Home

Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2020, 08:55 AM   #833
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

Old 04-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #834
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Nunyer's Notes

LSU was just lousy in the red zone. Consistent yards on most drives until they got close... then two red zone interceptions was a potential 28 point swing that doomed them. They played pretty fierce run defense most of the game, first time this year where I felt I actually had to pass to have success... so that was nice. After the game, I slightly bumped up all CPU offensive sliders by 5 or 10... the Kalispell sliders lend themselves to more wide open games than Jkits, no doubt there, but for whatever reason the CPU offense isn't playing quite where I want them.

Also as full disclosure, I intentionally went for the 250 yards passing late in the game to impress recruits... and now I feel dirty. I like to be the guy that takes his 10 xp for kneeling the ball late while pumping HB3 and FB2 with rushing attempts. But I had a ton of guys visiting and it paid off, landed a bunch of signings.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #835
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEP1170
this thread is great. just spent the last 20 minutes going through it. great stuff!
Thanks for the kind words. Glad you are enjoying it! I'm having a lot of fun playing and writing things up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #836
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0

You know you're having a big season when going for 20-101-1 on the ground is holding you in check. Glad Tiki could have a big game - he doesn't get as much of the spotlight with Kwame being the key to your offense, but it seems like he can be a fun player to play with as long as he's not "rattled" by the big environment. (And as simple as the name change is compared to the others', his is one of my favorites.)
Old 04-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #837
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
You know you're having a big season when going for 20-101-1 on the ground is holding you in check. Glad Tiki could have a big game - he doesn't get as much of the spotlight with Kwame being the key to your offense, but it seems like he can be a fun player to play with as long as he's not "rattled" by the big environment. (And as simple as the name change is compared to the others', his is one of my favorites.)
Ha! You are correct, in the grand scheme of things you don't kick 20 carries for 100 out of bed for eating crackers. (yea, I'm still trying to unwrap that analogy myself... let's move on) I think in that moment I was coming from the perspective of the Heisman race... where he'll have to probably average 150 yards and multiple scores a game to maintain the pace. But big picture, I'm not complaining.

As far as Tiki... he's been surprisingly fun to play with and for some reason a better overall runner than I was expecting. Palinski had better pure RB attributes, but Browning has been a pleasant surprise when he's been asked to carry.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:58 AM   #838
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

didnt expect you to stomp lsu like that!
Old 04-28-2020, 11:30 AM   #839
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Dr. Schreibman was a placekicker for Niagara for three seasons starting in 1990. He is still the Rhinos all time leading scorer and has been widely recognized across southern Ontario as a Niagara Rhino superfan. His views do not necessarily express those of Niagara University.

MIDSEASON REPORT

DON'T LOOK PAST WAKE FOREST!
I know we're all looking forward to Week 9, when the currently #1 ranked Florida State Seminoles visit Bertha Doyle Field. That game could have absolutely HUGE implications. Currently stuck as the 4th ranked team, this game could be Niagara's ticket into the National Championship. You can add one additional layer, as Florida State HB Marcus Coleman is likely the Heisman front runner ahead of our own Kwame Babajide. After Coleman put up 202 yards and 4 TDs against Maryland, he has to have the edge as of today. So this game might be critical on multiple levels, for the team but also some individual glory.

That said, we can't ignore Wake Forest. Currently ranked 18th, we need to go into their backyard and take care of business. Despite their schedule being a bit suspect so far, they've been very strong against the run and have some playmakers on offense. I'm sure Coach Nonek is taking them very seriously, I just hope the players are doing the same.

INJURY UPDATES - TWO STARTERS OUT AGAINST WAKE
First up is WR2 Domingo Garcia, he left the game with a mild concussion but further examination by medical staff has revealed a neck injury which will keep him out against Wake Forest and perhaps longer. The team will re-assess during the Week 8 bye. Offensive coordinator Stevie Browning has announced that Ike Petoskey will likely remain in the slot and did not name an official replacement for Garcia on the outside. Most likely candidates are senior Tommy Kubiak or redshirt freshman Kordivido Sanders.

Next up is a potential big blow to the defense. After complaining of knee swelling in practice early this week, it has been determined that starting defensive end Matt Vogel has an MCL sprain and could miss 3-5 weeks. This could be a big injury, as not only does Vogel lead the team with 7 sacks, but the Rhinos are also thin along the defensive line. In practice this week, I've seen two different alignments. One has defensive tackle Ali Ramadan moving to the end with sophomore Sonny Duda (83 OVR) taking his place inside. The other look was to have Ramadan stay put and for redshirt junior Blaine Rotherhauser (77 OVR) to take over the edge. My guess is that we'll see both packages depending on the situation.

MIDSEASON OFFENSE REPORT
From my perspective, this new offense has delivered. Tiki Browning isn't being asked to do too much, either in the air or with his feet, and he's been largely solid. The 9-to-5 TD to INT ratio could be stronger, but he's been completing 64% of his passes and has added 243 yards and 4 TDs with his feet.

The running game is where the big gains have been coming from. Finally put into the top HB role as a junior, Kwame Babajide has responded with 144 rushing yards per game and 13 TDs. He's also the 2nd leading receiver on the team with 17 catches for 128 yards and three more TDs.

MIDSEASON DEFENSE REPORT
Where has this pass defense come from? I think most of us were expecting a solid senior season from CB Demetrius Howze but he has exceeded expectations. He has already matched his single season high with 5 interceptions in just six games. He counterpart on the opposite side has arguably been even better, as redshirt sophomore Runako Gaddis has pulled in six interceptions.

Although injury looks to have sidelined sack leader Matt Vogel for at least the next 2 or 3 games, the Niagara linebackers have done a good job getting pressure via the blitz. All three starting backers have three sacks a piece. Starting MLB D.J. Daniloff is having a solid senior campaign, leading the team in total tackles and playing great sideline-to-sideline pursuit. Fellow senior LB Tony Potts has looked all but unblockable at times, leading the team with an impressive 15 tackles for loss and playing stellar against option looks.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:53 AM   #840
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Could we see Natty #2 making its way north of the border?! The Rhinos look unstoppable this year, and I could see Kwame being the first Rhino retired number if he reels in that that elusive Heisman.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »