Home

Madden 19 PC Setting Options

This is a discussion on Madden 19 PC Setting Options within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #9
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden 19 PC Setting Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I’m reading this as well from others. Might be something they’re going to have to patch. It should be super silky.
There has been a similar issue with FIFA on PC since it moved to Frostbite. I believe the fix is to lock at 60fps and make sure vsync is turned on. Could be mistaken though.

I'd suggest Googling "FIFA 17/18 PC stutter."
Old 08-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #10
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo900t
I haven't experienced the purple screen but the game definitely doesn't run correctly on my G-Sync monitor.

If I use uncapped or 60 fps lock there is a lot of jitter and stutter going on. Uncapped its around 100 fps across the board, so its not a performance issue.

I'm having all sorts of weird issues so far, it just frankly doesn't feel right for me on PC and there is also a ton of input lag too. Frustrating...
I have a Gsync monitor as well....try using auto it helped smooth it out on the field but the cutscenes were still jittery. The other game that I had issues where you put unlimited FPS was Mafia 3. I had to turn on Vsync to get that to run smoothly.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:05 PM   #11
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I haven't experienced the purple screen but the game definitely doesn't run correctly on my G-Sync monitor.

If I use uncapped or 60 fps lock there is a lot of jitter and stutter going on. Uncapped its around 100 fps across the board, so its not a performance issue.

I'm having all sorts of weird issues so far, it just frankly doesn't feel right for me on PC and there is also a ton of input lag too. Frustrating...
I am experiencing some jitters too, have the FPS unlocked and thought maybe that was the issue even though I am running a little over 100 fps, was going to try capping it at 60fps but looks like still jittery. I am curious if anyone can explain all the differences in the graphics settings options.....alot of those options I have never even heard of, but I am pretty new to PC gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Glad its not just me, but I'm sort of regretting going PC instead of Xbox at this point.

I'm wondering if either the FPS counter is reporting incorrectly, or if this is a frame pacing issue. It's probably frame pacing that is making it so jittery, I'll have to try unlocked in the game settings and manually capping at 60 in the NVIDIA control panel.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

TrustTheProcess's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm having zero problems. Game is running silky and smooth and looks great.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #14
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Glad its not just me, but I'm sort of regretting going PC instead of Xbox at this point.

I'm wondering if either the FPS counter is reporting incorrectly, or if this is a frame pacing issue. It's probably frame pacing that is making it so jittery, I'll have to try unlocked in the game settings and manually capping at 60 in the NVIDIA control panel.
I ran on my laptop with most settings turned to low but locked at 60fps vsync on and it looked great and ran smooth. I was curious if had put unlimited fps on I might be able to see how much "headroom" I had to start re-enabling features. Well the game ran all choppy and jittery even thought the FPS was saying 90+ it was no longer smooth. I think this is a frame pacing issue that we are seeing. I do not have a G-sync monitor either.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
There has been a similar issue with FIFA on PC since it moved to Frostbite. I believe the fix is to lock at 60fps and make sure vsync is turned on. Could be mistaken though.

I'd suggest Googling "FIFA 17/18 PC stutter."
I have a Gsync monitor and although I have not yet played Madden on the PC I have played FIFA 18 a good bit and its awesome, silky smooth with no stutter or a hint of slowdown.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #16
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

60FPS is working just fine. Xbox not gonna yield any higher than that so not sure why you’d regret it because of that.. when it’s fixed, it’ll clearly be worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »