Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #4009

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Also coincidentally, my top striker is out for the game, as is their top defender. Also, Igor Angulo scored in the 37th minute(the technical replacement for my striker, though my left winger goes to striker, and he slots in at left wing.

Captain gets injured in the 57th minute, Angulo scores on the restart, 2-0!

All she wrote, managed Real Union from 20th in Second Division B2, to first.

Last edited by Suntan Superman; 12-11-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #4010
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
Who's down for a online save come the new year? I plan on getting the game when I get back to Florida.
I see that maximum number that can join an online league is 32, that many users will be fun and chaotic at the same time
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #4011

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Season 1 just for fun with Man U.

Won the league with 81 points (highest scoring team with 78 goals, best team defense with 28 conceded. +50 GD). I was 25-6-7 with 3 of those 7 losses coming after I locked up the league and played youngsters. City took 2nd with 70 points and +31 diff, Tottenham 3rd 70 points +22 GD, Arsenal 4th 69 points +24 GD, Everton 5th 62 points +11 GD.

Southampton, Sunderland and Westham were relegated. Chelsea finished 6th, Liverpool 7th each with 61 points. Rodgers got the sack.

Gareth Bale won FWA Footballer of the year, Antonio Valencia won PFA Player of the year. I was manager of the year. 4 of my players (Bale, Valencia, Evra, Vidic) were in the team of the year with De Gea being a substitute for that same team.

Got through a fairly easy group in the CL (Dortmund, Fenerbahce, Dinamo Kyiv.) Beat Bayern 4-1 aggregate in the first KO round. Knocked City out in the quarter final 6-1 on aggregate then defeated PSG 5-2 aggregate in the semi final.

Won the CL in a final with Dortmund winning 4-0, while scoring the last goal a man down. Dortmund got there by finishing 2nd in the same group as me. They beat Madrid 3-2 aggregate in the first KO round, Celtic 5-3 in the Quarter Finals, Chelsea 6-4 aggregate in the semis until losing to me.

Rooney was top scorer in the CL with 9 goals, Bale was 3rd in player rating with 8.12, and Valencia had 5 more assists than anyone at 12.

Fun first season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #4012

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Woop, new award came out.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #4013

Suntan Superman's Arena

So traditionally I play a defensive game, get a lot of clean sheets, and win 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, the like. Well in the first leg of the Second Division Playoff, it seemed as though Cartagena fully expected that, and I lost 2-1. I was hoping the one away goal would be enough, but then I got an idea, For the entire match, I played on Fluid, Overload. We won 6-0, 5-0 at HT, and won the aggregate 7-2. I always play defensive until the 85th minute(if we're down, or tied), and I never really thought an Overload strategy could produce a shutout. We completely dominated them though 63% possession. Tremendous game.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #4014

Suntan Superman's Arena

that awkward moment when the media predict you to finish 20th in LIGA adelante, and you start the year 3-0 against the predicted 1st, 5th and 6th place winners.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #4015
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
that awkward moment when the media predict you to finish 20th in LIGA adelante, and you start the year 3-0 against the predicted 1st, 5th and 6th place winners.
Don't worry, you'll lose to teams that you shouldn't be losing to. It all evens out in the end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #4016

Suntan Superman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt
Don't worry, you'll lose to teams that you shouldn't be losing to. It all evens out in the end
to be fair, I should probably just be thankful for every win i get with this team, it's got a talented striker, and a talented goalkeeper, the rest of the bunch are Arsenal/Real Madrid/Barcelona/Athletic washouts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »