Home

Old Type of Rock 'n Roll ~ A Colorado Avalanche Dynasty

This is a discussion on Old Type of Rock 'n Roll ~ A Colorado Avalanche Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2015, 01:39 AM   #9
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Old Type of Rock 'n Roll ~ A Colorado Avalanche Dynasty

I am not a fan of NHL classic dynasties, but your idea is great and very creative.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #10
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
Oh my god....

That backstory even from your own point of view was awesome!

Avalanche! Get that cup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb170455
I am not a fan of NHL classic dynasties, but your idea is great and very creative.
Thanks for all the early support, hopefully when I finish this one up, I'll go to NHL 09, love the generated draft classes.

I'm going to try to be top 4 in the Western Conference by the trade deadline, so I can start buying. This year is really going to be Cup or bust.

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #11
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Game 1:

W 5-2 Dallas

This was a well played game by both sides but the Dallas Stars were unable to overcome an early deficit. Ian Laperriere lead the Avalanche to victory with 2 goals. The Stars had won the majority of face-offs, 16-9 but were unable to capitalize which cost them. Jose Theodore played well, stopping 32/34 while Marty Turco struggled allowing 4 goals on 22 shots. Star Joe Sakic added an empty net goal to secure a victory for Colorado

Game 2:

OT L 2-1 Minnesota

A tightly contested battle between two good teams in the west ultimately saw the Wild win in Overtime by a score of 2-1. Wes Walz scored the winner on a backhand while breaking away from the Avalanche defence. Pierre Turgeon scored for the Avalanche on Manny Fernandez who stopped 22 of 23 shots. Jose Theodore stopped 28 of 30.

Game 3:

L 2-1 Vancouver

An absolute thriller from start to end which saw the Canucks hit 5 posts gave Colorado their 2nd loss on the season by a final score of 2-1. After an opening goal from Patrice Brisebois in the second period of a wrist shot from the point, the Avalanche were unable to generate any offence for the rest of the game. Vancouver absolutely blew away Colorado on shots, beating them 41 to 15. Goal scorers from Vancouver include Henrik and Daniel Sedin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #12
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Recaps look familiar (no complaints!)

Man, some of these old names bring huge smiles to my face. Joe Sakic is one of my top three players of all time, but even the guys like Turco and Brisebois and Manny Fernandez are great to read.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #13
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Game 4:

L 5-1 Edmonton

The Colorado Avalanche put together their worst performance on the young season to drop them to 1-2-1 on the year with an embarrassing 5-1 loss to the defending Western Conference Champions. Jose Theodore played terribly, allowing 5 goals on 35 shots with all goals coming on easy save opportunities. Goal scorers from Edmonton include Ryan Smyth, Raffia Torres, Ethan Moreau, Shawn Horcoff and Marc-Antoine Pouliot while Brett McLean scored for the Avs. Colorado takes on Chicago next, looking to end their 3 game losing streak.

In other news, the Avalanche have claimed Brian Boucher off waivers from the Buffalo Sabres. Boucher holds an impressive 2.14 Goals Against Average (GAA) in the playoffs while his GAA in the regular season is 2.57. He will likely play behind Jose Theodore in the future but will get his fair share of oppurtunities. Peter Budaj with a 2-way contract was sent down to make room for Boucher.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #14
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Game 5:

Colorado dominated the Chicago Blackhawks as they won their second game on the year by a score of 3-0. Jose Theodore was not tested often but when he had shots against him, he was spectacular. Colorado generated 29 shots, outshooting Chicago by 13. Marek Svatos had two goals while Andrew Brunette added another.

Game 6:

Um. This wasn't the team we saw play the Blackhawks. Theodore was the biggest reason we lost this game. He let in soft goals (5) and looked shaky and unsure of himself when he did make saves. Joe Sakic's goal was a beauty as he danced around Maple Leafs but that was the lone bright spot. Not much you can take from this one...

Edit: IDK if I'm gonna be bringing this back full-time. Just seeing if I still have the ability to do hockey right-ups/ seeing if I should start up a hockey dynasty.

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 01-10-2016 at 07:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »