Home

Swedish Stars Rising: NHL 09 BAP

This is a discussion on Swedish Stars Rising: NHL 09 BAP within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Swedish Stars Rising: NHL 09 BAP

As promised, I said I would not do a sniper, so I'm doing a dangler. Well, here I go, hope you enjoy the opening. Everything in size 3 font is part of the story.

I walked up to the closed door of the Dean's office, and knocked.

"Enter." I heard him say.

I walked in and sat down.

"So... you called, said you wanted to talk about my application?" I said.

"Yes, Mattias Karlsson, right?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, Mattias, I'm sorry, but you've been declined."

"What? No, please, sir, I need a scholarship or I wont get into university, all the other universities declined my applications."

This was actually only the second university I'd applied at, I'm looking for a school with a hockey team. But the other did actually decline me.

"There's about ten or so other universities within the area you said you were looking at, and you're telling me, they all turned you down?"

"Yes." I answered, managing a straight face. Lying was hard.

"Ok, well, that's understandable I guess, looking at your report cards from high school. You don't qualify for a scholarship. If you want to attend this university, or any university, you'll have to pay registration."

Ok, I guess I'm not getting the freebie. Time for my Plan B. I pulled out my Pappa's chequebook, and wrote a cheque for registration. Before I handed him the cheque, I asked.

"You don't happen to have a sports scholarship or something do you?"

"Yes, we do. We only give them to students who are passing all their courses, or if they can't afford extra-curricular actvities. Why do you ask?"

"Well, do you think I could get one. I know you know that I can afford it, but you see my parents wont pay for sports, meaning I can't write you a cheque for it, so in a way, I can't afford it."

"I guess we could work something out... ahh hell, you seem like a nice kid, I'll give it to you, but you see these grades from high school, you have to promise you'll improve."

"I promise." I said, knowing that it wasn't going to happen.

The Dean stood up, and held out his hand.

"Welcome to Stockholm University." He said smiling.

Sorry it's kind of short, looked longer in my book. Updates later tonight(tonight for me, dont know about others) if not, then tomorrow after I'm home from school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Swedish Stars Rising: NHL 09 BAP

nice, haha. you and me can be the Scandinavian bros of the OS boards, hehe.

Good luck with this, although you definitely should have made him go to an american university, bc i THINK that stockholm university is public, meaning anyone can get in. But i could be wrong.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
nice, haha. you and me can be the Scandinavian bros of the OS boards, hehe.

Good luck with this, although you definitely should have made him go to an american university, bc i THINK that stockholm university is public, meaning anyone can get in. But i could be wrong.
I honestly have no idea whether it's public or not, but him going to unversity in Sweden is part of the story, which I have written out by hand in a book. And also, I'm pretty sure they don't have hockey either. lol

I'm going to try to get an update up soon, but I'm not sure if I can.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan33
I honestly have no idea whether it's public or not, but him going to unversity in Sweden is part of the story, which I have written out by hand in a book. And also, I'm pretty sure they don't have hockey either. lol

I'm going to try to get an update up soon, but I'm not sure if I can.
oh NICE dude, glad to hear someone else plans out their written updates before putting them up on OS.

Good job on that one, and I can't wait for more.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Banned

First classes of the school year, and I have a test tomorrow. Great, if my parents find out, I'll have to sneak out to go to hockey tryouts, because they'd make me study.

Scratch that, turns out our professor is a huge hockey head, so anyone who is trying out for the team tonight can write the test the day after. I think because of his generousity, everybody is going to day they're trying out. Though it doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't miss tryouts test or no test.

Four Hours Later
I was the first person laced up, and on the ice. I didn't know what to do, so I found a puck, and just started shooting on the empty net. Slowly, more players started to show up. All skaters. They all just grabbed pucks and started shooting as well. Finally a goalie came out, and since there was no sign of the coaches, we started a shootout. Right in the middle, the coaches came onto the ice, so I didn't even get my shot.

The coaches spent a few minutes introducing themselves to the players, mainly the new ones, and then just like that it was on. Though, it wasn't what I expected. Shooting drills, skating drills, fastest skater races, shootouts. It was like a skills competition. What I had in mind was suicides down the ice and back, and skating laps, more conditioning type of stuff.

Two hours later, the coaches had made decisions. First cuts. There were about forty of us, the coaches cut five players I didn't know, or catch the names of.

I skated off the ice, to the dressing room.

First tryouts were over. Next one's on Wednesday, two days from now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

i like this...dont tell anyone.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
i like this...dont tell anyone.
It's okay, your secret is safe with me.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
Banned

I like to comment in really tiny letters.

good job

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »