Home

The NHL Moments Live Project (NHL 13)

This is a discussion on The NHL Moments Live Project (NHL 13) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The NHL Moments Live Project (NHL 13)

2011-2012 NHL Moments Live: #2 "Smith Shuts Out Preds" - Attempt Two

Well, unfortunately, we have failed yet again. I was able to hold the Predators until early in the second period when Patrick Hornqvist came in on a breakaway following a beautiful saucer pass from defenseman Hal Gill. Hornqvist beat me with a little backhand-forehand move and then put it up in the roof of the net. This goal was my fault as I committed too early and allowed Hornqvist to make the second move and I ultimately paid the price for that decision.

2nd Period
2:53 P. Hornqvist (1), (H. Gill)
Old 05-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

2011-2012 NHL Moments Live: #2 "Smith Shuts Out Preds" - Final Attempt

This entire moment has been a failure so far. The final attempt at this would prove to be no different as I was beat again in the second period by the Predators but this time I would last 13 seconds longer than my previous highest length. None the less, I am disappointed with the results I got during this moment. On to the details, this game was a tough one as shots came at me left, right and center. Finally in the second period, Nick Spaling tipped a Francis Bouillon point shot past me. We gotta put this one behind us and look at the next Moment...

2nd Period
7:43 N. Spaling (1), F. bouillon, B. Yip)
Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #11
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

NHL Moments Live: #3 "Rangers Oust Caps" - Preview

On May 12th 2012, the Washington Capitals took on the New York Rangers in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semi-finals. The Capitals were down 2-0 with 9:17 left in the game when Roman Hamrlik slapped one past Henrik Lundqvist. Sadly for the Caps, that’s all they could muster as they lost 2-1 and were eliminated from the Playoffs.

Objective: With 9:17 left in the third period, win the game as the Washington Capitals. CAN YOU CHANGE HISTORY?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

NHL Moments Live: #3 "Rangers Oust Caps" - Attempt One

Well, sadly, we've gone a kind of "failing streak" as we have failed all our attempts in "Smith Shuts Out Preds". The streak wouldn't be stopped here however as we failed to score any goals against Henrik Lundqvist and ultimately failed another attempt at this project. We went 9 minutes and 17 seconds without scoring a goal with the Capitals. Can we do better next time?

Old 06-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

NHL Moments Live: #3 "Rangers Oust Caps" - Attempt Two

We've finally been able to snap that "losing" streak of ours with our second attempt on this moment. I was able to win the game in overtime after the Rangers decided to tie the game with one second left in the third period. Semin's goal was a thing of beauty as he undressed the Rangers defense and scored right over Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist's shoulder. Marian Gaborik's last second goal (literally) was a tip off a desperation shot that Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh threw at the net. I was finally able to win the game as Karl Alzner buried home a slapper on a one-timer from Troy Brouwer on the rush.

Caps Oust Rangers - Attempt Two Summary
THIRD PERIOD
17:36 N. Backstrom (1), (T. Brouwer, J. Carlson)
19:33 A. Semin (1), (N. Backstrom, K. Alzner)
19:59 M. Gaborik (1), (R. McDonagh)
OVERTIME
19:55 K. Alzner (1), (T. Brouwer, B. Laich)
Old 06-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

NHL Moments Live: #4 "Rangers Rally Late" - Preview

On May 7th, 2012 the New York Rangers took on the Washington Capitals in the Eastern Conference semi-finals. The Rangers were down 2-1 in the third period when Brad Richards tied the game with 6.6 second left, then Marc Staal would score 1:35 into the overtime to win the game. Both goals were the result of a Joel Ward double minor for high sticking.

Objective: With 21 seconds left in the third period, win the game as the New York Rangers. CAN YOU RE-CREATE HISTORY?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #15
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

NHL Moments Live: #4 "Rangers Rally Late" - Attempt One

Yeah... So maybe this project is going to be a lot harder than I though. And I mean a lot harder. We failed to score the trying goal in the third period as the Rangers because I hit the crossbar with Brad Richards. Of course! I get a breakaway with Brad Richards and snipe it right past the Holtby's shoulder. I think it's going in and PING! off it goes into the corner off the crossbar. Boy, am I frustrated with this thing! But that doesn't mean we're giving up! (At least not yet...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

NHL Moments Live: #4 "Rangers Rally Late" - Attempt Two

We got another breakaway opportunity after ringing the last one off the crossbar with Brad Richards and this time.... WE GET ROBBED BY HOLTBY!!!! The Capitals goalie decided to come up big for his team at the right time. Derek Stepan came in on a breakaway with Capitals defenseman John Carlson closing in, Stepan faked his shot. Holtby fell for the fake and went into his butterfly position. Stepan then went to have backhand and Holtby followed. Stepan went back to his forehand and tried to sneak it past Holtby's glove but Holtby flashed the leather and denied Stepan on the breakaway with 3 second left in the third period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »