Home

Not launching after latest patch

This is a discussion on Not launching after latest patch within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Not launching after latest patch

As the title says. Whether I try and run with mods with Frosty or try and run the vanilla game I am not able to launch Madden anymore through Origin. I'll click play and it will act like it wants to try and launch a game, but it never even pops the Madden app up at any point in time. Then the Origin app reappears and Madden is able to be attempted to launch again.

I even verified all of the files a bit ago and the issue persists. Is anyone else experiencing this with the new patch or is this a solo issue?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Not launching after latest patch

Vanilla works for me but if I try to launch from within Frosty a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error message... Not cool
Old 11-14-2018, 08:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Ogimaa's Arena

OVR: 4

I can still load up splashscreens, but I am more interested in moda like Michapops and nectar. Don't seem to be loading for some reason, any help would be appreciated

Before you say delete moddata folder already did
Old 11-14-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

They must update it by re inserting there project into a finished mod in frosty for this patch,same thing for next patch ect....uploading projects might be better then we can update ourselves instead of having to wait.my issue is mine froze while doing this then when i tried to control alt delete my only options were update n restart or update and shut down:/?so i clicked the back button again to shut it down but when iturned it back on it was updating at like 25percent so i clicked that button again to shut it off,idk if it means system update like the windows one i set to off auto update cause that version wont work with the madden mods,im scared to turn it back on tho if its gonna update then i cant play it n id b pointless to have on pc wich im still paying for any advice?
Old 11-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

In the interest of trying to figure out what is happening, can we clarify if you are talking about Madden updates or Windows updates? There is a significant update for Windows that just got released and it could cause some issues in and of itself. It would be good to know if any of you guys having problems with Frosty loading Madden are running it yet. I am using Windows 10 build 1803 which is also know as the the April 2018 update.

The new version is 1809 and it was released for automatic update Nov. 13. While it is called an update, I believe it is more like a full OS upgrade as it backs everything up, installs new windows version, then migrates everything over to the new build.

Hopefully this is not going to be a problem. I am still running 1803 build and latest Maddeb patch and Frosty are working fine so far.

Thanks for any info to help us figure out if there is a pending problem with Windows 10 1809.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
Rookie

Ogimaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
In the interest of trying to figure out what is happening, can we clarify if you are talking about Madden updates or Windows updates? There is a significant update for Windows that just got released and it could cause some issues in and of itself. It would be good to know if any of you guys having problems with Frosty loading Madden are running it yet. I am using Windows 10 build 1803 which is also know as the the April 2018 update.

The new version is 1809 and it was released for automatic update Nov. 13. While it is called an update, I believe it is more like a full OS upgrade as it backs everything up, installs new windows version, then migrates everything over to the new build.

Hopefully this is not going to be a problem. I am still running 1803 build and latest Maddeb patch and Frosty are working fine so far.

Thanks for any info to help us figure out if there is a pending problem with Windows 10 1809.

For clarification: Latest frosty + editor (1.0.4.5), latest madden patch, and ironically got windows update (1809) about 10 mins ago. lmao, while typing this got notice for latest nvidia drivers (from yesterday 11/14)
Old 11-15-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogimaa
For clarification: Latest frosty + editor (1.0.4.5), latest madden patch, and ironically got windows update (1809) about 10 mins ago. lmao, while typing this got notice for latest nvidia drivers (from yesterday 11/14)
Weird thing here is that the latest Frosty build he states that it fixes a bug with 1809 windows version where modded games won't load.

https://frostytoolsuitedev.gitlab.io/news.html
Old 11-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Ogimaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Weird thing here is that the latest Frosty build he states that it fixes a bug with 1809 windows version where modded games won't load.

https://frostytoolsuitedev.gitlab.io/news.html
wtf then. FRUSTRATING.:brickwa ll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »