Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #9321
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Only mildly related to FM but still a game by SI...
If you have any interest in hockey and still don't own Eastside Hockey Manager, now is the time to pick it up. It's 90% off(only $1.99!) for owners of FM 18 through March 26. If you don't own FM 18, it's 75%($4.99) off, so it's still a great deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #9322
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Motorsport Manager is also on sale for $8.74. I really enjoy playing that from time to time. And FM18 is on sale for $25 if you haven't bought that yet also.

And it looks like if you don't own all three, you can get all three for $26.99. Which is a great deal.

Last edited by Zac; 03-22-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:27 AM   #9323
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
JUDAS!!!

I finally got called back to the motherland. Little did you know, I was a double agent this whole time.

Viva Southampton

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 03-23-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #9324
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

So uh, yeah...

Maybe we can do still do this...

(we gave up a **** load of goals for a month and ****ed our GD. Key GK out injured and playing a youth GK. And both starting CB out, we lost some doosies like 7-3, 6-2, 5-0, 4-0, etc. Also completely destroyed morale and we never seemed to be able to recover from it. It was pretty bad.)

Son of a...

Table when fired:

I don't see any of your punk asses on this list:

14 years. 7 promotions. 5 league titles. 2 lower league cup wins. One relegation. And I get fired. Complete horse-crap.

The stats:

They expected to avoid a relegation battle. Which was a little much. I felt it should have bee to fight against relegation. But probably my fault for trying to give too much youth a chance and not bringing in championship experienced players. But to be fair we didn't have the funds to really do so. And the few players I did try to bring in wouldn't join because we were only a two star rep club.

I have no idea what to do now. I honestly never expected to get fired. The rise was too fast. I should have slowed it down and not tried to go up each division so fast. I don't know if I should load up the save from the start of the season and try again, or just move on to another save. I'm kind of pissed about this. But there are also other saves I wouldn't mind doing. Going to have to think about it.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #9325
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
So uh, yeah...

Maybe we can do still do this...

(we gave up a **** load of goals for a month and ****ed our GD. Key GK out injured and playing a youth GK. And both starting CB out, we lost some doosies like 7-3, 6-2, 5-0, 4-0, etc. Also completely destroyed morale and we never seemed to be able to recover from it. It was pretty bad.)

Son of a...

Table when fired:

I don't see any of your punk asses on this list:

14 years. 7 promotions. 5 league titles. 2 lower league cup wins. One relegation. And I get fired. Complete horse-crap.

The stats:

They expected to avoid a relegation battle. Which was a little much. I felt it should have bee to fight against relegation. But probably my fault for trying to give too much youth a chance and not bringing in championship experienced players. But to be fair we didn't have the funds to really do so. And the few players I did try to bring in wouldn't join because we were only a two star rep club.

I have no idea what to do now. I honestly never expected to get fired. The rise was too fast. I should have slowed it down and not tried to go up each division so fast. I don't know if I should load up the save from the start of the season and try again, or just move on to another save. I'm kind of pissed about this. But there are also other saves I wouldn't mind doing. Going to have to think about it.
I'd say load it up dude, nothing wrong with that. If it happens again maybe it's meant to be and you do another save. But I've done that before with loading it to try again when I've gotten attached to the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #9326

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Old 03-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #9327
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Well, this year the Europa League did not go as well for me.

Barely squeaked through the first round. Scored 2 stoppage time goals to advance on away goals. But then got a really tough draw with Bilbao. The first leg at home was crazy, traded goals to a 5-4 victory.

I got the tactics all wrong in the 2nd leg. I thought I could go in there and dictate the play, but they came out with a very offensive 3-4-3 formation, and completely overwhelmed me. After about a half hour I flipped to our counter formation, but the damage was done.

So, still got some Europa League money, but not nearly as much as last year when I made the Group Stage.

Hopefully we can use it as an opportunity, with less fixture congestion, to make a Cup run, or finish in the top 4, to get into the group stage directly.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 03-25-2018, 12:40 AM   #9328
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

I feel like this year's version of FM has been the hardest for me.

Currently at year 10 and I'm still stuck on Vanarama National League South. Usually in the past, if I'm on year 10, I'm at like Championship or even PL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »