Home

RISE UP: A NHL 20 Ottawa Senators BAGM

This is a discussion on RISE UP: A NHL 20 Ottawa Senators BAGM within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2020, 03:51 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: RISE UP: A NHL 20 Ottawa Senators BAGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
Interesting. I mean they can't hold onto both right.
Funny you mention that

In another playthrough I did as an expansion team, I plucked Merzlikins from them in the Expansion Draft.

Then Korpisalo didn't resign with Columbus so that very off season I plucked Korpisalo from Free Agency

They led my expansion team to the Eastern Conference Finals in its first year
Old 08-16-2020, 04:35 PM   #50
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettz25
Funny you mention that

In another playthrough I did as an expansion team, I plucked Merzlikins from them in the Expansion Draft.

Then Korpisalo didn't resign with Columbus so that very off season I plucked Korpisalo from Free Agency

They led my expansion team to the Eastern Conference Finals in its first year
LOL, oh man, I take it they were not left with a decent goalie. In your opinion, who is the better out of the two?
GLES - USC

Old 08-16-2020, 07:00 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
LOL, oh man, I take it they were not left with a decent goalie. In your opinion, who is the better out of the two?
I think Kivlenkiss or whatever his name ended up the starter so....no LOL

I found Korpisalo was more consistent. If you can get them both tho I recommend it. Probably better than Nilsson (assuming he's your backup?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #52
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettz25
I think Kivlenkiss or whatever his name ended up the starter so....no LOL

I found Korpisalo was more consistent. If you can get them both tho I recommend it. Probably better than Nilsson (assuming he's your backup?)
Yes, Nilsson is the current backup. I am going to make a trade and see how it pans out. Thanks for the advice.
GLES - USC

Old 08-16-2020, 08:25 PM   #53
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

BINNINGTON STYMIES SENS
November 4th, 2021

Jordan Binnington stood tall and shut the door as he blocked 28 shots on the way to his 2nd Shutout of the season. At the other end of the ice, Anders Nilsson allowed four goals in 35 shots on net. The backup is now 0-4 in his starts this year.

The Blues capitalized on some sloppy play by the Senators, scoring 3 of their goals on the Powerplay. Perron notched 2 goals and an assist, Pietrangelo notched a Powerplay Goal and Jaden Schwartz would tally one midway through the third period.

The Sens will have little time to rest, as they will fly tonight to Tampa Bay for the second of a back to back.
GLES - USC

Old 08-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #54
Rookie

TheJoker12's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
For any of my followers.... I really need a good young goalie to invest in. Any suggestions? I'll definitely need an adequate replacement for Anderson after this season and I don't really think the Goalie Prospects are quite there to make the jump yet.
Carter Hart if you can swing it but I would imagine Philly would want A LOT. The Leafs somehow got Thatcher Demko from Vancouver and he led them to a pretty good year this past season. Or you could try to pry Holtby from Washington, they've turned to Samsonov in mine - he'd probably give you a few good years.

If you have a guy you like in your system but need a few years you can always bring someone in during FA. There's been some pretty solid goaltenders available every year, and you could probably bring them in on 2-3 year deals.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #55
Pro

Quote:

BINNINGTON STYMIES SENS
November 4th, 2021

Jordan Binnington stood tall and shut the door as he blocked 28 shots on the way to his 2nd Shutout of the season. At the other end of the ice, Anders Nilsson allowed four goals in 35 shots on net. The backup is now 0-4 in his starts this year.

The Blues capitalized on some sloppy play by the Senators, scoring 3 of their goals on the Powerplay. Perron notched 2 goals and an assist, Pietrangelo notched a Powerplay Goal and Jaden Schwartz would tally one midway through the third period.

The Sens will have little time to rest, as they will fly tonight to Tampa Bay for the second of a back to back.
As we talk about needing a new backup... Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #56
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

SENS FALL SHORT AGAINST BOLTS
November 5th, 2021

With newly acquired Erik Gudbranson in the line up, the Sens had hoped to end their three game slide; unfortunately, they were matched up against one of the highest scoring teams in the league.

Tampa Bay opened the scoring midway through the first period, when Steven Stamkos teed off on a pass from Hedman for a Powerplay Goal. Wellmore tied the game, with a heads up play late in the first, after batting down a pass and taking it hard to net, before slipping it past Wedgewood.

Ottawa and Tampa traded goals in the second period. Newly acquired Gudbranson earned his second point of the game, with an early third period Power Play Goal, but the lead didn't last long as one minute later, Kucherov would snipe his 7th of the season. The final ten minutes would prove to continue to be problematic for the Sens. After killing off a Brouwer Penalty, Tkachuk took a Tripping Penalty, resulting in a Bolts go ahead goal. Tampa would score on the Empty Net to add another and ice the game.

Nikita Kucherov celebrates after scoring his 6th goal of the season, as the Lightning take down the Senators 5-3.
GLES - USC

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »