Home

Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

This is a discussion on Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2019, 06:18 AM   #169

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
speed is huge in this game and the big Florida schools usually have a plethora of it, visions of short gains turning into 60 yard TDs are probably dancing in Geezy's head.

I try to really focus whern I read someone's reports and I guess I'm a bit of a numbers nerd too. After you'd mentioned the missed point after I noticed the 19 and wondered if he'd missed another.
No question - they have guys that can burn us if they get to the second level. As you'll soon see, their team is scary good and we'll have to play a near flawless game to be able to come out of it with a win, unless we get lucky and they look past us and lay an egg.

Yes, unfortunately our kicker situation this season has been rough, however it does feel realistic to have a true freshman going through some early growing pains. Between my user field goal kicking slider being turned down to 20 and my faulty controller I highlighted back in April of 2016 (wow does the time fly!), I believe I have found the perfect settings to make field goal kicking a realistic challenge.

If I don't concentrate, even on extra points, a miss is likely to occur. I even concentrated on that first try, but flicked the Right Stick to the exact wrong spot where the fault/jam is by mistake, and it resulted in the extra point bouncing off of the upright. I love it.

In 2026, I went 16 of 21 on field goals, 64 of 65 on extra points. In 2025, I went 21 of 27 on field goals and 58 of 58 on extra points. And so far this year, with an average freshman, I am 2 of 4 on field goals and 16 of 18 on extra points. Feels like perfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
Understatement of the year but that Jerome Harmon interception was vital, what with South Carolina seemingly marching down the field. In general all the turnovers played a massive part in why LSU came away with the win oh and the fact the Gamecocks had just 28 total rushing yards in the game, hopefully this will give the defense a boost going into the game against Florida, it shows them they can actually stop the run!
Definitely the understatement of the year haha. If Harmon doesn't pick that pass off, I am certain that we lose. That was one of those rare, once or twice per calendar year moments where I jumped and pumped my fists in jubiliation following a big play. It is moments like those that even a decade from now when this thing is long done, I will remember. It was also refreshing to be able to preserve a low-scoring final score like that; those types of defensive struggles don't come around very often.

Glad you pointed out the run defense. I actually went into this game saying to myself that I could not remember the last time I really shut down a team's running game. Texas Tech is the only other recent example, and that's only because they really didn't try to run much. This past game was just one of those games where we guessed right on when to call run blitzes and the guys didn't allow many broken tackles. We're going to need that type of effort again next weekend versus Florida.

Thanks for checking in Tearz!

Quote:
any thoughts on more changes to the SEC?
This is a great question.

It is important to keep in mind that in this version of the game, conference changes only come via invitation, so I would say it is unlikely at this stage. I will say that every year, I take user control of a few teams before going to the off-season menu, Southern Miss being one of them, in hopes of them getting an invite. I'd love for the Golden Eagles, who are a consistent double-digit win team, to replace Kentucky or Vanderbilt at some point.

Last year, and I didn't get a chance to highlight this in the report, Notre Dame got a Big 10 invite to replace Wisconsin - which I found odd because Wisconsin isn't a bad team - so I declined it. If it had been for the Irish to replace a school such as Purdue, a bottom feeder in this dynasty, I would have accepted the change.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:34 AM   #170
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

I couldn't remember if you were on a version that allowed conference fiddling on your own or not.

good call on Notre Dame/Wisconsin
Old 02-21-2019, 04:39 PM   #171
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

Big time win v S Carolina but no surprise as it was at night in death valley!

Also I think Michigan is on the revenge tour again 2027 version after being out of the preseason top 25. and...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Notre Dame's "Super Team" losing to UM in south bend! I know its not IRL but that just makes me soo happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2019, 05:50 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice win and fantastic dynasty so far.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #173
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
First of all, welcome to the dynasty board and thank you for taking the time to reply.

Your first paragraph really sums up well my exact feelings; man was this a humbling, eye-opening experience. I really thought we were on our way after that Texas Tech blowout, and then Tulane goes out and promptly b****-slaps us to waken me out of that fantasy.

I too am a bit worried about our schedule. Based on what is remaining, a home game against South Carolina is pretty much a must-win. If we drop this one, and all of a sudden, I am worried about bowl eligibility.

As indicated in the game article and as you point out, I never once thought about benching Mason. I felt as though the OL was to blame for his woes in this one. I think he bounces back strong this weekend against the Gamecocks.

Thanks again for following along!

Thanks! And sorry for such a slow response back! I stumbled across your Dynasty lurking around here near Thanksgiving when you were wrapping up part 2 with Tulane. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the work you've put into this Dynasty! I love it, and it's inspired me to take a different approach with my own Dynasties.

That Tulane game reminded me of a game I had with my Iowa State Dynasty a couple weeks back. I had really improved from year 1 to year 2 and we were going into Miami to play the Hurricanes. This was a game that, even if we lost and stayed fairly competitive, was a way to show we had arrived. Well we lost 52-10. I kept thinking about that reading about the Tulane game.

Glad to see you won against SC. I'm hoping LSU makes it to bowl season. Keep up the great work. Loving it!
Old 02-22-2019, 09:36 PM   #174

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
I couldn't remember if you were on a version that allowed conference fiddling on your own or not.

good call on Notre Dame/Wisconsin
Yeah...I wish I had that feature because there's some moves I'd like to make, but at the same time, I would say that I personally prefer the 2011 College Football landscape versus what we have today. Things just "felt" right back then, pre-2012; things feel a bit unnatural right now in real life to me for some reason. Call me old school, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
Big time win v S Carolina but no surprise as it was at night in death valley!

Also I think Michigan is on the revenge tour again 2027 version after being out of the preseason top 25. and...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Notre Dame's "Super Team" losing to UM in south bend! I know its not IRL but that just makes me soo happy.
Yes, the Wolverines are stacking up W's. Both they and USC were inexplicably left out of the initial Top 25, and they're unleashing hell on everyone it seems.

Notre Dame struggling has to be the shocker of the 2027 season thus far. Championship hangover perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachH
Nice win and fantastic dynasty so far.
Thanks, Coach H; glad to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
Thanks! And sorry for such a slow response back! I stumbled across your Dynasty lurking around here near Thanksgiving when you were wrapping up part 2 with Tulane. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the work you've put into this Dynasty! I love it, and it's inspired me to take a different approach with my own Dynasties.

That Tulane game reminded me of a game I had with my Iowa State Dynasty a couple weeks back. I had really improved from year 1 to year 2 and we were going into Miami to play the Hurricanes. This was a game that, even if we lost and stayed fairly competitive, was a way to show we had arrived. Well we lost 52-10. I kept thinking about that reading about the Tulane game.

Glad to see you won against SC. I'm hoping LSU makes it to bowl season. Keep up the great work. Loving it!
No worries on the slow response. This is just a video game message board at the end of the day. LOL

I appreciate the kind words, sir. It is always nice to hear that your own work has inspired others.

The best advice I could give is to make sure you really put a lot of time and effort into figuring out the perfect team, and also pace yourself so that you don't get burned out. This 1 game per week or two weeks ritual I have developed has really been one of the biggest reasons for this dynasty's longevity. It really helps to keep things fresh and also makes each game feel very important, sort of like real life. Heck, I'm even observing the bye week this week to re-charge my batteries a bit.

That Tulane contest was certainly a wake-up call. Coming off a game in which we scored over 70 points, after the Green Wave did what they did to us, I was seriously doubting if we had any chance whatsoever at even a bowl game. That's why we love this game though; you never know what type of matchup you're in for, especially if you don't bring your best effort.

Thanks again for checking in and for the great feedback!
Old 02-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #175
Rookie

soxfan98's Arena

OVR: 2

Great stuff here. This is one of the dynasties that inspired me to finally start my own. Keep up the great work, love reading along with this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2019, 07:00 AM   #176

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan98
Great stuff here. This is one of the dynasties that inspired me to finally start my own. Keep up the great work, love reading along with this!
Appreciate you following man, and also for the kind words...Good luck with the dynasty. Feel free to reach out to me if you ever need a hand with anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »