Home

Motown Mojo - Detroit Red Wings

This is a discussion on Motown Mojo - Detroit Red Wings within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #17
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Motown Mojo - Detroit Red Wings

Gustavsson shines in Detroit win

Detroit, MI - Jonas Gustavsson stopped 24 of 25 shots, leading Detroit in a 2-1 victory over the Edmonton Oilers. Nicklas Kronwall had a goal and an assist, and Pavel Datsyuk added a goal of his own. Ales Hemsky scored the lone goal for Edmonton.

Gustavsson has lead the Red Wings to 3 consecutive wins and will start again in goal on Friday in Calgary, said coach Mike Babcock.

Last edited by Tonic; 06-08-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:41 AM   #18
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

Hudler leads Flames over former team, Wings fall 6-3

Detroit, MI - Jiri Hudler scored two goals for Calgary over his former team, leading the Flames to a 6-3 victory. Hudler played for Detroit from 2005 to 2009, and again from 2010 to 2012, before signing a 4-year, $16 million contract with Calgary this past offseason.

Blake Comeau also had two goals for Calgary, while Jay Bouwmeester and Jerome Iginla each added a tally of their own.

Todd Bertuzzi, Pavel Datsyuk, and Jordin Tootoo had goals for Detroit, who falls to 4-7 on the season.

Coach Mike Babcock said Jimmy Howard will start tomorrow in goal against Minnesota. Jonas Gustavsson has started the last 6 games for Detroit, leading the team to a 4-2 record over that span.

Last edited by Tonic; 06-08-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #19
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

Tootoo sparks Red Wings in win

Detroit, MI - Jordin Tootoo took exception to Minnesota Wild center Zenon Kenopka's boarding on Ian White, making him pay the old fashion way - by dropping the gloves. Tootoo delivered several solid punches to Kenopka, while taking a few himself, before Kenopka dropped to the ground in defeat.

Detroit's Johan Franzen scored while Kenopka was in the box for his boarding penalty, and the goal ended up standing as the game winner. Todd Bertuzzi had scored minutes later on a wraparound attempt.

Matt Cullen opened the scoring with a wristshot over Howard's blocker in the 1st period. Darren Helm scored off a rebound from a Niklas Kronwall slapshot in the 3rd period, and Jakub Kindl added an empty netter from his own blue line to seal the game.

"He (Tootoo) was a real spark tonight. I really like how he stood up for his teammate. That shows how much he cares about his teammates. I would have preferred he didn't take the penalty for instigating the fight, but we killed it off, so there wasn't any harm done," said head coach Mike Babcock after the game.

Minnesota Wild at Detroit Red Wings
Jan 1, 123F
MIN (6-7-0)1001
DET (6-8-0)0224
Three Stars
Howard
1GA, .967 SV%, 29 saves
Kronwall
2A, 4 shots, +2
Franzen
PPG, 5 shots, 1 hit
Team Stats Comparison
MINDET
Shots on Goal3030
Hits126
Faceoffs Won-Lost7-1919-7
Penalty Minutes7:0011:00
Power Plays Converted01
Power Play Opportunities31
Time on Attack5:125:01
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
MIN17:34 Cullen (3) (Granlund, Brodin)
SECOND PERIOD
DET3:26 Bertuzzi (3) (Samuelsson, White)
DET4:56 Franzen (1) (PP) (Filppula, Kronwall)
THIRD PERIOD
DET13:11 Helm (2) (Kronwall, Ericsson)
DET19:56 Kindl (4) (Unassisted)

Game Notes:

Franzen's goal was his first of the season...Ryan Suter and Zach Parise were greeted by boos from the Joe Louis faithful, after both turned down offers from Detroit to play together in Minnesota...Detroit is 5-2 in their last 7 games after starting the season 1-6.

Last edited by Tonic; 06-08-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #20
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

How's everybody liking this so far? It's not super exciting as I'm keeping things really realistic, but I'm enjoying this a lot! I'll post stats, league leaders, and an interview with GM Steve Yzerman tomorrow
Old 06-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic
How's everybody liking this so far? It's not super exciting as I'm keeping things really realistic, but I'm enjoying this a lot! I'll post stats, league leaders, and an interview with GM Steve Yzerman tomorrow
I'm enjoying it! I like the realism in a dynasty the most out of all other qualities that it may have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #22
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

Thanks

I might not be able to post much the next couple of days as I have exams on Monday but I will be continuing this for sure
Old 06-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #23
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

Howards shines in Wings win

Detroit, MI - Jimmy Howard stopped all 32 shots he faced, Pavel Datsyuk scored the only goal of the game in the 3rd period, and the Detroit Red Wings defeated the Dallas Stars 1-0. Kari Lehtonen made 24 saves for Dallas.

Detroit improves to 7-8 on the season.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 AM   #24
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

Howard posts 2nd consecutive shutout

Detroit, MI - Jimmy Howard was stellar in goal again, posting his second consecutive shutout with 36 saves. Pavel Datsyuk scored the game-winner in the 2nd period and Jakub Kindl added an empty netter in the final minute to seal the victory for Detroit. Detroit improves to 8-8-0 on the season, after a horrendous 1-6-0 start.

"I'm seeing the puck a lot better. I worked with Jim (goalie coach Jim Bedard) on my vision and positioning the last couple of weeks while Jonas was playing really well. I feel like my hard work is paying off and it's obviously good to get a couple of wins," said Howard after the win.

"We've been fortunate that we've had stellar goaltending the last couple of weeks from Monster (Gustavsson) and Jimmy. Our team is very comfortable with either of those guys between the pipes," said head coach Mike Babcock.

When asked about which goalie will start in the long term, Babcock had this to say:

"I don't look at things long term. I see it like we have two capable goalies right now and we're very fortunate. Many teams would be happy to have one. These guys are team players and don't care which one is playing, as long as we're winning. Let me rephrase that. They do care who is playing, as they're competitive guys and want to be playing, but to them winning is more important. I think having two good goalies is a great thing as it provides competition and ensures both guys are really on top of their game at all times."

Detroit visits Minnesota on Saturday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »