Home

The Rise of the Cellar-Dwellers- An Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Rise of the Cellar-Dwellers- An Online Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #9
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Rise of the Cellar-Dwellers- An Online Dynasty

Preseason Heisman Watch

Unknown-1.jpeg

Heisman Watch - Updated: Aug 24, 2016
NAMEPOSSCHOOLSEASON STATS
Leonard FournetteRBLSUThis is Fournettes to lose going into the season
DeShaun WatsonQBClemsonExpectations are off the charts for the dynamic Watson
Dalvin CookRBFlorida StateThe explosive Cook has already set multiple FSU records. Can he supplant Fournette as the best back in CFB?
Christian McCaffreyRBStanfordIf McCaffrey puts up numbers the way he did last year and singlehandedly brings Stanford to the top, this ones all his
Jabrill PeppersLB/SSMichiganPerhaps the most athletic player in CFB, can Peppers put up the numbers in all 3 phases of the game to make it to New York?

Last edited by quintessence21; 01-27-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:18 PM   #10
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

Preseason Top 25 brought to you by MoJo

Unknown-2.jpeg

NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Aug 27, 2016
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
1-Alabama1,469
2-Clemson1,443
3-Oklahoma1.352
4-Florida State1,325
5-LSU1,269
6-Ohio State1,224
7-Michigan1,147
8-Stanford1,029
9-Tennessee1,021
10-Notre Dame1,006
11-Ole Miss718
12-Michigan State710
13-TCU707
14-Washington651
15-Houston644
16-UCLA496
17-Iowa484
18-Georgia448
19-Louisville447
20-USC344
21-Oklahoma State316
22-North Carolina283
23-Baylor280
24-Oregon218
25-Florida180

Last edited by quintessence21; 01-27-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #11
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

Preseason First-Team All-Americans
2016 NCAA Preseason 1st Team All-Americans
PosPlayer NameHtWtYear
QBDeShaun Watson, ClemsonJr.
HBLeonard Fournette, LSUJr.
HBDalvin Cook, Florida StateJr.
WRJuJu Smith-Schuster, USCJr.
WRCalvin Ridley, AlabamaSo.
TEJake Butt, MichiganSr.
OLRoderick Johnson, Florida StateJr.
OLDan Feeny, IndianaSr.
OLCam Robinson, AlabamaSo.
OLQuinton Nelson, Notre DameSo.
CPat Elflein, Ohio StateSr.
DLMyles Garrett, Texas A & MJr.
DLMalik McDowell, Michigan StateJr.
DLJonathon Allen, AlabamaSr.
LBRaekwon McMillan, Ohio StateJr.
LBJabrill Peppers, MichiganSo.
LBDevonte Fields, LouisvilleSr.
LBReuben Foster, AlabamaSr.
DBDesmond King, IowaSr.
DBJourdan Lewis, MichiganSr.
SBudda Baker, WashingtonJr.
SDerwin James, Florida StateSo.
KAndy Phillips, UtahSr.
PJK Scott, AlabamaJr.
RSChristian McCaffrey, StanfordJr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #12
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

ESPN Zero Hour presented by Kallen Mutual

Broadcaster 1: Hello everyone, this is Sam Whitman and welcome to Zero Hour, presented by Kallen Mutual! We are just a few days away from the start of the College Football season, and I know I for one cannot wait any longer. Here's my partner Graham Magee. Graham, lets discuss a few points as we come up to the start of the season.

Magee: Of course. It's not as if we haven't been talking about the same stuff all summer right?

(Both give a chuckle)

Whitman: Right Right. So tell me Graham, we've got Bama, we've got Clemson, both coming back after last years title game just as loaded. Are they the favorites? Whose next up?

Magee: It's always very hard to bet against Alabama. However, I see Oklahoma and LSU as being the two teams to watch for. Oklahoma brings back the most explosive offense in the country, maybe only being rivaled by Clemson. LSU, they have Fournette, he's poised to be the best back in football this season, and you have a defense with stars such as Jamal Adams. However, I do not believe in Danny Etling as a quarterback who can bring his team to the title. So I'm going Oklahoma.

Whitman: Do you believe in the Michigan hype? Thats been a major talking point lately. Who wins the Big Ten and will they have a shot at the title game?

Magee: I will be very interested to see how Michigan ends up playing this season; it could go a lot of different ways. I am a believer in them having a shot at the title game. Do they win the Big Ten? I'll take them to win it but I don't see them in the National Championship Game.

Whitman: I personally think Ohio State will win that game, they have had Michigans number lately and I don't believe in the Wolverines as a title contender quite yet. They will have to prove me wrong. How about sleeper picks? Whose gonna shake up the rankings?

Magee: Georgia and Washington are two teams that I believe can shake up the rankings big time come late November. Georgia has been under so much pressure the last few years to make it over the Alabama hump that always stands in their way, and they haven't been able to. Its why Mark Richt was asked to leave. I think it'll be good for the program that they are not the center of attention. I think it gives Kirby Smart some room to work and show up late in November as as team that can finally make a BCS Bowl game.
Washington gives me a similar feeling. Jake Browning is a very good quarterback, and the secondary is lights out. With Oregon looking like they have lost a bit of a step, the Pac-12 North may open up. Stanford will obviously be a tough test, but I personally don't believe Christian McCaffrey can pull that team to the BCS Bowls. I see them losing to Washington.

Whitman
: Excellent choices there. Personally, I question what North Carolina will be able to do this year. Coming off last years phenomenal season, it will be interesting to see if they can continue to their rise to the upper echelon of the ACC. That is all everyone, thank you all for watching this edition of Zero Hour, and get hyped for the start of College Football!

Last edited by quintessence21; 01-27-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:16 PM   #13
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

The Winston Salem Daily

images.jpeg

5 Point Stance - A Final Look at the Wake Forest Roster

1) Position Battle
Quarterback
Throughout camp, there has a been much speculation about what Coach Boyle will do at the Qb position. Junior holdout Justin Wolford has the experience, but sophomore Kendall Hinton has as stronger arm and far more speed, which may make him a better fit for the spread aspect of Coach Boyles Offense that he is implementing. This could be a battle that changes throughout the year as the first year Coach optimizes his playbook. There seems to be both under center and spread option sets in his book, and if the Deacs are forced to rely on one style or the other, that may determine which quarterback gets the majority of the snaps.

2) Stars to watch
Cam Serigne, Tight end
Serigne is going to be a big player in Coach Boyles scheme, whether it be as a receiver in play action under center, or a pass-catcher out of the spread. He's a veteran leader on the offense and the team looks to him to bring the intensity to games.

Marquel Lee, Linebacker
Perhaps the Demon Deacon with the best chance at all-conference honors, Marquel Lee is the heart of this young defense. The team will look to him the same way they do to Serigne for leadership and big plays. Lee has the ability to be a force in run - d while also being able to stay with the speedy backs that litter the ACC, from Dalvin Cook to Wayne Gallman.

3) Don't Sleep on Him
Tabari Hines, WR
The dynamic sophomore receiver sold out in the spring game, going for over 120 yards. Hines currently is third on the depth chart, earning him the sleeper pick, but his top end speed may see him as the focal point of a few plays in the spread offense this season.

4) Areas of Concern
Offensive Line
The offensive line may be the weakest link on this admittedly generally unspectacular Demon Deacon roster. There is not much quality talent, and, unlike some of the other positions on the team, little underclassmen potential. The O line is a crucial cog of any football team, and Coach Boyle has stressed how much importance this unit has in a winning team. Whichever quarterback lines up under center this season for Wake forest must get used to scrambling real soon.

The many question marks surrounding the youth of the team
The large amount of underclassmen on the Wake Forest roster is both a positive and a negative. As a first year coach looking to rebuild, my guess is that Coach Boyle is happy that the team is so young. it will give the coach an opportunity to mold and develop his players. However, the lack of senior leadership and immediate game experience could be detrimental to the team's success in the early stages of the season. Specifically, at key positions such as defensive end and outside linebacker, there is little experience. There are also no upperclassmen on the Wake Forest depth chart at the running back position. Again, this could be a good thing, if everyone plays beyond their years and develops well. Things may be rough early on, however, since many of these players are unproven at the college level.

5) Pipelines
The Demon Deacons have at least 4 recruits from seven different states. This is a surprisingly widespread distribution of talent for a team who is traditionally not a strong recruiting school. If Coach Boyle can maintain and build these connections, it will go a long way toward supporting his program rebuild.

Thats all for today folks, I know we all cannot wait for the season to start! Just a few more days until we have college football once more! This is Carlton Gilbert of the Winston-Salem Daily saying: GO DEACS!
Old 02-01-2017, 12:41 AM   #14
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

The Winston-Salem Daily

Wake Forest 2016 Schedule Released

images-1.jpeg

Wake Forest Demon Deacons 2016 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Sep 3vs FCS East
Sep 10vs Eastern Michigan
Sep 17vs Florida State
Sep 24at Syracuse
Oct 1vs Duke
Oct 8vs BYE
Oct 15at Virginia Tech
Oct 22vs Virginia
Oct 29at Clemson
Nov 5vs Pittsburgh
Nov 12at NC State
Nov 19at South Carolina
Nov 26vs Vanderbilt

Early thoughts from Carlton Gilbert: The schedule looks fairly doable for the Demon Deacons in Coach Boyles first year at the start of the season. Games against Florida State and Clemson are going to be very tough, but Coach better get used to it fast as Wake sees them both in division games every year. That end to ACC play is downright scary. The out of conference games are all very interesting. Too early games that should be wins for Coach Boyle and get the program off to a solid start. Ending the season with two SEC foes could prove tough. However, it is great to see the Demon Deacons renewing their rivalry with Vanderbilt.

Final prediction: I see early wins boosting morale for the team, but the second half of the season is quite daunting. A 2-0 start will be followed by a loss to FSU. hopefully Wake can get 2 wins against Duke and Syracuse, and optimistically maybe split the Virginias to bring them to 5 - 2. A great start to the season, but Deacs fans should not get false hope. We could see five straight losses here to end the season. My final prediction is that Wake beats one of Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Vanderbilt, thus ending the season 5 -7 in Coach Boyles first year. Its a start for the young team. What do you all think? Let me know what your prediction is for the Demon Deacons this season!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #15
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

The Winston-Salem Daily

Winston-Salem, North Carolina-

The Deacs welcome McNeese State up from Louisiana this weekend. This should be a win for Coach Boyle in his opening game with his new team.

Matchup Preview *|* September 2, 2016
@
McNeese State Cowboys
(0-0, 0-0 Away)
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
(0-0, 0-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
NATotal Offensive YardsNA
NAPassing YardsNA
NARushing YardsNA
NAPoints Per GameNA
Defensive Stats Comparison
NATotal Yards AllowedNA
NAPassing Yards AllowedNA
NARushing Yards AllowedNA
NAPoints AllowedNA
Game Notes
-Who will start at Quarterback for the Demon Deacons?

-Should be a straightforward game for Wake Forest...there is good reason to have confidence going in

-How can the freshmen backfield hold up?

-Will Wake play up tempo or possession?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 09:05 AM   #16
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

This thread is now open for posting!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »