Home

NHL 10 Be a Pro: "Born and Raised in South Detroit" Aaron Wheeler #27

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Be a Pro: "Born and Raised in South Detroit" Aaron Wheeler #27 within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 10 Be a Pro: "Born and Raised in South Detroit" Aaron Wheeler #27

Part Four: The Call

Just a city boy, Born and Raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

"Who could it possibly be" I angrily said stomping towards my phone

"Hello?" I said half asleep

"Hello this is Aaron Wheeler right?" the misterious caller said

"Yeah it is and who is this calling this early in the morning?" I almost screamed

"Well this is Darcy Regier the General Manager of the Buffalo Sabres, calm down kid i'm just calling to tell you that you need to be in Buffalo in a month" Darcy said

"Oh sorry sir I had no idea it was you, i'll be there in a month don't worry" I said assuring him i'd be there

"Okay I can't wait to see you in action Wheeler, bye" He said and hung up

A month!?! I gotta start packing now!

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a month now and i'm already done packing, now it's time to say goodbye to my parents and my friends and I convinced Kristen to come with me to Buffalo. Anyways back to saying goodbye...

"Oh my god it's true my baby boy is actually leaving me!" My mom squeeled

"Mom stop your making me feel guilty, you know I love you and Buffalo isn't that far away" I said defending my decision

"Oh alright, you be a good boy in Buffalo I better not get any calls asking me to bail you out of jail!" My mom screamed

"Don't worry mom you won't" I said

"I don't trust you, you little trouble maker... kristen make sure he's a good boy" My mom said jokingly

I gave my mom a kiss and a hug and then walked over to my dad

"Well da-"

"Son, don't be an idiot in Buffalo, okay?" My dad said interupting me

"Don't worry dad" I said with my head down, he could always make me feel down

"That's not what I meant to say... Good luck son you really proved me wrong and I never thought i'd say this but I love you" my dad said

"Wait dad what was that? Can you say that again?" I said jokingly

"Don't be a ******* i'm not repeating myself" He said

"Yes sir, well i'll miss you dad" I said

I then gave my dad a hug and kissed him but he pulled away and said "Son you may be into kissing guys but i'm not!"

I couldn't help but crack up, I then walked over to my friends Joe and Nathan

"Hey guys i'm going to miss you so much, you guys are my best friends and I wish I could bring you with me" I said

"Don't worry man we will keep in touch with you and during the offseason we can come and get you from Buffalo and you can go down to Florida with us to make up for lost time" Joe said

"Thanks guys that means a lot, i'll see you both later" I said

"We'll miss you man" Both Joe and Nathan said

We all hugged and then off I went into my 2002 Ford F-150 and me and Kristen drove off, I had to hold in my tears and I already felt home sick... It's not easy growing up.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Nice...following.
Thanks!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Part Five: Buffalo

After a long drive we finally arrived in the area of Buffalo that my Agent told me to meet him, there's his car... I think. Kristen's head is rested on my shoulder, I think she's sleeping. I slowely get her head off my shoulder and walk out my car.

"Hey Paulie" I said quietly

"Yo Wheeler I got your keys to your apartment that the Sabres got for you" He said

"Thanks a ton bro, i'm in kind of a hurry to get to my apartment so can you just get to the chase and tell me where it's at?" I said kindly

"Yeah I get it ofcourse, gf's sleeping want to get home right?" He said

"Yeah that's exactly it, your a mind reader Paulie" I said jokingly

"haha well it's called the Hyatt Regency" Said Paulie

"Thanks, i'll see you later Paulie" I said rushing to the door

"See ya!" Paulie yelled

I finally arrived at the Hyatt Regency, god it's large!

I carried Kristen in and told them who I was and they led me to my room, I slowly and gently put Kristen in our bed and went and brought in all of our stuff.

When I was finally done it was 12:58 PM almost 1 in the morning, I layed down on the bed and immediately fell asleep.

That next morning Kristen woke me up with a kiss on my forehead, "Hey Krissy" I said

"Hey babe I can't talk i'm going to go look for a job okay?" She said

"Alright i'll talk to you later, good luck" I said and gave her a kiss before she walked out of our room.

Today is going to be one of those days where you never really get your day started you just do a few things and then fall asleep at a reasonable time, first I took a shower then got on all my clothes and went out to check out the hotel and look at good spots to hang out around Buffalo, I plan on staying here instead of going to Maine.

Last edited by hockeyplaya2724; 03-28-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #12
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Part Six: The Contract

Just a city boy, Born and Raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

"Oh crap!" I screamed and I fell down struggling to put on my pants, "Krissy can you get that for me!?!" I screamed

"Hello?" Kristen said to the whoever was calling me

"Okay here he is" She said and then handed me the phone

"Hello who is it?" I said

"It's me Paulie" Paulie said

"Oh hey what's going on bud?" I said

"Meet me at the Marine Midland Arena we are going to get your contract signed" Paulie said

"Alright bye!" i screamed excitedly and hung up the phone

"What was that about?" Asked Kristen

"I'm going to be signing a contract with the Sabres!" I yelled

"Oh my god congrats babe!" She yelled and kissed me

I finally arrived at the Marine Midland Arena and there was Paulie sitting on one of the steps waiting for me, I ran over to him there was no time to waste!

"Let's go Paulie!" I screamed

"I was waiting for you" He said jokingly

We went through the doors and a Body Guard was there to lead us to Darcy Regier's office.

Me and Paulie entered Darcy's room and there he was the General Manager of the Buffalo Sabre's.

"Hello Darcy it's a pleasure meeting you" Paulie said greeting Darcy

"It's great to meet my future Hall of Fame Player and his Agent" He said following a laugh which was then followed by me laughing uncontrollably, I was nervous I couldn't help it

Darcy then shook me and Paulie's hand and sat back down in his seat and followed that by saying,

"So let's work on Wheeler's contract, I was thinking considering he is our first round pick we would give him $800,000 for 3 years and the reason being is because he is a defenseman" Said Darcy

"No, no, no and no" said Paulie

"Excuse me!" I said and motioned Paulie to come near me

"He just offered me a contract of $800,000 for 3 years and your not excepting that!?!" I whispered

"Listen Wheeler, let me do the business and you'll get the $900,000 that your worth" He whispered back

After a long intense discussion between Darcy and Paulie they both agreed to a 3 Year $900,000 Contract. WOW! Is Paulie a great Agent or what?

"Okay Wheeler listen up, you get 4 games to prove yourself that you deserve to be in the NHL. If not you will play in the AHL were you will be payed $30,000 a year instead of $300,000 so that should be enough motivation, eh?" He said trying not to laugh

"Well actually Darcy Sir, i'm not in it for the mone-"

"Sure you aren't, that's what they all say" Said Darcy

"No I mean it, this is all I ever dreamed about you could pay me $1 a year and I wouldn't mind I just want to prove myself and have fun playing the sport that I love" I said as serious as ever

"That's what I like to hear!" Darcy yelled

"Thank you" I said, me and Paulie bumped fists

"Okay so you got it don't mess up Wheeler i'm counting on you, remember I picked you first round because I really want you" He said

"Thanks very much, it was great talking to you Mr. Regier" I said politely

"Please just call me Darcy" He said

"Okay, thanks very much Darcy. Me and Paulie have to go though" I said

We all said our byes and me and Paulie were out of his room,

"You did great in there Paulie" I said

"Just doing my job" he said jokingly

"No I mean it, you got me 100,000 extra dollars" I said

"Well that's what i'm hear to do, enough sweet talk you got to get back home and I got to go to a local rink around here. I got some real good prospects... Well I hope so" He said

"Good luck" I said and then left
Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #13
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
I carried my wife in and told them who I was and they led me to my...
Wow...ya make a stop in Vegas on the way???
Old 03-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #14
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

lol I meant to write Kristen, i'll re write that thanks for pointing that out. That just made my day lol
Old 03-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Part Seven: Training Camp

On my way walking into the Marine Midland Arena I saw a fellow Sabres player walking into the "secret entrance" for Staff and Players only so I decided to follow him, what's the point of getting lost trying to find the Sabres locker room? I kind of felt like a stalker and even when he looked back I jumped behind a wall so he couldn't see me, anyways after stalking my fellow teammate to the door I finally got to the door for the Sabres locker room. "Here goes nothing" I said quietly to myself and walked in.

I walked into random screams of "Rookie!" and "Rook!" and "Wheeler!" I couldn't hold in my smile.

Craig Rivet the Captain of the Sabres walked up to me and said "Welcome to the Buffalo Sabres, i'm Craig Rivet... I'm the Captain of the team" Said Rivet

"Hey it's nice to meet you, hopefully some day you and me can play on the same line togethor" I said

"Don't get to cocky rook you'll need a lot of training for that" He said jokingly and showed me to my locker

WOW! Look at all the equipment they have for me, I didn't even have to bring my own equipment this is crazy! I was so anxious to get on the ice that I was the first one dressed and I put on a plain Black jersey that all the defense had to wear and buckled my chinstrap, got my stick and walked onto the ice. "This is going to be the beginning of a long career" I thought to myself.

Training camp is the hardest experience i've ever gone through, I have to do it every day and I barely ever get any time to myself I just want to drop dead. Oh well, at least I can walk home to my beautiful Girl Friend Kristen and see that amazing smile on her face, god I love that smile. Anyways we've got only a week left of Training Camp so that's a good thing, I can't wait for the season to start.

I am doing better than the rest of the Defenders who don't automatically have a spot on the team and I think that i'm the best Defenseman out there sometimes but I can't get that cocky i'm still only a rookie and some of these guys have been playing for years, my Defensive Coach is really impressed with me and is basically giving me a starting spot to start off the season with all the good things he tells Lindy Ruff our Head Coach and Darcy Regier our General Manager about me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Today on ESPN we review probably our favorite player that was drafted and that player is Aaron Wheeler, what a great job by the Buffalo Sabres by getting him. They desperately needed him after losing Jaroslav Spacek to the Montreal Canadian's. He is a defenseman who will get plenty of points which is what Buffalo needs right now and he also plays very tough and will get around 150+ PIM this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »