Home

Beat the Heat With These Courses in TGC 2019

This is a discussion on Beat the Heat With These Courses in TGC 2019 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Beat the Heat With These Courses in TGC 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
I dunno.
What you are describing has nothing to do with gameplay. Only fluff, window dressing really.
I know you want to play with real golfers and the like, but a golf game doesn’t need to have that to be a great game.
Well...
Call it whatever you like, but it does matter to many people and adds a ton to the overall experience.

As for the “other poster about the courses feeling the same” - that was also me actually.

Thank you for acknowledging there’s some truth to that, at least subjectively.

Truly I appreciate it. Too often fans of a given game will not cede any points and just insist all is amazing with their product of choice - which we all know is never the objective truth.

Final point. I don’t actually love the TGC gameplay at all. It’s way more than “window dressing” that keeps me playing PG instead of TGC. I really dislike the swing decisions they made in this latest version.

Last edited by scagwi; 08-10-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #42
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Well...
Call it whatever you like, but it does matter to many people and adds a ton to the overall experience.

As for the “other poster about the courses feeling the same” - that was also me actually.

Thank you for acknowledging there’s some truth to that, at least subjectively.

Truly I appreciate it. Too often fans of a given game will not cede any points and just insist all is amazing with their product of choice - which we all know is never the objective truth.

Final point. I don’t actually love the TGC gameplay at all. It’s way more than “window dressing” that keeps me playing PG instead of TGC. I really dislike the swing decisions they made in this latest version.

Oh I didn’t realize that the “other poster “ was you as well! Lol
No worries. Like I said, lots of those links courses do feel the same.
But you never did acknowledge my last part, which I think I tried to address your concerns about the swing mechanics. But I just play the game , I don’t make the game so I can see why you left that out. Lol
I have never tried PG so I can’t even compare the two. I only play on PS4. My son has a pc though that he games off of. How much is PG right now?
I would gladly give it a spin.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
Oh I didn’t realize that the “other poster “ was you as well! Lol

No clue on PG price, sorry.
I bought it like 4-5 years ago for $20
Old 08-31-2019, 06:14 PM   #44
Rookie

I'm curious to learn how TGC 2019 is viewed by 'serious' RL players, ones playing to handicaps, from + to -10 or so, versus casual RL players, or people that don't play much RL golf at all. Me and my partner are in the cohort of long time low handicap players continue to be amazed w/ just how well the sim plays, in particular with respect to shot outcomes right on thru the bag. We never get the sense it's too easy, not ever. Swing timing is sensitive to choking at critical times as can be the case in RL golf. The luck aspect of RLG, relative to the skill employed at shot setup and execution, is right where it needs to be in TGC 2019. One can make a great swing, even set the shot up quite well, and yet have a bad bounce that turns what might have been a 5' putt into a 45' putt, as happens in the real world. We have recently had a slew of really close matches after a period where the partner lost his swing (cadence, i.e.) enough to not be able to compete. We are in the cohort that could take or leave a new release as we feel like we have everything required to simulate a golf match that very much parallels RL play at Tour level.

I agree w/ others' opinions on the future of golf sims/games. It's clearly a small niche, especially to dedicate to the 'serious' RL player. OTOH, if you commit to this audience versus trying to appeal to a large audience, there is very little development cost to improve the game compared to something like a TW2014. I hope HBS does this w/ TGC series. They can refine the swing mechanism and lose those attributes of it that don't fit well w/ RLG physics that has already been discussed here, continue to improve the course developer w/ new objects and attributes, and add features that improve realism visually. I'd love to see more weather options w/ a time of day that actually does involve the sun moving in the sky as it does in the real world, so that when you start at dawn the sun rises and lighting changes accordingly. Improve the animations as able, improve the gallery and give the option of having the gallery present in H2H matches as well as career mode. Allow the player to change position on the tee box. These types of changes are low budget. They can continue to sell copies and develop a reputation as the go-to golf sim for RL players, ongoing. No need to crank out a whole new show--it probably won't happen for all of the reasons stated. EA had all the bells and whistles of the robust PGA connection, and look what happened to them. Rory had ample 'entertainment' features such as the commentary and great animations of tour stars, and look what happened to that.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #45
MVP

I’m hopeful the next version will have ******* or at least optionally *******, even if it’s just for playing ********

Fingers crossed
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »