Home

Uniform Modding Showcase

This is a discussion on Uniform Modding Showcase within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2019, 11:04 PM   #137
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Uniform Modding Showcase

I also notice that in Number Array Helper dds file, you can add extra stroke layers if you want a double-trim number. BUT for some reason the stitching gets added to the INNER border and there's no way to adjust (or is there?)
Old 10-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I went to try to do the 1999 Jags, and the jersey was easy (it's almost the same as the home, just white), but the numbers are all wrong. In fact, I couldn't even find the teal home numbers (which would have allowed for a quick creation of the road ones, because if I recall correctly, they were just teal instead of white, with the same gold trim and drop shadow). That will take a little bit of work because they'll have to be manually created instead of just color exchanging, unfortunately.
You should be able to do a web search for the numbers, and there should be a website that has the correct color palette as well.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...71777376771674
Old 10-22-2019, 11:09 AM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
Okay I did kind of a hybrid between A & B. I took my own numbers from my template, saved them as 512x512 png files, loaded them into Photoshop, saved them as DDS according to the parameters given in Array Helper. Then used the array builder to put them into an array dds. In other words I used option A except I used my own .png instead of the .dds that came with the array helper. But I did NOT put the png files directly into Frosty.

When I loaded it in game, they mostly looked okay, I could not say that they looked thinner from a distance. However when I looked at them up close, some of the numbers looked "chopped off" at the very edge, like maybe the trim was missing. I realize that although the number files are 512x512 you can't actually use all of that space because numbers are taller than wider, but it seems there's some invisible boundary that if you cross it, one digit will bleed into another, like if jersey number 88, the two 8s will be right up against each other. Did I do something wrong with my process? I don't really understand alpha channels, I assume that if I saved them in photoshop as DDS with the alpha channel settings in the Array Helper instructions that they would have alpha but I didn't manually put in any alpha channels.

I'll also add that I do have a really ****ty video card, I'm saving up for a new one, but I'm using only an on-board Intel graphics with shared memory.
If you used .dds in Frosty it’s the Option A I was talking about the highest quality.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #140
Rookie

Forgive me if this has been already asked, but is there a way that these mods work for the relocation teams? Some of those uniforms need some serious help. Some of them just need some small tweaks and they'd look awesome. I'd even try my hand at it myself if I had one clue as to what I need to do.

From reading this thread it looks like what I need is GIMP (a free photoshop program of sorts) and the Frosty Mod Manager file. Then it is simply exporting the right files to GIMP and editing from there? If that is the case then the actual editing is probably where I will fail because I've never done any kind of graphical/editing work before.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #141
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo_Pena
Forgive me if this has been already asked, but is there a way that these mods work for the relocation teams? Some of those uniforms need some serious help. Some of them just need some small tweaks and they'd look awesome. I'd even try my hand at it myself if I had one clue as to what I need to do.

From reading this thread it looks like what I need is GIMP (a free photoshop program of sorts) and the Frosty Mod Manager file. Then it is simply exporting the right files to GIMP and editing from there? If that is the case then the actual editing is probably where I will fail because I've never done any kind of graphical/editing work before.
You can see what can be done with relocation uniforms on the previous page (p. 17) of this thread with my London Monarchs redesign. Can’t edit the field afaik, but you can change colors and make those tiny numbers larger. There are a couple videos on YouTube on the basics of uni modding (by the Bleeding Red) and some more editing gems spread around the Madden modding page on Discord.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #142
Rookie

I haven’t been able to find a tutorial yet. Still trying to find some.

Also, with Frostys Mod, does it work with the latest Madden patch? If not, what patch is it on?

Does Frostys already have a bunch of the uniforms made here in them to download from?
Old 11-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #143
Rookie

If you're looking for M20 mods, you should look on the Madden Modding Discussion discord

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #144
Rookie

Does anyone have the RSM and NORM files for the Oregon Nike Vapor Fusion, adidas Primeknit A1 and the new Under Armour jerseys and pants?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »