Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 August 6 Streaming Content Thread

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 August 6 Streaming Content Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 August 6 Streaming Content Thread

"Trick out your own course with the Course Designer"

"You’ve already seen the 15 officially licensed PGA courses that were announced for PGA TOUR 2K21. But maybe you’ve got the course of your dreams (or an opponent’s nightmares) bouncing around in your head. If you can dream it, you can build it with the PGA TOUR 2K21 Course Designer!

Pick and choose from thousands of custom options as you build the wildest, wackiest, most punishing course that anyone will ever see in their lifetimes.

Clubhouses? Check. Cacti? Sure. Squirrels and skyscrapers? If you say so! It’s all there for the building, and you’re the master builder. Once your madcap masterpiece is complete, you can share it with players around the world, and across all platforms. Because it’s their problem now.

Anyone else remember the "scandal" of the battleship thing in the Rory marketing.
lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2020, 06:11 PM   #42
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Wow -- I just am speechless at that exchange you had.

What an immense disappointment.

"You still have to hit the shot" -- I don't know Craig -- what about an "auto-hit" function as well? We wouldn't want to be too inaccessible here... /s

Auto-aim, auto-hit, putt-preview, hole in one or two per round...
Hell -- a couple more tweaks and we can just skip 2k21 and watch golf on TV! :-)
I know, it sounds out of touch to me and I'll never agree with them on it. That's the worst news I've heard about the game today, just ahead of the fact that it "sounds" like 2K21 is only going to get "stock" backward compatibility on the PS5 and XBox Series X. They'll run them but *apparently* no better than an XBox One X, or PS4 Pro.... I was soooooo hoping for 60 FPS on the XBox Series X!

Other than that, I'm mostly pleased beyond expectations with what I've learned today. They've put way more thought and configurability into the game than I would have ever imagined.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Just got confirmation from Seamount4Life that you cannot swap out the preloaded courses in career mode for user-created ones. So you're stuck with the ones they put in, and can't use Firethorn National for the year's first major.
Wow. That's actually the biggest downer for me among all the news that's come out today. I could live with the crappy news about online public matchmaking, since I don't envision playing online much anyway, but not being able to create your own PGA season with all the real/appropriate courses is a massive disappointment.

It's no different than if an NFL game didn't get the license to Lambeau Field, so your week 8 game @ Green Bay took place at Kezar Stadium. Except to make matters worse, the game offered a "create-a-stadium" tool and someone made a pixel-perfect recreation of Lambeau Field, but you just couldn't sub that in for your week 8 game location because the game wouldn't let you. Disappointing, to say the least.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I know, it sounds out of touch to me and I'll never agree with them on it. That's the worst news I've heard about the game today, just ahead of the fact that it "sounds" like 2K21 is only going to get "stock" backward compatibility on the PS5 and XBox Series X. They'll run them but *apparently* no better than an XBox One X, or PS4 Pro.... I was soooooo hoping for 60 FPS on the XBox Series X!

Other than that, I'm mostly pleased beyond expectations with what I've learned today. They've put way more thought and configurability into the game than I would have ever imagined.
I'm still wondering about that EA next gen golf game next year that the tech/games reporter commented about earlier this Summer -- for next gen consoles also.

This 2k21 effort clearly seems targeted at using and building on the PS4/XB1 era work HB had done that past 5-ish years.

Just the fact they are so out front about 2k21 relying on "backwards compatibility" is pretty disappointing -- particularly on the eve of new consoles launching, which of course doesn't happen very often.

I mean - how can that be the plan for the next couple years?

New consoles come out and literally ALL the excitement is for new titles that take advantage of what the latest tech is capable of.

Last edited by scagwi; 08-06-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #45
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Also just heard that these streamers only have today to play their copy of the game, and then it goes away. So this is it...there won't be more live streams I guess until release in two weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2020, 06:16 PM   #46
All Star

Quote:
Also just heard that these streamers only have today to play their copy of the game, and then it goes away. So this is it...there won't be more live streams I guess until release in two weeks.
Well, you wouldn't want them fielding questions from people about things that actually matter to them....
Old 08-06-2020, 06:17 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
What is wrong with these guys?

Do they want people to see it and be excited about it or not?

It's such a bad look to be restricting things this much, this close to release.

Call me cynical, but it really feels like they are trying to pump the market for pre-order money and keep people in the dark just long enough to cash the checks...
Old 08-06-2020, 06:21 PM   #48
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
What is wrong with these guys?

Do they want people to see it and be excited about it or not?

It's such a bad look to be restricting things this much, this close to release.

Call me cynical, but it really feels like they are trying to pump the market for pre-order money and keep people in the dark just long enough to cash the checks...
Certainly has all the familiar signs of a pump-n-dump...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »