Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Wishlist within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Wishlist

Well I certainly hope that playoffs is finally in there. We have been waiting long enough for it. Hopefully they make it feel special where it's just not a tracer of your opponents shot during the hole but at this point I will take anything I can get.

What I hope they do this year is spruce up the career mode where at least they have some nice cut scenes when you win a tounament and have the accompanying commentary to reflect it. In any other sports game when you win a game they make it feel special by showing celebration cut scenes. That draws in the gamer into the game and to code in those cut scenes is not alot of work. A game like the Show has a gazilllion cut scenes. If TW had 10% of what the Show has I would be much happier. And greatly expanding the commentary is a must.

If you win the tourney, show your golfer and the crowd celebrating, have the announcers say he just won so and so tournament, then show the trophy or jacket presentation. If you lose a tourney in extra holes or on the last hole by missing a putt, show your golfer's dejection, code in different reactions of your golfer when you hit a good or bad shot or miss an easy putt at important times. If you shank a drive onto the water on the 16th hole in the 4th round at the Master while you're near the top of the leaderboard, show the reaction of your golfer for making a massive mistake. Make it feel alive and spruce it up so it doesn't feel like you're playing against a spreadsheet.

And EA is hinting at this being the game for hardcore golfers this year, then it should be safe to assume they have at least included a sensitivity slider for the shot stick. I loved the new swing but hated the ease of hitting it perfectly straight. I mostly played with the Move this year(which was fantastic so only incremental improvements are needed there) but I know alot of gamers hated the 100% FIR they kept getting.

With a slider it enhances online tourneys because they can have sim tourneys with maximum shot stick sensitivity only. Bringing back the clubhead sweet spot won't enhance it the same way.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 11-29-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #106
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Deep commentary can make a huge difference. NBA 2K is a great example of engrossing commentary. At times it can be repetitive but there's so much information about players, teams and the history of the game. The way the announcers play off each other as the game progresses is done nicely. TW is in desperate need of engaging and meaningful commentary.

That alone would go miles for creating a deeper more relevant career mode.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #107
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2

I would also like 11s rough back. 12 and 13 had little penalty for being in the second cut. Missing the fairway should mean more than fiddling with the right stick. I do not like that you hit your clubs the same distance in 13.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8iron
I would also like 11s rough back. 12 and 13 had little penalty for being in the second cut. Missing the fairway should mean more than fiddling with the right stick. I do not like that you hit your clubs the same distance in 13.
Good point. The rough offered no disadvantage except for a small yardage penalty, especially with the Move because you could preset the cursor to the middle of the ball so you didn't have to hold it in place as you swung with the wand so it was even easier to do than with a joystick. The only time I was concerned about missing fairways was because of the angles I was left with but many times the angle was actually better to the flag so I was happy to miss the fairway alot of the time.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #109
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Also what is up with not having Congressional in? Tiger hosts his AT&T tourny every year, except 2010 and 2011 when they were preparing for hosting the US open.
I have always wondered the same. The course is not only associated with Tiger's tournament, it's also a damn good golf course. I've always wanted it in the Tiger series, and hopefully this is the year we get it. I'm excited to see what EA has done with career mode to make it feel like something special, and I'm always excited to see which new golf courses will be added in. I'm a golf course guy, and that's usually my favorite part to hear about.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 11

Congressional has not been in the game because they have no interest in being in the game, association with Tiger notwithstanding. EA can't pick and choose which courses they want in the game, they have to ask the course for permission to be in the game, then negotiate a license with each course. After that they will send a team in to laser-scan and laser-map the course, then send that data and the GPS data for terrain mapping to the TW Art team for development of the course in the game. A very expensive process from start to finish.....
Old 12-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #111
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Still, you would think the two sides could work out a deal if they really wanted to. That's a fair enough point though, and I can imagine it being a very lengthy and expensive process.

Any hints on whether or not a very historic course in PA (just so happens to be the host of the 2013 U.S. Open) will be in? ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #112
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
Still, you would think the two sides could work out a deal if they really wanted to. That's a fair enough point though, and I can imagine it being a very lengthy and expensive process.

Any hints on whether or not a very historic course in PA (just so happens to be the host of the 2013 U.S. Open) will be in? ;-)
If one side is not at all interested, then there is nothing to work out.

Which course in PA, Merion?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »