Home

The Lombardi Trophy PS4 League

This is a discussion on The Lombardi Trophy PS4 League within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: The Lombardi Trophy PS4 League

Almost there and we just need two in the AFC East and one in the AFC North and NFC East. It's filling up nicely though and we should have a Subforum in the next few days hopefully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElmann90
Cool. I'm really looking forward to getting started

Looks like we got a group together quickly. Hopefully we can keep it active
Do you have an All- Madden set you like? I haven't really even tested sliders at all yet.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #27
Rookie

SElmann90's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Do you have an All- Madden set you like? I haven't really even tested sliders at all yet.
Not particularly. I've never really explored sliders etc. I've been in a league where the standard All-Madden sliders were what we've used
Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aevans0913
Argument against no-switch rule:

In the past I think the rule has been great, however, this year with Heat Seeker, Switch Assist, and Ball Hawk enabled I dont like the no-switch rule. I understand the reasoning behind the no-switch rule, you dont want players to throw bombs all day because in past games when a user switched while the ball was in the air it more often than not blew the coverage.

This year they have fixed it with the Heat Seeker, Switch Assist, and Ball Hawk options. It is a lot easier to switch while the ball is in the air and maintain coverage to go for the swat or user pick. Pass coverage is part of the game and I would rather have the opportunity to break up a pass than hope the cpu does.

With that being said, if the general consensus is to keep the no-switch rule then I will follow it. Just my two cents.
We can discuss it in the Subforum prior to starting. I'm not even familure with how those features make user switching a non issue so we'll have to look into it.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #29
Rookie

SElmann90's Arena

I instinctively switch to defenders while the ball is in the air so I obviously prefer to be able to do so as well but I get the idea behind it
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElmann90
I instinctively switch to defenders while the ball is in the air so I obviously prefer to be able to do so as well but I get the idea behind it
I never user catch because I just never even tried to learn how, but I'm also used to switching on D to try and swat or make a play on a ball. User catching is the biggest issue IMO.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok I support the no switching rule because it forces you to read and play football as it should be played. Also will this be like a connected online franchise career
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #32
Rookie

SElmann90's Arena

Yea I mean I still like being able to switch defenders and undercutting routes with my DBs but at the same time if my opponent can't do it either I should be able to expose the opponent just as much as they expose me

Kinda wish I took the Seahawks now lol. Sherman and Earl could stop anything with no help from me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »