Home

#SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty

This is a discussion on #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #49
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty

FINALLY! Swarm notch first win in program history against Temple

Defense rebounds well, only allowing 10 points, 220 yards -- Defense comes up big with 2 late picks -- No turnovers for Swarm

Westlake, OH -- The first win in Westlake State football history came yesterday, a 13-10 victory over Temple in the snow. The defense in particular, rebounded well after Coach Banks ripped them in his postgame interview last week.

Early on in the game, it looked like a repeat of last week, with Temple tailback Jahad Thomas running for over 60 yards, with a score in the first quarter. But after that, the defense tightened up big time, holding the Owls scoreless in the second quarter, allowing just 30 yards in the quarter.

However, Temple's defense, anchored by NFL hopeful Haason Reddick, held the Swarm in check. The Swarm were able to kick a couple field goals in the second, and went into the half down 7-6, but there was an optimism about the team as they went to the locker room, something we hadn't seen before.

The 3rd quarter saw just 3 points, courtesy of a Temple field goal, and saw just 97 yards between the 2 teams.

Entering the 4th, Westlake State had the football at their own 18. They went 3 and out, and Temple started a drive at their own 20. They drove down the field, with several short passes from QB PJ Walker. But disaster struck for the Owls, when Westlake safety Elton Dudley jumped a pass, and gave the Swarm possession at the Temple 34. A 22 yard carry from HB OJ McNair jumpstarted a short drive that saw 2 crucial third down conversions, and ended in a 1 yard score from HB Stanford Kane, who had his redshirt removed this past week, as Coach Banks wanted a change of pace back to counter the elusiveness of McNair and Tyjuan Sparks.

Stanford Kane crosses the goal line to put the Swarm up 13-10,
a lead that they wouldn't relinquish

Temple and WSU exchanged punts, and then Temple had a good drive going, when Walker tossed a ball into the endzone. It was a 1 on 1 jump ball, and Westlake cornerback Robert Bonds won the battle. This gave Westlake State the ball at their own 20, with 1:47 remaining. They got a first down, kneeled the ball, and punted with 2 seconds remaining, giving Temple one last chance. Walker dropped back, and was sacked by Swarm DE Connor Foreman ending the game.

Foreman sacks PJ Walker

Coach Banks was proud of his team for rebounding from the tough loss last week, praising their resilience and toughness. "I'm proud of these guys. I went in on them last week, and to come back from that and get our first ever win shows mental toughness. We were a lot more focused today. We held Temple to what, 160 yards on the ground, and our secondary came up big with 2 late picks."

The win came at a cost though. McNair (16 carries, 90 yards) tore a back muscle in the 3rd quarter. He will likely miss the rest of the season. WR Deonte Suggs suffered a concussion on his only catch of the day, a 3 yard catch that moved the sticks on the TD drive. He'll be reevaluated next week. Elton Dudley was also injured, on the play where he made the interception. He sprained his right elbow, and will miss a minimum of 2 weeks.

The Swarm go on the road next week, to play against Washington State (4-3, 2-3 Pac-12).
Old 07-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #50
MVP

young22's Arena

I'm keeping the running sliders where they're at for now. I actually don't think that's why we won at all. Temple still averaged 5 YPC and had 160 yards. It was our pass defense that got it done.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #51
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Nice man, that first win against an FBS opponent is a great feeling when you make it challenging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I'm keeping the running sliders where they're at for now. I actually don't think that's why we won at all. Temple still averaged 5 YPC and had 160 yards. It was our pass defense that got it done.

If you wind up unhappy or can't get them how you like, I think I wound up with OS Community Heisman set (I'd have to check), and they're great. Personally, I could never get a custom set fine tuned for a challenge. The only thing I did was put user FG power to 80, and that was to be able to make a 40 yard FG...just BARELY with a kicker who has 78 power. I think any guy in FBS realistically has enough leg for 40 yards, at minimum.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #52
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Nice man, that first win against an FBS opponent is a great feeling when you make it challenging!

If you wind up unhappy or can't get them how you like, I think I wound up with OS Community Heisman set (I'd have to check), and they're great. Personally, I could never get a custom set fine tuned for a challenge. The only thing I did was put user FG power to 80, and that was to be able to make a 40 yard FG...just BARELY with a kicker who has 78 power. I think any guy in FBS realistically has enough leg for 40 yards, at minimum.
Preciate the feedback bro. I was so happy when I won this game man. I'm having fun playing these games, and it's gonna be a lot better after this painful first season. It was tough, cause I had actually kicked this one off last night, and played the first quarter, before I went to watch my boy hoop. I ain't get to sleep until 11:30 last night, had a tough 7 am workout this morning.

I don't like to leave my xbox on for long, cause it's like 8 years old, and it had already been on overnight, plus the 3 hours I was at the gym for, so I played the game before I went to have a nap, and I wanted so badly to sleep. Took me flipping that switch I usually only flip when I'm on the court to pull this one out. But man, it felt so good. I felt like I'd accomplished something. I have a real good feeling about this dynasty.ū

As far as sliders, I'm going to up FG power as well. My kicker has 80 something power, and in the NM State game, he was short on a 50 yarder with an 11 mph wind in his back. Like you said, the very worst kickers in the FBS have the leg to kick a 40 yarder. Probably do some testing in practice tomorrow.

Last edited by young22; 07-19-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #53
MVP

young22's Arena

Week 9, 2013

WESTLAKE STATE DOES IT AGAIN!

Swarm win despite playing 3 quarterbacks -- Defense holds Luke Falk to 27/57 passing -- Broderick Booth makes up for choke against Wyoming with clutch 4th quarter play -- TE JD Jolly breaks goal line tackles to deliver game winning TD as time expired, to win 30-29

TE JD Jolly crosses the plane for the game winning TD

Pullman, WA -- Westlake State surprisingly continued their winning ways yesterday against the Washington State Cougars. Led by the tandem of Luke Falk (27/57, 281 yards, 1 TD, 2 picks) and Gabe Marks (6 catches, 68 yards, 1 TD), the Cougars came into this game boasting the most prolific passing offense in the nation, at over 310 yards per game. They were expected to roll over the inexperienced Swarm secondary. The game started off very well for the Swarm, as on the Cougars first drive, Falk threw an errant pass, that was picked off by CB Chaz Montgomery. The Swarm would then march down the field and score courtesy of a 10 yard touchdown pass from QB Broderick Booth (9/18, 87 yards, 2 TD) to WR Deonte Suggs (2 catches, 26 yards, TD), a gametime decison due to a mild concussion suffered last week. Westlake forced another punt, and a a drive going, when on a QB keeper, Booth was twisted to the ground and stayed down. He had strained a muscle in his back.

Enter Ayo Chandler. (7/14, 92 yards, 3 INT) Coach Banks gave the former basketball player a chance at QB. He promptly threw a pick six, on his first ever collegiate pass. Chandler would throw 2 more interceptions, ending the Swarm's next 2 drives, before he was pulled in favor of senior Damion Gay . (14/28, 176 yards, TD)

Gay would play the next 2 and a half quarters, leading Westlake State to a 20-14 lead headed into the 4th quarter before tweaking his ankle on an option run. But Luke Falk and the Cougars weren't going away so easily. Falk completed 12 of 14 passes on the Cougars' next 2 drives to put his team up 29-23 with under 3 minutes to go.

Westlake State's defense, however, managed a stop, setting up a chance for the Swarm to lead a game winning drive. Coach Banks elected to put in the still hurting Booth with the game on the line. The senior led a drive all the way to the 23 yard line, when he again went down clutching his back after a first down pass.

Ayo Chandler had a chance to redeem himself, and he took it. He completed 2 passes, putting the ball at the 1 yard line with 1 second on the clock. The Swarm took their final timeout, and Banks put Booth in the game for the potential winning play. And Booth delivered. He took the snap from the gun, rolled out left, and passed the ball to TE JD Jolly (5 catches, 51 yards, 2 TD). The pass was low, but Jolly was able to catch it, explode towards the goalline, and break through 2 Cougar defenders to tie the game at 29. The PAT was good, and the Swarm walked out with their second win under their belts.

"Hell of a game. I'm proud of Brody man, I really am. And shoutout to JD too. He doesn"t get many touches, but we needed him today and he delivered. We play with that kind of heart and focus every week, we'll be alright.", said Banks in his postgame interview.

The Swarm will go on the road and play Old Dominion (7-2, Independent) next week.

ESPN Classic score: 979
Old 07-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #54
MVP

young22's Arena

I don't know what was up with Falk this game. It's like he threw that first pick and never got in rhythm until the 4th. I might up CPU QBA to 10 next season.

Still had a blast playing this one. I'm fully expecting to get blown out next week, cause there's no way we shoulda won that game. Super lucky that JD Jolly is a beast. Probably play 2-3 more games today and get those recaps out tomorrow. Only 4 more games, then we're hitting the offseason. I got big plans in the future, content quality will go way up season 2 and beyond. I think Season 3, when we're in the MAC and hopefully somewhat respectable as a program, is when I'll get really in depth. There will be storyline recruits (If you want to me to put your recruit in, message me), game previews, and around the nation updates weekly next season though.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #55
MVP

young22's Arena

Gonna try J-Kits sliders for the last 3 games of the season. Playing ODU right now, still on community sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #56
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

two in a row, solid second win. That should really help you keep your job lol.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »