Home

Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2020, 05:21 PM   #425
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 01-27-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #426
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Pac-12 looks tough this year. 5 teams in the Top-25. Will be interesting to see if the Ducks can keep winning and make a run at a Natty here too.

Good luck with the Bulls. Looks like they are playing solid football.

Also looking forward to seeing if Tiki follows in the footsteps of his dad, or bolts for for NBA dreams
Old 01-28-2020, 08:58 PM   #427
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Old 01-28-2020, 09:13 PM   #428
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Nunyer's Notes

Tweaked the sliders a bit prior to this game, small boosts to CPU pass accuracy, run block and pass block. Was hard to tell if it made any difference... they had a few big plays, although instead of taking dumb sacks, the CPU QB threw some awful passes into coverage.

But I'm loving the CPU defense in general... as it's doing a good job of exposing my lack of OL strength in the run game. Passing is still open enough, as it's always going to be in this game once your team has decent QB/WR talent... but the American is definitely a bigger challenge as I'm completing under 60% of my passes with a 5 TD to 7 INT ratio so far... I wouldn't have complained had I lost this or the Vandy game, but so far the CPU AI is finding ways to lose more than I am doing anything to win.

Oh just realized that I forgot to mention the injury from this game. TE Latimer Iorg, out for 10 weeks with a torn pectoral. In a weird twist, Iorg was also the offensive player who rolled a pre-determined injury that was supposed to land in week 8 and run for five weeks. My earlier defensive injury to Daniloff was naturally occurring, so my pre-determined one is yet to drop.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #429
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Niagara's Christian Ricks Out for Season
Senior Cornerback tore his Achilles tendon during team walk through this afternoon

By: Oscar Gamble
October 4th, 2016

Senior cornerback Christian Ricks will miss the remainder of the 2016 NCAA season with a torn Achilles tendon. The injury took place towards the end of a short week of practice. The team will fly to Houston tomorrow morning to prepare for their Thursday night game against the Cougars. According to team sources, it was a non-contact injury and happened while Ricks was jogging off the field.

"It was just one of those freak things", said defensive coordinator Jordan Johnson, "He was jogging off the field, then just crumpled to the ground. He's in good spirits and expects to make a full recovery, just a shame that it had to happen now. He's busted his butt for this program over the last five years."

Johnson stated that Ricks most likely replacement is sophomore Derrick Sanders who has spent his career to this point as the nickelback. Ricks ends his career as Niagara's all-time NCAA leader in interceptions with 12. He also had 76 tackles and 1 QB sack in a little over two seasons as a starter.

Ricks joins LB D.J. Daniloff and TE Latimer Iorg as Rhinos who have gone down with injury over the last two weeks. Daniloff suffered a back injury against Memphis and is expected to be out another 7-8 weeks. Junior Bubba Anderson got his first career start in Daniloff's absence, registering four tackles and a pass defended. TE Iorg has a torn pectoral muscle and his timetable to return in yet unknown, but team sources expect he likely wouldn't be 100% until possibly bowl season. Junior Rasheed Barnes played most of the USF game in place of Iorg, who was injured on the first series. Rasheed pulled in two catches for 34 yards. He started as a true freshman and had 25 catches including 5 touchdowns, but lost his starting job to Iorg last season.

Nunyer's Note: There's the pre-determined defensive injury... now everybody else stay healthy dammit!
Old 01-28-2020, 11:12 PM   #430
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Wow, that sucks to lose Iorg.. Kubiak is going to have to continue to step up and take some pressure off Gibbs.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:48 PM   #431
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Wow, that sucks to lose Iorg.. Kubiak is going to have to continue to step up and take some pressure off Gibbs.
Yea, I was getting into a nasty habit these first few games of trying to throw Gibbs open... and he has made some pretty great catches in coverage... but it's not how I like to play. USF had two solid starting CBs, but fell off after that... and I was able to find Kubiak open in the slot quite a bit, so that was promising. I was hoping for big things from Iorg this season, hadn't quite panned out... but he has potential and he's one of my few competent run blockers.

....and for our road game preview:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #432
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »