to a 14-yard pass by Logan Yunker and the eventual touchdown pass from Caleb Herring to Jerry Rice Jr., extending UNLV’s lead to 35-14 in the third quarter.

Before that, offensive coordinator Timm Rosenbach had Herring lobbing the ball with less than 20 seconds remaining before halftime. It resulted in an interception and nearly a Hawaii touchdown. All this while the Rebels sat on a 28-14 lead.

What gives?

“No one likes a coward,” Hauck said.

Last edited by beast10; 09-25-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #91
All Star

beast10's Arena

MWC RECAP: BOISE STATE EXTENDS STREAK TO SIX, NEW MEXICO MAKES IT TWO STRAIGHT, COLORADO STATE STRUGGLES CONTINUES
By David Hyde on October 13, 2013 at 11:17a

UNLV continues to make its statement while New Mexico digs itself out of the hole and builds its first winning streak of the season here in week seven. Other notables include Boise State who rolled to its sixth straight victory, earning themselves the No. 6 ranking in the AP Polls.

Next week features two rivalry games as Colorado State meets with Wyoming on the road and Nevada at Boise State.

SAN JOSE STATE 34, COLORADO STATE 24

San Jose State used 17 unanswered points in the second half to prevail as victors over the still-winless Colorado State. Derrick Fales led charge, going 14-of-27 for 213 yards and four scores with an interception. The Spartan defense was led by Kieth Smith who has 12 tackles and an interception. Colorado State's Chris Nwoke rushed for 133 yards on 24 carries.

MWC Standings: Week Seven
TEAMRECPCTCONFPFPASTRK
Boise State6-01.0003-0246110W6
UNLV4-2.6602-0224168W4
San Diego State4-2.6602-0157144W3
San Jose State2-4.3302-1128180W1
Fresno State5-1.8301-118988W2
Hawaii2-4.3302-2138202L1
New Mexico2-4.3301-1154171W2
Air Force3-4.4202-3185206L3
Nevada2-4.3301-2137126L1
Utah State2-5.2800-3183219L3
Wyoming4-2.6600-2192181L1
Colorado State0-5.0000-154191L5
NEW MEXICO 31, WYOMING 22

Wyoming got off to a quick start but New Mexico recovered in a 31-22 victory to push their streak to two straight wins after beginning the season winless at 0-4. Quarterback Cole Gautsche had 278 yards from scrimmage and accounted for three touchdowns.

SAN DIEGO STATE 38, AIR FORCE 28

Adam Dingwell exploded for a career-game at Air Force, passing for five touchdowns and 338 yards as the Aztecs defeated the Falcons 38-28. SDSU picked up 453 yards of offense, but did have issues stopping the Air Force option-offense which tallied 206 yards on the ground.

BOISE STATE 56, UTAH STATE 21

Nothing to see here. Boise State steamrolled through another conference opponent, this time Utah State in a 56-21 blowout. Joe Southwick caught fire and passed 22-of-27 for 421 yards and five touchdowns. Three Boise State receivers finished with over 100 yards receiving, Matt Miller leading the way with eight receptions for 153 yards and two touchdowns.

Last edited by beast10; 09-25-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 10:24 PM   #92
All Star

beast10's Arena

Note: Just updated my recruiting reserve with the current commits (you can click the hyperlinks on the news post, or just head to the first page to check it out). I have a different system I'm using for recruiting, mainly stressing "verbal commits"

Basically, if my (or any) school has a +250 lead during the preseason, I consider him already commited to the school.

Over the course of the season, if I or another team gains a +800 lead on a recruit, I consider him a verbal commit if he's been offered a scholarship. After he's "committed", I can only spend 50 points weekly on him.

This brings up decommitments, and really stresses the importance of visits since "committed" recruits can still visit other schools. Currently my top "verbal" is expected to visit Oregon week 14 so we could possibly lose him.

But anyways, I have seven recruits down as committed, but in-game there are currently none (because I'm spending only 50 points on them), but I hold +1000 lead on all of them.

I believe this system will really replicate an authentic signing day experience where things can either go well, or completely wrong.

Also, the Hawaii game was posted on the last page. didn't realize it was on the last post

Last edited by beast10; 09-25-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #93
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UNLV Now™ (NCAA 14)

I like that verbal commitment thing, might have to borrow that
Old 09-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #94
All Star

beast10's Arena

REBELS' TOP DEFENSIVE TARGET DECOMMITS FROM HAWAII FOLLOWING UNLV VISIT
By David Hyde on October 14, 2013 at 1:41p

In the world of college football recruiting, a commitment means little until the papers are officially signed on National Signing Day. The latest example of that? The Hawaii Warriors lost a commitment from linebacker Romello Robinson on Monday after visiting the Rebels who took on no other than the Rainbow Warriors over the weekend.

Robinson was in the islands just two weeks ago when Hawaii fell 37-3 to Fresno State.

"I'd like to thank the whole Hawaii family for a great recruiting experience and process," Robinson wrote on Twitter.

"After some discussions with my family, I have decided to back off my commitment to Hawaii. I'm not counting the Warriors out, but I'll be using this time to again weigh my options."

Robinson is currently ranked as a three-star prospect from Santa Barbara, California and has offers from UNLV, Hawaii, and New Mexico where he will visit during week 14.

Last edited by beast10; 09-26-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #95
All Star

beast10's Arena

REBELS SCHEDULE HOME-AND-HOME FOOTBALL SERIES AGAINST NORTHERN ILLINOIS
By Matthew Gaines on October 14, 2013 at 2:18p

UNLV football has scheduled a home-and-home series with Northern Illinois beginning next season, it was announced today. The Rebels will host NIU next year and then travel to DeKalb, Ill., in 2015.

Additionally, UNLV also announced a home game against Division I-AA Northern Colorado next season on Sept. 20. Northern Illinois plays in the Mid-American Conference and is currently ranked at No. 13 with a 6-0 record.

These games, combined with the Rebels’ previously schedule non-conference matchups, create a challenging slate over the next two years. UNLV will have at least six home games each season.

Last edited by beast10; 09-25-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 11:38 PM   #96
All Star

beast10's Arena

THE RECRUITING BOARD: WEEK SEVEN
By David Hyde on October 16, 2013 at 9:25a

The Recruiting Board is your weekly dose of updates from the UNLV football recruiting trail, keeping tabs on the latest from commits and targets from around the country.

UNSURE

UNLV had a lead on Thomas Gallagher, they lost a lead, and then gained it again. The in-state defensive end is unsure of his commitment, and plans on putting it on the backburner as his senior year progresses.

"It's too much of a distraction right now," Gallagher told 247Sports. "When everything is over, I think I'll revisit it. But for now, my focus is on the season."

Gallagher is a three-star strongside defensive end at 6-foot-3, 255 pounds. UNLV is in battle only with Utah State.

WASHINGTON CONSIDERING IDAHO

Nathan Washington has reopened a once two-team recruiting race to three with the addition of Idaho, he said on Twitter.

The Arden-Arcade native announced his finalists as Utah State and UNLV two weeks ago. Idaho's playing time pitch was enough to change the three-star receiver's mind.

Washington is will be in Moscow in week 14, but not before visits at New Mexico State followed by UNLV where he'll be in attendance of the Rebels' homecoming match against San Jose State.

UNLV TOP OPTION FOR ROBINSON

Linebacker Romello Robinson decommitted from Hawaii after witnessing first-hand as the Rebels tore them apart in a 49-21 victory. Robinson, UNLV's top defensive target, now lists the Rebels as his top option.

The 6-foot, 216-pound outside linebacker would fill a much-needed void as the Rebels prepare for the departure of starter Tim Hasson and two other OLB's.

Last edited by beast10; 09-26-2016 at 12:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »