Home

Andrew Dellapina's Story (NHL 09: Be A Pro)

This is a discussion on Andrew Dellapina's Story (NHL 09: Be A Pro) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #25
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Andrew Dellapina's Story (NHL 09: Be A Pro)

VERSUS
Hartford--2 Binghamton--1

I look around in the locker room, and everyone’s eyes are on me. I get up, and they get up. I’m confused. Are they embracing me as a leader? Do they enjoy me being pissed? As we leave the locker room, I’m wondering about this. Then I shake it out of my mind. I can’t worry about that. We just lost a game. I need to step up whether the team wants me to or not. They need me to.

I start the game off with lots of shots going straight into the goalie. It’s better than over the net, at least I have a small chance now. I get called for cross checking, and I spend some time in the box. I get a chance at the end of the period, but take a slapshot that goes nowhere.

The second period is more of the same, or at least it starts that way. It continues for the rest of the period. I don’t get it, are these goalies robots? It’s impossible to score on them, and it makes for some crappy games.

These guys are really dirty, and it pisses me off that every time I get a breakaway and they check me from behind, there’s no call. It’s bad reffing. It’s happened twice this period already, and the period has just started. I don’t know how it happens, but Barnes puts it in on a rebound or something, and we’ve got a one goal lead. Of course, the other team has to get a crappy goal on the next play. Bass, Boss, I don’t know which one it is, one of those idiots got it. I’ve been getting a bit physical at the end. Fahey takes a stupid penalty, shooting the puck over the glass, and we have to kill a penalty. I jump on and nearly score, but of course the goalie stops my deke and I have no real opportunity. Our defense has tons of holes in it, and it’s a surprise they haven’t scored 5 goals yet. The game ends without a lead, and we’re going into OT.

I shift to center, and I immediately go on the attack, almost scoring. At the end, though. Dupont and I are both in fron to f the net. And I get the puck on my stick. I see the open net, make the connection, and shoot. The light behind the net turns red, and the entire team screams “YESSSSSS” as loud as they can. I can’t believe it! I just ended my goal drought in the most clutch of ways. I have another great after-game reception, as everyone’s happy and we’re livin’ large yet again.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #26
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

VERSUS

Hartford--1 Philadelphia--0

Today we play the Phantoms. They’re the Flyers’ minor league team, and growing up a Rangers fan, I always hated the Flyers, so I have a grudge against this team. Hopefully that can be turned into some points for our team tonight.

I start off with some great chances dishing the puck off to my teammates, but the game starts rather slowly. On my second shift, I got a great chance, but this goalie is playing great and isn’t giving me anything. Pyatt gets a penalty for Cross Checking, and Coach takes me off for the PK. I jump on and effectively kill it off, even almost getting a goal. The period ends with our goalie playing one hell of a game, and the game is tied at 0.

I start off with some more great plays, moving the puck well. Grenier hooks one of our players early in the period, and I’m sent out for the PP. I’m hitting hard and making tons of passes. I’m playing a great game, and my coach is letting me know it. One of the players on the Phantoms gets laid out hard and he’s taken off the ice with an injury, but it doesn’t look too bad. I get called for Cross Checking, and I spend some time in the sin bin. I wasn’t really sure what I did wrong, but sure, the ref can call whatever he wants. I get the puck right as I jump out of the box, and almost score. The period ends without a goal.

I start off the period with some great defensive play. I’m still hitting hard and coach is happy about my shots. I come on the ice and hit the opponent with the puck as we transition off of an offsides and come back. There’s a D to D pass, and the right defenseman hits me with a pass. I come in and take a shot high right as I get laid out by the defender. I’m falling as I watch it sail past the goalie and the net ripples. I hit the ground and slowly slide to the boards, as my teammates skate over to congratulate me and help me up. Now our job is to keep the puck out of our net. I go on the defensive, making big hits and playing smarter defense than I ever have. With 15 seconds left, I get an opportunity for 3 shots right in front of the net, but miss every one. Coach isn’t happy about that, and he makes a point of it as I come back to the bench, but I’m the First Star and everyone’s cheering me on yet again. The guys buy me dinner, as a thanks for all of the goals I’ve been scoring. “Hey, try hitting the empty netters next time, eh chief?” Callahan jokes. He gives me a nudge and adds, “How long do you think it’ll be before you’re playing with me?” This really excites me, as Callahan has gotten quality playing time in the NHL with the Rangers and the prospect of playing with him is mind-blowing.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #27
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

Coach calls me up on the phone. “Hey, Andrew, can you come over to my office? I have something to tell you.” I tell Pyatt I’ll be right back, and drive down the street to the rink. I love living so close. I could walk if I wanted, but I want to hear what he has to say.

“Hey coach, what’s up?”

“Well, Andrew. You’ve done well on the second line. Really well. You’re leading our team in points, with the next highest player being your linemate. You have the most assists. The most goals. I’m not impressed with you being highest in PIMs, but its only 6. Our team’s pretty clean. You’re plus 8. 4 Game Winning Goals. 107 Shots. I’m really excited about what you can do. The whole organization is. That’s why I’m giving you a crack at the first line. Go out there and show me what you can do.”

My jaw dropped. “Oh my god…I can’t believe it. Thanks so much, coach! I won’t let you down!”

“You better not, hah. Now get on out of here!”

I bolted home to tell Pyatt.

“Well, now you’re not on my line anymore, but you’re one step closer to the NHL, and it seems like it’s a lot closer than you think. Great work.”

I was ecstatic.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #28
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

10 Game Recap

Stats:
Team Record: 8-2-0-0
Team Ranking: 3rd In Conference
Goals: 5
Assists: 7
Points Ranking On Team: 1
Plus/Minus: +8
Game Winning Goals: 4
Shots: 107
Successful Dekes: 14
Penalty Minutes: 6
Hits: 87

Objectives:
7/25 Assists—I’ve slowed down a bit since I started scoring, but I’m still not worried about this at all.
107/180 Shots—This is a given, barring any injuries or if the scorekeeper forgets to keep track of my shots the rest of the season.
5/28 Goals—I’m picking up on the goal output, so this shouldn’t be too difficult.
12/64 Points—It looks bad now, but if I keep up the point per game, I’ll be fine.

Synopsis: I’m playing great. Leading the team in points, I’m now on the first line. I’m doing well on my Season Expectations, and my stats look great. If I don’t get moved up, this team really has a great shot at the Calder Cup.

Last edited by NYwRiter94; 02-03-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #29
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

VERSUS
Hartford--1 Lowell--3

My parents told me they would be at this game. They’re right where they told me they’d be, right behind our bench. I nod to them and step onto the ice. I look around and see my linemates Anisimov, my center, and Ryan Callahan, my left winger, and a player I’ve been looking up to since I joined the team.

The Devils start off with some quick movement, and Wiikman struggles to make the first save. I start the hitting early, letting New Jersey know I’m ready to play. I’m playing a real physical game, making big hits and then getting the puck and moving it forward. I’m passing a lot, and they return the favor well. The period ends without a goal.

The second period is much the same way, but I’ve been having a bit of my aiming issues tonight. I’ve been making some great plays defensively, including a few bone-crushing hits. Malmivaara gets a penalty for Delay of Game, and we’re on the Power Play at the end of the second. As soon as we get the puck. The center draws it back, and we get a quick one two, giving the puck to Dupont on the right side, who puts it top right, giving the goalie no chance. As soon as the player gets out of the box, Murphy commits a penalty for slashing and the Power Play unit comes back out. I get out and find Pyatt on the breakaway, but he can’t get it past Doyle. Brookbank flips it over the ice again, and it’s a 5 on 3 for us. One penalty ends as I get on the ice. Coach seems to be giving me less ice time tonight, even though I’m on the top line. The period ends with the Devils still on a Penalty Kill.

We start off with lots of shots, but no goal. Somehow, one of the Devils players knocks the puck past our goalie while he’s pushing our players around, and the refs refuse to call a penalty when it’s needed, as the game is tied up. One of the players on the other team deflects the puck in, and I’m -2 and the game is in the Devils’ favor. I’m freaking out at this point, not willing to accept the fact that we’re going to lose another game. Another crappy goal given in by our horrible defense puts the game out of reach with less than two minutes left. I storm back into the locker room afterwards. “Are you guys kidding me? The defense sucks. It’s not a joke. I’m pissed off. This team can’t win a damn game when I’m not scoring 5 goals and an assist every game. I can’t do it all by myself, guys. You have to do something. Wiikman, seriously, you need to make a freaking save.” I’m tired of screaming at these guys. I’m not getting anything out of it. My parents don’t get much out of seeing me, as I’m not in a good mood.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

WOW!
Your writing is amazing, your story line is great, and this whole BAP is near perfect!

Just reading this really makes me want to do a bap(but it will be hard to keep a dynasty and a BAP)
But this is great and i will be following!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26
WOW!
Your writing is amazing, your story line is great, and this whole BAP is near perfect!

Just reading this really makes me want to do a bap(but it will be hard to keep a dynasty and a BAP)
But this is great and i will be following!
im doin it so its not to hard try to do storys till you load up on updates for both
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #32
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

alright, well i have my goalie BAP going, but i want to play five or so games before i start putting them on that way I could be ready to put em on regardless of weather or not i played lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »