Home

Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods as the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods as the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2015, 12:07 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods at the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
If I were Tiger, I would be stoked to get as far away from this series as possible. It's crazy to think anything golf and PGA related wouldn't have Tiger associated with it, but lets be honest....the game has been on par with NBA Live as major disappointments.

This trailer reminds me when the series first moved to the 360/PS3. I was so excited to get my hands on it, and when I did, its been down hill every since.

I wouldn't go that far has tiger woods 11 was great!
Old 03-17-2015, 02:15 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I was tired of the Follow Cam by Tiger Woods 2004 on the XBox and PS2! I just don't care for it as it destroys the immersion for me, but I have no problem with it being there for those who like it... I just want to see a reverse angle camera option, like Perfect Golf offers on the PC.
Preach to me brother! Hate follow cam with a passion, how hard can it be to have snap to landing zone cam? You hit the ball, camera stays behind the golfer for a few seconds then snaps to a camera from the target end tracking the incoming ball, it cannot be that hard!!
Old 03-17-2015, 02:40 AM   #35
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods as the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game

Not real excited about the game at all. If it ends up being a better sim game and doesn't have the arcade crap in it then maybe I'll give it a try. These days though it's really hard giving EA any $. I know I'll never pay full price for any.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
This or golf club that is the question?
The golf club is absolutely fantastic, was totally worth the 20 or 30 bucks I paid for it on it's release date. But, if you gotta have the pros and real life courses...then you gotta have EA. I personally enjoy just picking up the sticks in the summer and playing a quick 18 on the golf club whenever I feel like it, I don't get super into the be a pro mode in PGA like I do with NBA 2k and The Show.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #37
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
This game is gonna have to be pretty phenomenal to get me off The Golf Club. You just know that EA will pull their usual BS and charge extra for DLC courses, etc., which infuriates me to no end. $60 is enough for a yearly installment of any game, I refuse to pay an additional $20-30 for content that has been conveniently left out of the game, then made available immediately upon release.

Golf Club gives me limitless courses and an amazing online experience for $35, and they're still adding FREE updates to the game. I could care less about the PGA license honestly.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:25 PM   #38
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Rory McIlroy Replaces Tiger Woods as the Face of the New EA Sports Golf Game

When I look at the trailer and the screenshots I can't be the only one that says "please don't be cgi" haha.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #39
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
When I look at the trailer and the screenshots I can't be the only one that says "please don't be cgi" haha.
Why, whatever do you mean?

Old 03-17-2015, 06:21 PM   #40
Rookie

habslover10_GoYanks's Arena

OVR: 5

Very excited! Glad they designated all the fantasy stuff to a thing of its own and wont interfere with the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »