Home

#ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV

This is a discussion on #ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
#ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV

It's probably an overwhelming task to try and catch guys up with this as I am now in year 2041. If you're familiar with my Cathedral dynasty, I started it late 2016, had a great time posting it here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-football.html … then stopped playing video games altogether, came back with a new, short-lived project, then repeated cycle again with https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ll-shrine.html

So yeah, I haven't really made a stable project out of this since the original thread, but nonetheless, I've continued to play-- whether I was posting or not. I am now eager to get it back on the boards, mainly for the immersion factor. I feel the dynasty is now flooded with forgotten legends lol.

Jake Rasmussen (2019-22) was well-documented in my first Cathedral thread, becoming the first true freshman to start at quarterback for the Spartans.

So, a quick run down:
  • First of all, Cathedral is coming off its second consecutive BCS National Title, beating arch-rival Texas, a squad led by two-time Heisman winner Jaireh Augustine, who, as a freshman, was decked in Cathedral blue ... But, we haven't been winning titles left and right, that's only our third in the 27 seasons I've played.
A surname I really want you guys to be familiar with is Nawahine.
  • There's two of them, and both are absolute legends in this gaming world. It was Kila Nawahine (2029-32) who led us to our first BCS title (also over Texas), as a true freshman in 2029. Then, 10 seasons later, Kanoa Nawahine (2039-40), who guided the Spartans to back-to-back title victories in 2039 and 2040.
Both were QB’s coming out of Hawaii, which is why I tagged them as brothers. The only big difference was, Kila was the #1 QB coming out of his class, while Kanoa was a three-star recruit who I added mid-season realizing I needed some QB depth. The rest was history. Kila actually holds the NCAA record for most passing TD’s in career (156), but Kanoa, who jetted for the NFL following his RS-So. campaign, put together a short, decorated career, building a legacy that stands on par with his prolific brother's.
  • And finally, outside of Cathedral, I mentioned Texas a lot in this introduction. This is a legit arch-rival … After Kila beat them for the title in 2029, we didn't win again until 2039, when Kanoa arrived.
The annual rivalry was first introduced as a season opener in 2031, but due to scheduling issues, was moved to a season closer last season, which pit the #1 & #2 teams head to head. We lost before winning the ACC, prompting a rematch against Texas in the BCS title.

Last edited by beast10; 12-28-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
All Star

beast10's Arena

SCHEDULE: 2041 CATHEDRAL

#11 OHIO STATE
0-0, 0-0 B10

SATURDAY, AUG. 24

NEUTRAL SITE

OLD DOMINION
0-0, 0-0 C-USA

SATURDAY, AUG. 31

HOME - RIVALRY

CLEMSON
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, SEP. 14

HOME

#2 VIRGINIA TECH
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, SEP. 21

HOME

MIAMI
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, SEP. 28

HOME

#17 GEORGIA TECH
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, OCT. 5

HOME - RIVALRY

#3 FLORIDA STATE
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, OCT. 12

AWAY

PITTSBURGH
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, OCT. 19

AWAY

#21 DUKE
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, OCT. 26

AWAY

NORTH CAROLINA
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, NOV. 2

AWAY

VIRGINIA
0-0, 0-0 ACC

SATURDAY, NOV. 16

AWAY

#1 TEXAS
0-0, 0-0 B12

SATURDAY, NOV. 23

HOME - RIVALRY

Last edited by beast10; 12-28-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #3
All Star

beast10's Arena

Re: #ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV

This isn't exactly a "chronological, multi-part series"-- I've jumped probably decades between threads lol, but nonetheless, it's the fourth installment

I'm gonna try and make something decent out of it. I usually play this game in spurts, probably get 4 games in within two days, then don't play for weeks. so hopefully that can translate into some quality posts / reports

that said, feel free to post

Last edited by beast10; 12-28-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:58 PM   #4
All Star

beast10's Arena

JOHNSON: "WILLIAMS TOO FAST AT QB"?

Only a single pass attempt lies on Cathedral's returning player statistics, and that is a 10 yard completion by no other than linebacker Ahmaad Vincent (and I have absolutely no idea when that happened) ...

Four unexperienced quarterbacks grace the roster, the eldest, Ernest Heman V, a redshirt-sophomore, followed by three true freshmen, headlined by five-star athlete Quincy Williams-- high emphasis being placed on "athlete", according to head coach Jeremy Johnson.

"Right now, it's almost as if he's too fast to be [at quarterback]," Johnson said. "He's a confident runner, for good reason, but at this level of college football there's confident run stoppers to counter, especially against happy foot quarterbacks."

Williams' was originally likely to be slotted at defensive back, but that was prior to the early departure of Kanoa Nawahine in the off-season. The Ohio native's uncanny speed and capable arm catapulted him up with Herman, along with fellow true freshman Tarik Ransom, for starting QB talks.

Johnson, who was an All-American quarterback at Cathedral from 2014-17, has maintained confidence in developing Williams.

"In all our years of football at Cathedral, we've never had a guy win the Heisman trophy," Johnson said. "With Williams, he's definitely the type of player that could do that."

Last edited by beast10; 12-31-2018 at 03:09 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:51 AM   #5
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Glad to have you back Beast! Always a pleasure to read about the true longest running dynasty on these boards.

Can't believe Jeremy Johnson is your coach now LOL.. I know he's a legend at Cathedral but just knowing what happened to him in real life (benched, CFL)... weird to wrap my head around.

Excited to see Quincy Williams. The description of his play style makes me think of a Lamar Jackson type guy.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Love to see that your dynasty has brought a rivalry in Texas for you and the Spartans!! Can't wait to see this rolling again, in 2041 (!!!) no less.

Indy Eleven | Rutgers | NY Giants | Watford
Old 12-29-2018, 02:12 PM   #7
MVP

Maize08's Arena

OVR: 6

Excited to follow this, glad you're sticking with it. This is awesome.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:30 PM   #8
MVP

young22's Arena

Glad to see you back bro!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »