Home

Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #33
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Tiger Woods Shares Cover with Arnold Palmer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
If Golf was such an easy sport to program for, why are there not more Golf games being developed?
It could also be because outside of Tiger, golf lacks the appeal to really sell well among people that buy video games. Most people that like golf have the means to go out and play it themselves and would rather do that than spend the money on a video game. Not saying that's the only reason, but it certainly is a factor that you gloss over with your assertion.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #34
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
If you had any idea how many users have asked to have the Legends back in the game (last time in 05/06) then you would maybe understand why they brought them back.....there is more to the Legends than just Arnie and the other Golfers.....
I.... was.... making.... a......joke.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
It could also be because outside of Tiger, golf lacks the appeal to really sell well among people that buy video games. Most people that like golf have the means to go out and play it themselves and would rather do that than spend the money on a video game. Not saying that's the only reason, but it certainly is a factor that you gloss over with your assertion.
No question Golf video games are a niche' product. I certainly don't think I "glossed over" anything considering the post I was responding to......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I.... was.... making.... a......joke.

Pretty hard to determine that when taking your post at face value......
Old 11-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #37
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Pretty hard to determine that when taking your post at face value......
There's an 80+ yo market share for vid games? C'mon now.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
There's an 80+ yo market share for vid games? C'mon now.
Who said there was an 80+ year old market? I didn't. The Legends is for ALL Golf fans regardless of age. It is hard to have an interest in Golf without knowing something about or have an interest in the Legends......The last time the Legends were in the game, the game sold very well. There are quite a few features they have added that I can't talk about yet that make the Legends interesting to the hardcore offline and online user. EA also has a great deal of feedback from users of ALL ages asking for the Legends to return to the game.....you want to make something out of this that it isn't, go right ahead.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #39
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Who gives a rats what golfers are on the cover if it plays as bad and buggy as it did last year. They should put a refund for last years game on the cover.

Like all EA Sports titles they aim for the middle and end up with some homogenized junk that is attractive to everyone and pleasing to nobody. Great for marketing. **** for gameplay.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #40
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
This is funny. You claim that real golfers have the means to go out and play real golf, but wouldn't spend the money on a video game. Most people who have the means to play golf have some means left over for a video game or 3.

I am a real golfer, living in the Northeast where real golf isn't really pleasant until mid-April to early May most years, sure I'll squeeze in a round if it hits 50 in February but the real golf season is May-Sept. The new TW fills a void for me in March every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Who gives a rats what golfers are on the cover if it plays as bad and buggy as it did last year. They should put a refund for last years game on the cover.

Like all EA Sports titles they aim for the middle and end up with some homogenized junk that is attractive to everyone and pleasing to nobody. Great for marketing. **** for gameplay.
You clearly didn't play 13 and probably not an EA game for a while. TW13 was a terrific game that I poured hours into and still play regularly. Tournaments are still seeing plenty of activity. There were some bugs and some things left out or taken out that I wish were in, but the game was solid, a big step forward over 12 which was very good itself, and by far the best iteration of TW in the swing stick era. I also really like Madden, FIFA, NHL and while I haven't bought NCAA football in a while, I play 11 occasionally still as well. And Fight Night...and....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »