Home

Return to HockeyTown... A Detroit Red Wings BeaGM

This is a discussion on Return to HockeyTown... A Detroit Red Wings BeaGM within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #473
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Detroit Free Press

Tarasenko Hat Trick Brings Wings 1 Win from Cup

Vladimir Tarasenko dominated game 4 with three goals including the game winner. Injury concerns continue as Brenden Smith and Evander Kane suffered season ending injuries.

Detroit Red Wings at Los Angeles Kings
May 28, 2018123OTF
DET ()11114
LAK ()10203
Three Stars
V. Tarasenko
Hat Trick
M. Gaborik
1 Goal, 2 Assists
J. Abdelkader
3 Assists
Team Stats Comparison
DETLAK
Shots on Goal1826
Hits1319
Faceoffs Won-Lost7-1111-7
Penalty Minutes4:000:00
Power Plays Converted01
Power Play Opportunities02
Time on Attack6:217:17
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
DET2:07 V. Tarasenko (15) J. Abdelkader, C. McDavid
LAK15:03 L. Vey (3) M. Gaborik, D. Doughty
SECOND PERIOD
DET16:44 V. Tarasenko (16) S. Weiss, J. Abdelkader
THIRD PERIOD
LAK1:05 A. Kopitar (10) M. Gaborik
DET5:22 K. Quincey (2) J. Abdelkader
LAK19:12 M. Gaborik (9) D. Brown, D. Doughty
OVERTIME
DET0:49 V. Tarasenko (17) N. Kronwall, C. McDavid
Old 03-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #474
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Detroit Free Press

Champions!

Detroit MI - In a season that saw the Red Wings lap the league in scoring, stick handling, and passing, the final game of the season required a double helping of grit and determination for the home team to secure their 14th Stanley Cup Championship.

While five of the Wings’ regular starters had to be held out due to injury Head Coach Jeff Blashill cobbled together the best lines he could given the situation. Once the puck dropped though Justin Abdelkader lead the charge on offense while Mike Smith turned in his best performance of the finals stopping 17 of 18 shots.

Los Angeles Kings at Detroit Red Wings
May 30, 2018123F
LAK ()0011
DET ()0224
Three Stars
J. Abdelkader
2 Goals, 1 Assist
M. Smith
17 Saves
J. Andersson
2 Assists
Team Stats Comparison
LAKDET
Shots on Goal1827
Hits217
Faceoffs Won-Lost9-122-9
Penalty Minutes4:002:00
Power Plays Converted01
Power Play Opportunities01
Time on Attack5:539:23
Scoring Summary
SECOND PERIOD
DET6:53 L. Ferraro (2) C. Clutterbuck, J. Andersson
DET16:44 J. Abdelkader (6) J. Andersson, N. Kronwall
THIRD PERIOD
DET2:49 J. Abdelkader (7) Unassisted
LAK6:14 T. Pearson (5) Unassisted
DET19:47 C. McDavid EN (6) J. Abdelkader, N. Kronwall
Old 03-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #475
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Rick Watkins' Professional Journal

Entry: April 1st 2018

Champs again! What an absurd way to win a cup title! Datsyuk, B Smith, Kane, Sheahan all out with injury. I know for a fact that if this series went one more game the Kings probably would have have turned the tide. But in the end we skated Lord Stanley’s Cup at the Motor City Fieldhouse for the first time ever!

With so many key guys on the mend we had to call up Teemu Pulkkinen just for game 5. The fourth line was Pulk, Mantha & Emmerton and Coach Blashill was just trying to keep them off the ice as much as possible. No matter anyway since Justin Abdelkader stepped up and took the game for himself. What a dominant performance winning pucks in the corners, causing turnovers, and of course scoring goals.

I know I wrote this two years ago but I’m sure this time that this is the best team I’ve put on the ice. Possibly the best team in Red WIngs History. Obviously the 2001-02 team was completely absurd, basically an All Star team, but since the salary camp came into play this is surely the best team yet!

Looking forward we'll have to see if we can resign Evander Kane and keep cap room going forward to ink McDavid to his first big contract. We'll see if Datsyuk decides to call it quits or do one more lap. We'll see if this team of big name guys can put their egos aside and play like a team. I'm truly looking forward to the start of next season. If we can keep this core together for years to come I'm sure the trophy case will be growing big time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #476
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

AN

Well that will be it for this one. A big time thank you to anyone and everyone who has checked in on this dynasty!!. It became something much more in depth than I had intended and kept me playing NHL a lot longer than I would have otherwise. As I said before I had decided to shut the thing down over a year ago due to lack of interest but found activity on the page spiked. Not sure if more people began following along or what but I'm very glad I kept it going.

I intended to gather a summary of player transactions, record, etc over the last five seasons and hopefully still will get around to it... For now though: 567 days after I made the first post and this dynasty is officially over.

Last edited by Son of Sam99; 03-06-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #477
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Return to HockeyTown... A Detroit Red Wings BeaGM

Just wanted to say thank you for this! Always enjoyed following along and am excited for your next project.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #478
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Re: Return to HockeyTown... A Detroit Red Wings BeaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliDegu2008
Just wanted to say thank you for this! Always enjoyed following along and am excited for your next project.
Definitely appreciate the readership! I did mean to mention in the above post... & thank you for bringing it up, I am already working on another project but "publish" date remains TBD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »