Home

More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6

This is a discussion on More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2020, 05:26 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Sounds like gameplay might be ratcheted up, in terms of difficulty. VctryLnSprts said that he shot 104 at TPC Sawgrass last night in PGA 2K21 on the PC...

https://tgctours.proboards.com/post/563840/thread
That's a fairly bad score on a typical Sawgrass round, which is interesting for sure..

I'd like to see how the high score was actually achieved before getting too excited one way or the other.

I hope they have focused in on making scoring difficult in ways that are real world realistic and make sense to real world golfers and expectations of the sport and situational challenges of shot making, etc.

(not just made a mode with a silly level hyper sensitive swing path and power gauge or something, for example)
Old 08-05-2020, 05:31 PM   #34
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

I guess I will be watching Respawn's gameplay video. Anyone else to look out for?
Old 08-05-2020, 06:06 PM   #35
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
I guess I will be watching Respawn's gameplay video. Anyone else to look out for?
Might want to check out VctryLnSprts and see if he's going to publish the video of his 104 at Sawgrass! I hope he was playing "Legendary" difficulty when he did that!? Early-1981 might be a good one to watch, as well as Seamount4Life. I'm starting the day with Respawn on my Entertanment Center's 55" 4K UHD, and Crazycanuck-1985 running on my 32" 1080p LED, which is what I usually use to watch TV while I'm gaming. I can hook my laptop up to it. My wife will probably run me out there by 10:30 AM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2020, 06:08 PM   #36
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
TheApexHound will likely be spending a fair amount on gameplay and career mode. He doesn't do much in the way of course creation or anything like that on his channel. So if you want solo play perspective, he's probably your guy.

The other two I'm going to check out are CrazyCanuck1985 and VctryLnSprts, as they have both indicated they are checking out essentially all areas of the game, and using all difficulty modes, settings, etc.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:44 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
That's a fairly bad score on a typical Sawgrass round, which is interesting for sure..

I'd like to see how the high score was actually achieved before getting too excited one way or the other.

I hope they have focused in on making scoring difficult in ways that are real world realistic and make sense to real world golfers and expectations of the sport and situational challenges of shot making, etc.

(not just made a mode with a silly level hyper sensitive swing path and power gauge or something, for example)
To be honest, I wouldn't mind the Legendary mode to be like that. There are always a bunch whining all the time the game is too easy. It would be a bit similar to TW14 and the diagonal swing for all shots that almost nobody wanted to play.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #38
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Early and Victory. Had enough of the Apex Hound.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #39
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Just saw the course creation trailer and um...yikes. Crossing fingers there will be actual “sim” gameplay tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:41 PM   #40
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

A new Q&A with the PGA Tour 2K Reddit sub and HB Studios was just posted this evening. They answer quite a few questions they've been dodging in this one, some good news, some bad news. The one that broke my heart though was this one:

/PGA_Tour_2K When the next-gen PlayStation and Xbox are released, will the game be updated for these next-gen consoles? If so, how will players be able to get these updates?

HB Studios: There will not be a bespoke version of the game for the new platforms but PGA TOUR 2K21 will support backward compatibility.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PGA_Tour_2K...wup_interview/

"Will support backward compatibility" sounds like just plain jane, stock compatibility, no video or performance enhancement. I had hopes that my more than twice as powerful, 12 teraflops XBox Series X would run the game at twice as fast a frame rate as my 6 teraflops XBox One X? It just seems a shame to be hamstrung to 30 FPS on a console that powerful, when the XBox One X handles 30 FPS reasonably easy at 6 teraflops.?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »