Home

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR announcement

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR announcement within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR announcement

Maybe we wait for more information in the coming weeks before we judge the PGA TOUR license and career mode....

It took EA YEARS to get a decent career mode (TW14) with enough courses that made it seem worthwhile (yet not 32 TOUR venues).

Maybe we keep in mind this is HBS' first foray into major licensing and see how it goes?

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #50

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Maybe we wait for more information in the coming weeks before we judge the PGA TOUR license and career mode....

It took EA YEARS to get a decent career mode (TW14) with enough courses that made it seem worthwhile (yet not 32 TOUR venues).

Maybe we keep in mind this is HBS' first foray into major licensing and see how it goes?
This isn't the Madden forum man. You know every poster well enough to know that no one here is going to condemn the game because of this.

I know I will be buying one way or the other, just posting my thoughts on which is all I can do until we have more information, no?
Old 05-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This isn't the Madden forum man. You know every poster well enough to know that no one here is going to condemn the game because of this.

I know I will be buying one way or the other, just posting my thoughts on which is all I can do until we have more information, no?
I don't know anything about the Madden forum.

Is there anything wrong with tempering expectations until we know more?

We certainly do not know everything there is to know about the game and the Career mode, do we? There is very little information out there at this time.

But hey, I'll butt out and stop being a voice of reason if that is your preference.

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 12:57 PM   #52

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
But hey, I'll butt out and stop being a voice of reason if that is your preference.
lol. I don't need you to leave the conversation.

You're certainly not the voice of reason (for me at least). I understand how to temper expectations and will continue to do so.

If you don't want to read any discussion of this game about the few things we do know right now and instead would wish for us to hold off on talking about ANYTHING until the game is released you may not want to read the forum for a bit.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
lol. I don't need you to leave the conversation.

You're certainly not the voice of reason (for me at least). I understand how to temper expectations and will continue to do so.

If you don't want to read any discussion of this game about the few things we do know right now and instead would wish for us to hold off on talking about ANYTHING until the game is released you may not want to read the forum for a bit.
No need in making this personal.

I see comments that folks are buying or aren’t buying based on speculation as if we know everything there is to know about certain features and much of the game itself.

I did not ask for folks not to discuss the game. However, if trying to get folks not to judge the game at this point and wait for more concrete information, then maybe you don’t need me around. Hint taken.

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-27-2018, 04:23 PM   #54

kehlis's Arena

Quote:

I see comments that folks are buying or aren’t buying based on speculation as if we know everything there is to know about certain features and much of the game itself.

I did not ask for folks not to discuss the game. However, if trying to get folks not to judge the game at this point and wait for more concrete information, then maybe you don’t need me around. Hint taken.

Where has anyone said they aren’t buying?

Just curious because I haven’t yet seen anyone say that (speaking strictly to OS).
Old 05-27-2018, 10:52 PM   #55
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

No one ever said they aren’t buying. I said my excitement about them obtaining the license for 2019 Edition went out the door.

I can say that because it was confirmed. Not having actual golfer names and not being able to CHOOSE your fill in courses just flat out stinks.

However, you better believe I will support this game regardless because of the success they have achieved and for continued support in a golf game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 11:44 PM   #56
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Forgive my ignorance as I haven't jumped into any new golf games as of yet, but have been monitoring discussion from a distance; will this be cross-platform compatible, e.g., PS4 players can play against PC players, etc?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »