Home

The Lone Star Underdog - A College Coach's Journey (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Lone Star Underdog - A College Coach's Journey (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #17
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Lone Star Underdog - A College Coach's Journey (NCAA 14)

Around the NCAA

Old 05-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #18
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Greg's Opinion

The Bobcats' Impressive Debut
By Greg Tolbertson

Everett Withers is feeling the praises of the entire campus this week as his team went into Hattiesburg, Mississippi and upset the heavily favored Golden Eagles. There is finally hope for a football team that came into the FBS four years ago with the assumption that Dennis Franchione would put San Marcos on the map. Maybe this will erase the heartache we felt as our Bobcats couldn't even beat UTSA when it counted, among several other miscues by this team. And maybe, just maybe, this team can turn into the Texas powerhouse that the Sun Belt Conference always needed.

Of course, the elephant in the room that will be present for at least another week is the question: did Texas State win this game or did Southern Miss lose it? It would've been easy for the Golden Eagles to look past this game. After all, it's only Texas State, right? The game was in their home stadium, "The Rock". There were many returning starters that had success the previous year. And on and on. Anyway, I'm just saying.

I was pleased to finally catch up Bobcats offensive coordinator Sean O'Bradovich. I wanted to know why he has been evasive with the media. He apologized and told me he was perhaps too focused on the task at hand.

"A lot of times I try to leave the game as soon as possible just so I can catch up with the film department", said O'Bradovich. "I see when is the earliest I can get the game film. I seriously feel that I've got a lot of work to do in order to catch up with coaches Withers and McCray. And so does my offense.

"Coach Withers pulled me to the side after the Spring game. He told me about the importance of being personable at this level. It's something I'm still working on. I apologize to anyone who has felt put off by my actions."

It was good to at least get an explanation. I guess it would make sense considering the defense bailed out O'Bradovich's offense on several occasions Saturday. But with that being said, it looks like all phases will get better and eventually fill those long-held hopes for Texas State football.

Last edited by OBinKC; 05-06-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #19
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Week 2 Matchup

Old 05-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #20
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Tyler Jones runs for one of his many scores Saturday

Panthers No Match For Bobcats

San Marcos, TX -- The Texas State Bobcats continued their winning ways on Saturday, dismantling the Prairie View A&M Panthers 38-7.

Tyler Jones was the big man on campus as he went 23 for 30 with 303 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also ran for one touchdown. Stedman Mayberry ran for a touchdown as well, but only ended up with 47 yards.

"They were not giving us anything on the runs, so we went to the air", said Mayberry. "So that's what we were going to do for the win."

When asked about the success of the day, head coach Everett Withers said:

"It's great that we were able to put together a game winning plan, but we're already moving on to the bye week and preparing for the next opponent. It's a big one."

After the bye week, the Bobcats travel to Lubbock to face Texas Tech. This will be perhaps the toughest team they'll see all year.

Last edited by OBinKC; 05-07-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #21
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Around The NCAA

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #22
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Bobcats Get Ready For Texas Tech

The bye week is here, and Texas State football is looking good right now. Not only are they undefeated, they have no injuries. They can put the focus entirely on preparing for the Texas Tech Red Raiders. They'll need all the time they can get.

"We have a good game plan for Texas Tech," said head coach Everett Withers. "They have a pretty good quarterback, [Patrick] Mahomes, but we have confidence in our plan of stopping the Air Raid attack that they use. We run a lot of Air Raid, so our guys have seen a ton of it in practice."

The Red Raiders are 1-2. But the two losses were against SMU and TCU, two teams believed to be much better than Texas State. The momentum that the Bobcats have gained should make this a good game.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #23
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

Solid 2-0 start bro, but this Texas Tech game will be a true test to see where your team really is at. Good luck! Could be a high scoring affair
Old 05-07-2017, 02:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
Solid 2-0 start bro, but this Texas Tech game will be a true test to see where your team really is at. Good luck! Could be a high scoring affair
Thanks. Yeah I'm going to need to score on every drive I'm afraid. Should be fun, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »