Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Wishlist within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #25
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Wishlist

More stats. Completely baffled at the lack of stats in the game.

Why isn't there a longest drive for each par4/5 and why no closest to the hole on Par 3's.
Every other golf game has those and I'm not sure why this is missing.

Played a tournament yesterday in my Country Club and it would be nice to know how many birdies, pars was for the given hole that I'm playing. Hot shots online has this.

Where are the course stats so I can see if I'm improving on each course. Would be nice to know my longest putt on a course and not for my career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon
More stats. Completely baffled at the lack of stats in the game.

Why isn't there a longest drive for each par4/5 and why no closest to the hole on Par 3's.
Every other golf game has those and I'm not sure why this is missing.

Played a tournament yesterday in my Country Club and it would be nice to know how many birdies, pars was for the given hole that I'm playing. Hot shots online has this.

Where are the course stats so I can see if I'm improving on each course. Would be nice to know my longest putt on a course and not for my career.
Sorry, but that (BOLDED) is simply not true. They had this the past few years with GamerNet, but GamerNet is now gone.

I don't disagree with anything else you posted. To see your course stats, have you checked your PGA TOUR Stats or the Course Mastery for each course?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #27
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5
I didn't know gamer net kept all of your personal stats like that. I thought you could save different shots and then challenge others. I want just my stats for every course I play. In hot shots it shows me my longest drive on every hole and if I'm within 20ft on a par 3. I didn't play last years version long enough to remember much about gamer net so sorry if I'm wrong.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

more shop items, longer career? more tournaments. but really, I haven't TW since like '10, i had '11 and rented 12, but never got into them. This game is a good improvement i'd say.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #29
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

-More stats, more stats, more stats,

-Better Presentation with more commentary and overlays.

-More real golfers if possible.

-Bring back the Ryder Cup

-Allow more members in a country club. 50 would be nice but I would take whatever.

-Allow the ability to set a up a season in the country club where everyone has a weekly course they have to play and have rankings like the PGA tour does. Also have rankings for scores and earnings. An online season mode in country club would be awesome.

-a few more courses without losing any courses.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #30
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

How about some real divots? What is with the divots in the Tiger series. I love the divots in Links 2004.

What about pairings? Let me play my rounds with 2-3 golfers that I am paired up with like they do for real. Give me the option to skip their shots if I want to or not. I feel so lonely out there sometimes....

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 05-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #31
Rookie

ctulb's Arena

OVR: 0

1. I know this has already been mentioned but could you imagine if EA released Madden without overtime, or FIFA without extra time and penalties? Playoffs must be in future games - if it's a licensing issue, just draw lines on the screen for the other players as in simultaneous multiplayer.
  2. much more of the course needs to be in play. So many of the spots that are considered out of bounds in the game wouldn't be anywhere near out of bounds on a real course - for example a drive onto the neighbouring fairway.
  3. a proper dropping system. Some of the drops you get after going into the water are drops no-one would take out on the course, crazy above or below feet lies. Drops from unplayables etc. could follow on from point 2 above. The rehit/drop decision should be a decision made by the player not the game.
  4. an end to brick wall trees. Hitting a leaf with a driver should not drop the ball straight down irrespective of the speed of the ball.
  5. option to move the ball anywhere in the tee box before teeing off. Smart ball positioning on the tee is such a fundamental and yet EA continue to omit it.
  6. figure out a way to fix the animations so that the spot the next shot is played from is exactly where the ball came to rest. Some of the ball warping (particularly out of bunkers) this year is unreal.
  7. there should be an easily accessible indicator of how wet the ground is. It shouldn't be a guessing game as to when the ground is considered dry again post-rain shower.
  8. reinstitute game modes that cater to multiple players on the same console. It seems that multiplayer career on the same console will never be implemented, but why take the Ryder/President's Cup out? If EA don't want to license it, allow generic team tournaments to be created by the player - don't just remove the game mode. How about a multiplayer multi-round single tournament (or single season) option?

Last edited by ctulb; 05-12-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubuque
Course builder much like NCAA footballs team builder but a golf version

this. if TW14 came out with a course builder it would be a day one purchase for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »