Home

Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods as the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods as the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:09 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods as the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game

I'm happy to have real courses to play on. Wish the golf club had some.

I'm going to pre order to get the free course....what's the risk really....If it stinks it's 50 bucks....not like it's a major purchase here...It's slightly more than a tank of gas....the way some people carry on you would think they charge 10 grand for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods as the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game

Agree with the majority here on most counts:

- Why not just "PGA Tour 15" with a rotating cover athlete for subsequent years?
- G&*&^%$!!! "Follow-Cam", still? Why???
- Still has that - I can't describe it - but dark pastel color palette that I hate (but apparently I'm the only one that is bothered by it)
- On first blush, it looks like 360/PS3 game with updated graphics

We'll see, but this series lost me a long time ago and it's gonna take more than nicer graphics to get me back. I remain skeptical.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #27
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

I must be in the minority here. I actually like the follow cam. After playing the golf club I wish they would use that more. I feel like I'm "guessing" were I'm going to end up rather than actually seeing it mid flight. I'm starting to wonder if those three gameplay styles will be "arcade" "sim" and "broadcast". One can only hope.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #28
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I was tired of the Follow Cam by Tiger Woods 2004 on the XBox and PS2! I just don't care for it as it destroys the immersion for me, but I have no problem with it being there for those who like it... I just want to see a reverse angle camera option, like Perfect Golf offers on the PC.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 18

As long as club throwing is in the game its a first day purchase for me.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:34 PM   #30
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

OMG...........a battleship? What has this game become?

EA Sports..........it's in the game.........or is it?
Old 03-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I must be in the minority here. I actually like the follow cam. After playing the golf club I wish they would use that more. I feel like I'm "guessing" were I'm going to end up rather than actually seeing it mid flight. I'm starting to wonder if those three gameplay styles will be "arcade" "sim" and "broadcast". One can only hope.
Snap to reverse landing cam 2/3 of the way through ballflight, or blimp tracking cam (like on TV). The former was in the old "PGA Tour" games on PC, the latter I've never seen but seems like it's high time for it to hit games.

Also, you really don't have that much guesswork in real golf where you're going to end up after you hit your shot, right? Fixed behind the golfer cam works fine in most cases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 12:04 AM   #32
All Star

OVR: 0

This or golf club that is the question?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »