Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #65
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
ZERO content came over from the TW engine.....
An important distinction, and thanks for pointing that out.

I think in defense of Chariman and AQPro - and I don't want to put words in their mouths - but I think what they're responding to is that what we've seen in these videos doesn't look like anything we haven't seen (or couldn't be done) in prior EA golf games. Not saying that they pulled over old assets or parts of the old games, but technology aside, it honestly does look like the old Tiger games with better graphics. Not saying that's good or bad, but haven't seen anything - yet - that would suggest there's a brand new engine under the hood. And when it gets down to it, I don't really care if there is or isn't a new engine, all that matters is how does the game play in actual action?

At this point, I'll just wait until I hear what you all think after you get your hands on it for a good long while. Honeymoon period aside, I'll be interested to see how the new product is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #66
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details

Environment looks great, not much else does.

Player model is atrocious and moves really awkwardly, and my god those celebrations.

Good to see the golf clubs still look huge too lol

Old 07-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Exactly why the game took 2-3 year hiatus.. They were re writing the source code from scratch COMPLETELY in FB3, NONE of the old TW stuff "made the cut"... lol (it's great how many puns are useful when discussing golf)
I don't know man... If you watch TW14 here, you'll see a *very* similar overall vibe and feel. If they didn't port over assets, then they really tried hard to make it just like the last version (with notably improved graphics)

Just jump to 2:30 here and watch.

https://youtu.be/g_woXgWTAKg
Old 07-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #68
Rookie

Br_Mac16's Arena

OVR: 0

Interesting, some of the things I saw; no load time between holes, faster swing animation, more realistic ball flight, better ball physics upon landing, ball marks on green, divots taken from fairway. That's just to name a few.
I saw a myriad of improvements in this short video clip and for those that are turned off by celebrations, they are no different than what we saw in earlier TW games. There's no reason to believe they cannot be turned off.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #69
MVP

Oh yeah! Agreed, all that is great. Definitely looking forward to playing this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br_Mac16
Interesting, some of the things I saw; no load time between holes, faster swing animation, more realistic ball flight, better ball physics upon landing, ball marks on green, divots taken from fairway. That's just to name a few.
I saw a myriad of improvements in this short video clip and for those that are turned off by celebrations, they are no different than what we saw in earlier TW games. There's no reason to believe they cannot be turned off.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
I don't know man... If you watch TW14 here, you'll see a *very* similar overall vibe and feel. If they didn't port over assets, then they really tried hard to make it just like the last version (with notably improved graphics)

Just jump to 2:30 here and watch.

https://youtu.be/g_woXgWTAKg
You know, a similar argument was made for the PS4 version of The Show. People complained they took too much of the PS3 stuff over, and that things LOOKED a lot like the PS3 version did etc.... It's Baseball!!, How much different is it supposed to look??? Same thing here, It's Golf!!!!, How much different do you want it to look?? (Not attacking YOU personally there, just in general) (Just to say, I didn't watch your video, I just said this going solely off your post.)
Old 07-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #71
MVP

YES!!! Great point, and I thought about that, too. In looking up old TW Videos, I did the same for The Show and it's the exact same thing! Same animations, motion caps, whatever. In old PS2 graphics, but the same moves.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know all the terms and labels. Whether it's assets, resources, mo-caps, scripts, etc (shrug), I don't know.

But it you play The Golf Club, you'll see it's... different from other golf games - in it's presentation, camera angles, views, transitions, etc. If you play Golden Tee Golf, you'll see it's different. Same with Hot Shots.

If you look at TW Golf from 2009 on, you'll see an incredible sameness from year to year. Right up until this year. Some might call that consistency. :-)

It's not an insult, by any means, Lord knows I spend my $60 bucks every year on it (except last year, of course). But I don't buy that they rewrote this year's version from scratch. It's way too similar.

Oh - and go look at the vid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
You know, a similar argument was made for the PS4 version of The Show. People complained they took too much of the PS3 stuff over, and that things LOOKED a lot like the PS3 version did etc.... It's Baseball!!, How much different is it supposed to look??? Same thing here, It's Golf!!!!, How much different do you want it to look?? (Not attacking YOU personally there, just in general) (Just to say, I didn't watch your video, I just said this going solely off your post.)

Last edited by Chairman7w; 07-01-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 03:53 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
But I don't buy that they rewrote this year's version from scratch. It's way too similar.

Oh - and go look at the vid!
Again, there's more than enough instances they've shown that does prove the difference in coding between TW and FB. (Better graphics, caddies being shown, divots being mades, etc.) But that's my point. TW COULDN"T have done that with it's limited power and resources for what it was designed for... and as for FB looking like TW.... again IT'S GOLF! It's gonna look like GOLF. IDK how else to put it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »