Home

Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14)

This is a discussion on Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #305
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 PM   #306
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Not much work for the committee to do beside determine the match-ups for the playoffs, no? Ohio State, Washington, Oklahoma, and Virginia Tech would be my assumptions to make it in.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #307
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

AWARDS CEREMONY

QB DeShaun Watson wins first Heisman trophy for Clemson
Watson becomes Clemson's first Heisman trophy winner

New York -- Clemson quarterback DeShaun Watson wasn't on the pre-season Heisman watch list and that surprised many, including the quarterback himself who was widely regarded as the best quarterback in the NCAA this season after returning as a senior.

Although the quarterback will depart college football without a national title to his name, and that is upsetting considering how good Clemson's teams have been the last two seasons but Watson will cap of his senior year with the first Heisman Trophy in school history, having wowed voters enough despite a relatively poor performance in the ACC Championship game in a loss to Virginia Tech.

What Watson has accomplished though at Clemson will go down in the schools history, and that isn't just because he has won this Heisman. Watson finished his career at Clemson holding pretty much all but two of the schools passing records.

"To be able to stand up here, alongside some of these faces of past winners is a moment I will not forget until I take my last breath on this earth." Watson said. "I have to thank all the guys who have been there with me this season and all those season's before, coach Swinney, and all the other coaches at Clemson. We are a unit, and we win this as a team."

Watson won the award with 2, 254 points; Myles Gaskin finished in second with 1,414. Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield came in third with 504 points, Jake Browing (300) and Jamauri Bogan (177) placed fourth and fifth respectively.

When Watson heard his name called, the quarterback started to cry.

"I couldn't hold back," he said. "To hear my name called from within the circle of guys who could have won this, well I am overwhelmed."

DeShaun Watson finished the season with the best quarterback rating in the NCAA (184.7), he threw for 3926-yards, 38 touchdowns and 8 interceptions; He averaged 301.9 yards per game and completed 72% of his passes on the season (283-391).

It was a clean sweep for Watson too who was also named the winner of the Maxwell, Walter Camp and O'Brien awards.

"I know that our entire organisation is really happy, happy, happy for DeShaun, winning the Heisman Trophy," Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said.

As far as Kentucky goes, senior linebacker Courtney Love finished runner up in both the Bednarik and Dick Butkus awards, with Mat Elam finishing in fifth place in the Lombardi.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #308
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Old 09-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #309
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Matchup Preview *|* December 24, 2017
@
Kentucky Wildcats
(8-4, 4-4)
#21 Duke Blue Devils
(9-3, 6-2)
Offensive Stats Comparison
35.7 (#8)Points Per Game29.8 (#30)
456.9 (#6)Total Offense372.4 (#49)
224.1 (#10)Rush Offense183.3 (#45)
232.8 (#22)Pass Offense189.1 (#63)
Defensive Stats Comparison
413.0 (#118)Total Defense365.6 (#64)
130.2 (#2)Rush Defense187.3 (#105)
282.7 (#126)Pass Defense178.3 (#41)
3 (#41)Turnover Diff.4 (#32)
Injury Report
OLB Jordan Jones (Broken Fibula)
Season

Game Notes
The College Football Season will end for Kentucky (8-4, 4-4) and #21 Duke (9-3, 6-2) in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Duke have been one of the teams to watch in the ACC this season with wins over Louisville, Virginia, #9 Miami, Pittsburgh, North Carolina and Wake Forest. The only two losses in ACC play came against #3 Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech.

Senior quarterback Thomas Sirk has accounted for 2,940 total yards and 34 total touchdowns, he is actually the 10th ranked rusher within the ACC.

On defense, sophomore linebacker Joe Giles-Harris leads the ACC in tackles with 90, he also has 3.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss so far this season.

The Blue Devils also come into the game with a clean bill of health.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #310

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Awesome bowl matchup my friend. A traditional basketball rivalry between the two schools now going to the gridiron.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 09-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #311
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Not much work for the committee to do beside determine the match-ups for the playoffs, no? Ohio State, Washington, Oklahoma, and Virginia Tech would be my assumptions to make it in.
A lot easier this year than it was last year indeed! You got the teams right, but the match ups slightly wrong my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Awesome bowl matchup my friend. A traditional basketball rivalry between the two schools now going to the gridiron.
I chuckled to myself when this one popped up, but it adds a cool story line to this one too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #312
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »