Home

THE HAVES AND HAVE NOTS - NCAA '14 RELEGATION DYNASTY

This is a discussion on THE HAVES AND HAVE NOTS - NCAA '14 RELEGATION DYNASTY within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
THE HAVES AND HAVE NOTS - NCAA '14 RELEGATION DYNASTY

Just a little bit of background before starting:

GAME: NCAA '14, loaded rosters from CallMeLSU from 2 years ago
Playing on: Heisman, modified sliders to make it a little more difficult
Teams controlled: Most likely Ohio State, MTSU, and any other random games I feel like playing
Simulating all recruiting for time being

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 06-01-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: THE HAVES AND HAVE NOTS - NCAA '14 RELEGATION DYNASTY

PROPOSED RELEGATION DIVISIONS AND FORMATTING:

The set-up for the proposed relegation format is as follows:

*4 conferences of 16 teams, known as the Power Conferences. This is the highest level of play, and will determine the college football national champion
*4 conferences of 16 teams, known as the Second Division Conferences. These teams will be vying for the opportunity to elevate themselves into the Power Conferences each year.
*2 conferences of 6 teams each, known as the Lower Division conferences. The winner of each of these conferences will elevate themselves to the Second Division Conferences at the end of each year.

The teams in each of these respective conferences and divisions will be released shortly.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Not surprisingly, the SEC was the first named conference of the highest level, Power Conferences. The sixteen teams in this conference will remain separated into two divisions, the East and West. The teams are as follows:

EAST
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Missouri
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

WEST
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
Texas
Texas A & M
Texas Tech

At the end of the season, the team with the worst divisional record will be relegated to the Second Division, swapping places with the Conference USA Champion.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #4
Rookie

The second Power Conference announced was the Big 10. Adding several new teams to the mix, the Big 10 now weighs in with 16 teams as well, with the lowest performing team being relegated to the MAC.

EAST
Illinois
Indiana
Maryland
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers

WEST
Iowa
Iowa State
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Old 06-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

The third of the four Power Conferences is the Pac-12, also containing 16 members.

WEST
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State

EAST
Arizona
Arizona State
Baylor
Boise State
Houston
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
Rookie

The last of the four Power Conferences named was the ACC, meaning the Big 12 has been relegated to a Second Division Conference. The ACC adds several new members as well, with the American Conference serving as its "feeder" conference to fill in for it's relegated team each season.

EAST
Clemson
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
North Carolina
NC State
UCF

WEST
Boston College
Duke
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
West Virginia
Old 06-01-2018, 12:51 PM   #7
Rookie

RELEGATION SET UP

After announcing the 4 conferences and 64 teams in the top tier, the following teams and conference set-ups were announced as well.

Conference USA will serve as the feeder conference for the SEC conference, with their championship game each year serving as a "play-in game" to the SEC for the following year. In the same manner, the MAC championship will be a play in game to the Big 10, and the Big 12 and American championship games will serve as play-ins to the Pac-12 and ACC respectively.

The teams with the worst divisional records of the four Power conferences will be relegated. Also, the teams in Conference USA and the Big 12 with the worst records will be relegated to the Lower Division Sun Belt and Mountain West divisions, with those respective conference winners moving up. Confusing? Only at first. Also, the two independent teams have elected to not participate in the relegation system, and will remain independent until further notice.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #8
Rookie

First Relegation Season Will Begin after 2 Years

The first two years of this dynasty will be simulated, for several reasons. One, I wanted to test the waters, and see what kind of results I would be getting. Two, I wanted to get more reasonably current rosters. With simulating two years, I would be up to the current year players in theory, with all freshman and sophomores being computer generated (which I was fine with). Some of the players will be accurate, and some of the juniors that have jumped to the NFL are still around (I saw Calvin Ridley on Alabama for my test game). At any rate, I probably won't update any of the names past what I end up with after the two years of simulating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »