Home

It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year

This is a discussion on It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2022, 01:35 PM   #49
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Maybe 2K is running into the same problem EA had (in part)…

i.e. maybe they want to do a truly next gen game for next gen consoles, and those being in short supply made them also push off a year.
This could very-well be...I would assume that 2K is still going to make a last-gen version to go along with any next-gen game, since PC is a decent-sized part of their player base, too...and I believe the TGCT designer they hired as I mentioned in a previous post had said 2K sent him a PC to design his courses on...and I guess I figure that if a game is coming out for PC, it will probably be out for all consoles, including PS4 and Xbox One, too.

So I guess I would assume they are still going to cover all systems out there now, like they have in the past. But since 2K/HB are silent, no one knows anything for sure. All we can do is speculate until someone from their side throws us a bone!

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-11-2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:20 PM   #50
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Well my guess is 2k got nothing new hence the delay in releasing a game. Can't see what Tiger has to do with it never understood why they even bothered in the first place. Tiger on the cover? Big deal. MoCap Tiger big yawn.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:53 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Well my guess is 2k got nothing new hence the delay in releasing a game. Can't see what Tiger has to do with it never understood why they even bothered in the first place. Tiger on the cover? Big deal. MoCap Tiger big yawn.

Shoot I just hope he’s playable

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2022, 12:00 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Until proven otherwise, I totally agree with you.

The pandemic and massive stay at home, suddenly interested in digital golf and all that thing just fell in their lap. IIRC, 2k mentioned how surprised they were by the sales numbers.

I could very much understand if 2K are hesitant and being careful about how much to pump into investment at this point, for fear of what the actual returns on that investment might look like.

Last edited by scagwi; 05-12-2022 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:10 AM   #53
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Until proven otherwise, I totally agree with you.

The pandemic and massive stay at home, suddenly interested in digital golf and all that thing just fell in their lap. IIRC, 2k mentioned how surprised they were by the sales numbers.

I could very much understand if 2K are hesitant and being careful about how much to pump into investment at this point, for fear of what the actual returns on that investment might look like.
I can understand the hesitancy of releasing they game if we're talking about the lack of availability of next-gen consoles...but following the success of 2K21, they didn't seem to hold back in terms of financially investing in the series almost immediately, in preparation for future games in the series.

They signed Tiger Woods to that long-term exclusive deal about 6 months after 2K21 released. Then, as part of the same deal, 2K bought HB Studios and brought them in-house. Now, other factors might make them pause, like the pandemic and availability of next-gen consoles. But it seems golf's popularity is still high. And in the virtual golf world, with EA bringing back Augusta/the majors and 2K bringing back Tiger, things are also looking up quite a bit.

I mean, for me personally, I haven't been this excited about the release of golf games since Tiger Woods 12 came out with The Masters. We'll have one game with TW and a robust course creator, and the other with all four majors, the LPGA, and next-gen graphics. What an amazing time for us golf nerds!

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-13-2022 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:06 AM   #54
Pro

^^This^^ is very well stated.

We're gonna be in gaming golf heaven here in the next 12 months or so. I still think it makes sense that 2k is going to try to get ahead of EA with a release this year, next gen or otherwise. Why would they want to wait until after the release of the most anticipated golf sim in over a decade? Make the graphics a bit better, fix career mode bugs, ties, lack of playoffs, add some new courses, slap Tiger on the cover and be done with it. Just get it out there. I'm guessing we're all thinking that no matter what 2k does, the EA game is the one everyone's waiting for. I want both...I just want 2k asap. Or at least a drip of news about it.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:15 AM   #55
Pro

One more thought about ties and the lack of playoff rounds. I've probably played through 25 Career Mode seasons in the last 2 years. I'm always near or at the top of the FedEx cup standings when the playoffs begin (Pro settings), but for some reason, Eastlake always kicks my *** and I don't win the cup. I've only won it one time in 2 years.

Yesterday, I finally shot 4 under at Eastlake, including 2 long clutch birdie putts on 17 and 18, which TIED me with Patrick Cantlay for the "win". It doesn't get any more deflating and empty to end a season like that. No hoopla from the game, just X through to advance after the round and then finally a screen comes up saying I won the FedEx cup.

Gawd they have to fix that stuff...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2022, 11:52 AM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I can understand the hesitancy of releasing they game if we're talking about the lack of availability of next-gen consoles...but following the success of 2K21, they didn't seem to hold back in terms of financially investing in the series almost immediately, in preparation for future games in the series.

They signed Tiger Woods to that long-term exclusive deal about 6 months after 2K21 released. Then, as part of the same deal, 2K bought HB Studios and brought them in-house. Now, other factors might make them pause, like the pandemic and availability of next-gen consoles. But it seems golf's popularity is still high. And in the virtual golf world, with EA bringing back Augusta/the majors and 2K bringing back Tiger, things are also looking up quite a bit.

I mean, for me personally, I haven't been this excited about the release of golf games since Tiger Woods 12 came out with The Masters. We'll have one game with TW and a robust course creator, and the other with all four majors, the LPGA, and next-gen graphics. What an amazing time for us golf nerds!
I guess what I mean on hesitation from 2K is just the mere fact that the available market is very likely going to get fractured here by EA and the content they look to be bringing to the table.

2k could invest big, bring in a great new title, and still struggle to get the same sales numbers as 2k21 simply due to the market changing

I don’t think they have a product/series they don’t believe in…. But I can understand the concern about capturing the “PGA Tour” crowd when up against all the licensed content EA has secured

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »