Home

The Bills Beat || A Buffalo Media Dynasty [M20]

This is a discussion on The Bills Beat || A Buffalo Media Dynasty [M20] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #17
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Bills Beat || A Buffalo Media Dynasty [M20]

Last edited by ShamWowNY; 03-01-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:22 PM   #18
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

"WattWatch, hashtag WattSzn, the Wattstravaganza, whatever you wanna call it...it's over. Billy, what do you think?"

"At that price, I'm glad Beane didn't pull the trigger. He's a great player and I'd love to have him on the Bills, but $23 million guaranteed? At 32, 33, whatever he is? Not a contract they can afford to hand out with Josh's extension and a pay raise for Diggs and everything else that's coming down the pike. Plus, what happened to going to a contender?"

"His people are thinking that the NFC crop of quarterbacks are less scary than Mahomes."

"Tom Brady just beat Mahomes!"

"I'm just saying what his camp might be thinking! Don't be salty."

"Well we've been talking basically nothing but JJ Watt this JJ Watt that, I really had myself talked into it...but lets move on."

"Here's a huge question that's kind of been lost in the shuffle with all this talk about free agency and the draft - what quarterbacks are we going to face in the division next year? Josh miiiiiight be the only returning starter in the AFC East."

"I hope he isn't!"

"Trust me, same here! But thinking realistically, Darnold is probably out in New Jersey, The Dolphins could make a move for Deshaun Watson, Patriots-"

"CAM NEWTON'S ARM IS SHOT"

"His arm is shot, so Belichick could be looking elsewhere too. Time will tell, my friend, but I'm glad we aren't the ones playing QB musical chairs for once."

Old 03-20-2021, 08:22 PM   #19
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

_GRADING BILLS OFFSEASON MOVES (SO FAR)
___As free agency officially opens, let's look at what moves the team has made to-date.
___
By Steve Moynihan | Mar 17, 2021

Happy New Year! Well, league year, that is. With free agency starting this week, let's take a look at the moves that Brandon Beane has already made to position the Bills for success in the coming season. I'll be providing my grades and commentary for each major move.

Re-signed LB Matt Milano (4 yrs $44M)
We at Stampede have said it all offseason – Matt Milano is as good as gone. “Big Baller Beane” proved us wrong, signing Milano to a long-term contract below market value. We can see how he got that nickname. Locking up a crucial part of the Bills’ defense at such a great price is an easy move to grade. Plus, Matt had one of the tweets of the Bills’ offseason so far after the news broke:

Good looks all around, folks.

Grade: A+

Cut WR John Brown (savings: $7.9M) and signed WR Emmanuel Sanders (1 yr $6M)
I grouped these moves together, as they go hand in hand. John Brown was a cut candidate coming into this offseason, and the Bills pulled the trigger last week. He’s been a valuable piece in Josh Allen’s growth, but last year missed significant time with injuries and it’s reasonable to fear he may lose a step going into this season. Given his large salary this year, it was an easy cut financially speaking. This left a veteran-#2-receiver shaped hole on the roster, which they have promptly filled with Emmanuel Sanders. Despite his age, Sanders is still a very good route-runner and a great complement to the Bills stable of Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley, and Gabriel Davis. The Bills loved to run 10 personnel last year, and this move gives them as dangerous a wide receiver room as any in the league while increasing cap flexibility this year and beyond. They do lose a little speed, so look for them to add a burner in the bargain bin or the draft.

Grade: A-

Re-signed RG Jon Feliciano (3 yrs $17M) and RT Daryl Williams (3 yrs $24M)
Everyone was convinced that there was no way the Bills could bring back both Feliciano and Williams, but once again Brandon Beane found a way. In an article earlier this year, my colleague Mike Pitino recommended they retain Feliciano and let Williams walk, as the tackle market would likely be too rich for Buffalo. However, with the release of high-profile tackles such as Bryan Bulaga, it turned out that Williams couldn't find the top-shelf value he was looking for. It's a fair deal, given Williams' injury history, but I'm sure he would've liked to cash in. I'm glad Feliciano gets to stick around too, as his locker room presence can't be overstated. On the field, though, I'm not sure it's what some hoped for. I understand the value in keeping the offensive line that got the Bills to the AFC title game together, but a line upgrade seemed possible after the Chiefs pass rush was in Josh Allen's face all game.

Grade: B-

Re-signed CB Levi Wallace (1 yr-$1.75M)
Levi Wallace got an opportunity as an UDFA with the Bills in 2018 and he has made the most of it. He's started 35 games at CB2 the last three seasons and has showed competence. He's a better depth piece than a bonafide starter, as he lacks the athleticism of a top end CB, but I'm glad to see him come in at a reasonable number below what his RFA tender would've been. Expect him to compete once again for the CB2 role, and given his track record I wouldn't necessarily bet against him.

Grade: B

Sign QB Mitchell Trubisky (1 yr $2.5M)
This is a really interesting move. Speaking to the press, Beane made it clear this is a pit stop on both sides, saying the following: "This is a reset for him. We don't expect him to be here long term." It's a clear upgrade at the backup position, in my eyes, and Trubisky's athletic profile should allow the Bills to run a similar offense to normal if disaster strikes and Josh Allen misses significant time.

Grade: A

Bills trade Lee Smith to Atlanta for a 7th round pick in 2022
This move was shocking, in a good way. Lee Smith was 100% going to be cut or retire. The fact that the Bills were able to get an asset in return is just incredible. I can't give a 7th round pick anything higher than a B from a value perspective, but it's an A+ GM move.

Grade: B

Quick hits: Restructured C Mitch Morse’s contract for savings of $3M (Rather restructure than try to replace, A-), restructured DT Vernon Butler’s contract for savings of $2M (Butler was disappointing last season, D+), restructured DE Mario Addison’s contract for savings of $2M (Hoped for a cut and upgrade, B-)

Low-profile moves: Re-signed LB/ST Andre Smith (2 yr $2.4M), Signed P Matt Haack (3 yr $5.45M), extended LB/ST Tyler Matakevich (1 yr $3M), re-signed RB/ST Taiwan Jones (1 yr $1.75M), signed TE Jacob Hollister (1 yr $1.12M)

Below are the remaining free agents from last years roster. I've categorized them according to their current status in my eyes.

In limbo: WR Isaiah McKenzie, RB T.J. Yeldon, SS Dean Marlowe, RT Ty Nsekhe
Surprisingly replaced: QB Matt Barkley, P Corey Bojorquez
Playing elsewhere: TE Tyler Kroft, RG Brian Winters, DE Trent Murphy, CB Josh Norman, LB Del’Shawn Phillips

Last edited by ShamWowNY; 03-20-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #20
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

Old 03-21-2021, 02:14 PM   #21
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2021, 11:09 AM   #22
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice stuff so far.

Great concept.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #23
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frappuccino
Nice stuff so far.

Great concept.
Thanks for the compliment and for following!
Old 03-25-2021, 06:28 PM   #24
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »