Home

Buffalo Sabres - NHL09

This is a discussion on Buffalo Sabres - NHL09 within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #57
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Buffalo Sabres - NHL09

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan30
Well I was fine about giving up Lupul, I was on the fence about giving up Sbisa, and personally I think the 2 first rounders were an overpayment, but hey if he can help us clear the crease I'm all for it!
Haha yeah, I didn't really care about Lupul. Its the second time he's been traded for Pronger lol.
I too think the two first rounders were a little excessive, one would of been fine but not both lol.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #58
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

OVR: 4

Sabres find winning edge
Sabres have won four of their last five

October 31, 2008

BUFFALO, NY - It was a very struggling start for the Buffalo Sabres who started the season 0-3 with a goal differential of minus 10. Things changed when coach Pat Quinn was hired to replaced the fired Lindy Ruff.

Since Pat Quinn took over the team, Buffalo has posted a 5-1-1 record for seven points, improving the teams record past five hundred to 5-4-1 for eleven points.

Things started to shape up when Buffalo sent Craig Rivet to Carolina for Patrick Eaves, and acquiring Mattias Ohlund and Anton Volchenkov. Jason Pominville, Mark Mancari, and some draft picks were given up in the trades, but they were worth it in the long run. The most recent transaction was Buffalo acquiring Chris Drury from the New York Rangers who returns to the Sabres, after signing with the Rangers last season. Derek Roy was sent to the Rangers in exchange for Drury.

The Sabres started their season with four straight losses. 4-1 to Montreal, 4-2 to the Islanders, 4-1 to the Rangers and 3-1 to the Canucks. Their first win came October 18, as they shocked the Atlanta Thrashers 5-1.

The Boston Bruins spoiled their winning party, shutting Buffalo down 3-2 in a shootout. In Minnesota, Buffalo picked up a 3-1 win in Drury's return. In Colorado, Buffalo picked up a tough 4-3 win.

Back at home, Buffalo won their first home game, shutting out Ottawa 3-0. In the most recent game, Buffalo edged Tampa Bay 2-1.

"I hope that we can keep on winning. I have been seeing more confidence in the boys and they want to keep on winning." said Pat Quinn.

The Sabres hope to win their fifth in a row as the host Alexander Ovechkin and the Capitals tomorrow night.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #59
Pro

FlyersFan30's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolman29
Haha yeah, I didn't really care about Lupul. Its the second time he's been traded for Pronger lol.
I too think the two first rounders were a little excessive, one would of been fine but not both lol.
I've wanted the Flyers to trade Lupul since the beginning of this year but yeah 1 1st rounder should of been fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »