Home

Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion

This is a discussion on Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2022, 02:48 PM   #657

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion

Nothing says "**** those guys, they are ruining the sport," like changing what you are doing to emulate them lol.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:09 PM   #658

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Nothing says "**** those guys, they are ruining the sport," like changing what you are doing to emulate them lol.

Assuming you’re talking about both of todays announcement and not just the first part, the team thing that was announced today by Tiger and Rory has been in the works for years. Well before even his accident and before LIV was a glimmer in anyones eyes.
Old 08-24-2022, 07:21 PM   #659

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Assuming you’re talking about both of todays announcement and not just the first part, the team thing that was announced today by Tiger and Rory has been in the works for years. Well before even his accident and before LIV was a glimmer in anyones eyes.
Mostly talking about the guaranteed money and incentives. This PGA team event looks more like some kind of interactive video game competition.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:24 PM   #660
All Star

OVR: 13

No one on the tour will ever admit it, but today's announcements of guaranteed money and the presence of the all of the 'top' stars at more tournaments is an indirect acknowledgement that some of the LIV crowd's criticisms of the PGA Tour were correct. The only reason any of this is happening now is because of the LIV threat. Anyone that benefits from the additional guaranteed income or higher purses for tournaments, or even the fans that get to enjoy more tournaments in which many of the top players are playing all owe a little gratitude for the competition. It's not an accident that these seismic changes - all in favor of players - are happening now.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:29 PM   #661

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Mostly talking about the guaranteed money and incentives.
Yea that is driven 100% by LIV and it's a shame because they could have done this along time ago. There was just never a reason for those with a voice to speak out for the "little guy."

The 5k stipend for missing a cut is huge because for young guys that means that they don't literally go to an event and lose money for doing so.

Quote:
This PGA team event looks more like some kind of interactive video game competition.
I admire the creativity but I want to see a lot more before I will know if that something that MIGHT get my interest. I like watching golf for everything golf. Not sure I will enjoy watching even the best just hit into a simulator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2022, 09:41 PM   #662
All Star

OVR: 13

Total agreement with kehlis. It's also exhibit #9-million of why/how market-based competition is generally a good thing. Lacking the LIV golf threat, there would be absolutely no change whatsoever in how the PGA Tour did business. There was no reason they couldn't have done any of these things 30 years ago, but now that they have some competition, they are suddenly more player/fan friendly. Whatever your opinion of LIV and/or the players that defected, they have already had more impact on the PGA Tour and how it does business than anyone in the history of the sport short of Tiger & Jack.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:00 PM   #663
MVP

OVR: 0

Love or hate LIV, one has to at least be happy about the fire it’s lighting under the PGA Tour

Whether it is too late or this will matter is another issue
Old 08-26-2022, 06:49 PM   #664

kehlis's Arena

I really do like the format for the playoffs with the aggregate lead going into the Championship for the leader.

But, and I know it's a double edged sword, I HATE how low the scores look going into the weekend. I would rather they started with the leader at even and those behind him start above par rather than the other way around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »