Home

New York Islanders (NHL 09)

This is a discussion on New York Islanders (NHL 09) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
New York Islanders (NHL 09)

This is the story of a team re-building for the last 8-10 years. This will be more of a story dynasty, but will have stats, league leaders and conference updates as well. I will be playing on All-Star difficulty.

Scott Gordon Steps Down as Isles Coach!

Uniondale, NY - In a surprising move, after only one year with the team, head coach Scott Gordon as stepped down from his position. Gordon cited that he couldnt deal with the teams current management and the abundance of pressure in this head coaching position.

However the real story is who Scott Gordon was replaced by. Garth Snow is going out on a very thin limb by hiring a very unknown coach in Ken Plotzke.

"This just felt like the right move. This is a very young hckey team, and I felt like they needed a head coach who they can relate to." said Islanders GM Garth Snow.

"It was my dream to be in the NHL. I didnt have what it took to play in the league, but I know I have what it takes to be a coach in this league. I look to bring this team and organization back to where it should be, on top. My first action as head coach will be to name a team captain, as we currently dont have one on the team" - New head coach, Ken Plotzke

Last edited by kenp86; 05-21-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
MVP

Re: New York Islanders (NHL 09)

The new captain of your New York Islanders is...

In a surprising move, new head coach Ken Plotzke has just made his decision on who he has named team captain. "Its my pleasure to introduce to you your new team captain, Kyle Okposo. He is a young player who will be here for years to come. He is great on and off the ice and has shown the neccesary leadership skills it takes to be a team captain."

"Its a great honor to be named team captain of the New York Islanders. I never thought I would be a team captain, at least not this early on in my career. Coach told me he asked the team who they would choose and he said they nominated me. I just want to thank all my teammates for the vote of confidence. I will not let this team and coach Plotzke down." - Kyle Okposo on being named team captain of the Islanders.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

as a diehard rangers fan, it is to my dismay, utter shame, and eventual regret that i say this, but...

GO ISLES!!

I actually think that in the next few years, the Isles will submerge to become MUCH better than the rangers, devils, flyers, and possibly even the penguins. They've got such a great future in every position.

As long as Dipietro can stay healthy, they'll pretty much be ousting the rangers and devils on a regular basis for the many years to come.

good luck with this, and i lol'd at the peter griffin picture, as well as you naming okposo the cap'n.

does this mean you've got secret trade ideas for Weight, who i believe was the original captain?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
as a diehard rangers fan, it is to my dismay, utter shame, and eventual regret that i say this, but...

GO ISLES!!

I actually think that in the next few years, the Isles will submerge to become MUCH better than the rangers, devils, flyers, and possibly even the penguins. They've got such a great future in every position.

As long as Dipietro can stay healthy, they'll pretty much be ousting the rangers and devils on a regular basis for the many years to come.

good luck with this, and i lol'd at the peter griffin picture, as well as you naming okposo the cap'n.

does this mean you've got secret trade ideas for Weight, who i believe was the original captain?
Uh Oh, Dont let other Rangers fans hear you say this!!!
They have a good young team with some key pices in the minors.

And I was looking for a Islander pic on google and I seen this and just knew this was the pic for me!!!

And Per there website and wikipedia, they currently dont have a team captain. Surprising i know, i didnt belive it.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
And Per there website and wikipedia, they currently dont have a team captain. Surprising i know, i didnt belive it.
Well, the Rangers didn't have a team captain for quite a while. I believe that the year they signed shanny was the first time they had a team captain since Messier (goddamned Jagr, hate that guy!)

They opted to have 3 "A's" instead. That is my number one problem with the Islanders. They copy everything the Rangers do. I'm dead serious. It first started out with the Rangers' salute to the fans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Blueshirts were one of the first teams, if not THE first, to raise their sticks to salute the fans after a home victory. The isles copied that.

The worst part for me, though, is the Isles copied the Ranger's legendary goal song. We have the greatest goal song in the NHL. We don't use a real song, some rockstar Ranger fan made us our own. That's how awesome we are.

Until the copycat Isles stole it, replacing the "let's go rangers!" part with "Let's go isles!"

LAME!!! The Ranger's goal song is half the fun of going to their games. The crowd interactions are incredible, and now the Isles are stealing all of them.

Because, according to my chiropractor, who went to high school with Garth Snow, "Snow was as dumb as rocks...no, he's not even as smart as one rock. Saying that he was as smart as multiple rocks would be overestimating him."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

It might have been Bill Guerin, but then they didn't have one after they traded him.
Don't be dissin' on Doug Weight. He was an 100 point guy back in the day on the Blues.
Personally, I think Okposo is too young to be the captain.
Good luck, as long as DiPierto is healthy, you'll be fine.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
It might have been Bill Guerin, but then they didn't have one after they traded him.
Don't be dissin' on Doug Weight. He was an 100 point guy back in the day on the Blues.
Personally, I think Okposo is too young to be the captain.
Good luck, as long as DiPierto is healthy, you'll be fine.
look at Toews, he is only 21 i think
Old 05-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
look at Toews, he is only 21 i think
Isn't Okposo a rookie though? I don't think he has the talent of Toews either. But I dunno. I still think Weight (or Streit) is a better captain, with the experience and such.
I don't like the recent trend of young captains (Crosby, Lecavalier, Toews, ect.). In my opinion, a captain is what gets the team going, it's who takes care of problems like team chemistry.
Messier was the captain of the Edmonton dynasty, but Greztky was their best player. Messier was the guy who kick people into gear.
Sorry about the rant, just feel like starting something tonight...
Good luck with the Islanders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »