Home

Best of the Best Roster for PC

This is a discussion on Best of the Best Roster for PC within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best of the Best Roster for PC

Amazingly this roster is still among the most downloaded on Madden Share for the PC for Madden 20 which I'm very happy about. I got very few downloads for Madden 19 because of how late I uploaded it which was unfortunate, but not unexpected.

Anyway if you haven't tried it out yet give it a shot and if you see any issues like a wrong name being called or no faces in helmets or any other anomaly let me know and I'll fix it right away, if possible. I think I finally got all those fixed but it's very possible I missed some.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #74
Rookie

Madden recently added some new face mask options and neck rolls that allowed me to make some of the older teams(80's and earlier) look a bit more accurate. Csonka now has his proper face mask. Unfortunately one of the face masks I needed for some of the players is only available for the old time helmets and I didn't want to change the helmet type for just those players so used closest match for them. Neck rolls still don't look quite right tho imho. Anyway I finally got around to updating some equipment for those teams and posted to Madden Share.

I'm still hearing the names of the players I edited over being called on occasion, especially on defense, so obviously haven't fixed all those yet. I'll try fixing them as I come across, but they seem to only be called if they make big plays so not hearing them that often. Obviously not an issue for those of you who turn off the announcers.

Edit: I haven't been satisfied with the results in my CFM with this roster so applied a bunch of trait edits suggested by Cycloniac with hopes it'll help.

Last edited by meepichi; 12-01-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:45 AM   #75
Rookie

With Sabo's help I think I've figured out why I've been seeing so many passes to the flat in some games. It appears that the QB's with the conservative Force Pass trait tend to throw it down in the flat a lot, so I'm going to be going through the roster and changing all the QB's with high YPC for their year to Balanced so they'll throw it down the field more. Need to see if Ideal does a better job of throwing downfield than conservative.. may get rid of all the conservative throwers except the ones with low YPC.

I'll do some more experimenting before doing all the trait edits and uploading an update.
Edit: Seems to work better with Force Pass Balance and decided to go ahead and put the low YPC QB's to Ideal, even tho they still throw a lot in the flat, so did the edits and posted update. Also gave K's a min KP of 96 and AWR 75 to hopefully help kick game ai.

Last edited by meepichi; 12-11-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #76
Rookie

I noticed the other day I some how forgot to add Junior Seau to the 2007 Patriots team, so fixed that and posted an update. He was a backup at that stage of his career but still a valuable addition. I did some minor tweaks as well, may do some more in the future.

I recently purchased the Second and Ten football sim and may use it to help me fine tune some ratings once I figure out a decent conversion method(mainly for OL and Defense). That simulator has it's issues, seeing way too many int's on occasion, but it's not bad, however it's a bit pricey($50) for what it is.

My CFM is approaching the playoffs so once I get there I may post the results on here. I started off playing every game but that really takes forever. I ended up just picking a few teams to watch a week and simulating the rest to speed things along. I also ended up using Sabo's mod with some slider tweaks, even tho he doesn't recommend doing that... still tweaking actually, haven't quite gotten the game where I'd like it, but getting close now. I also switched to Arcade from Simulation for better down field passing.

Last edited by meepichi; 12-06-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know this is a bit off topic, but I couldn't let it go

Considering all the nfl and college seasons come for free with SAT, it is a damn good deal. I always felt like the stats were pretty spot on, but never did rigorous testing with it.

Anywho, carry on...
Old 12-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdish
I know this is a bit off topic, but I couldn't let it go

Considering all the nfl and college seasons come for free with SAT, it is a damn good deal. I always felt like the stats were pretty spot on, but never did rigorous testing with it.

Anywho, carry on...
Yeah it's nice having all those seasons but since it's just basically a txt game seems a bit high to me, but it's been ages since I last bought that kind of football simulator so maybe it's appropriately priced. It does seem to be a pretty good program over all.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #79
Rookie

I had planned on doing some editing to this roster based off the PV value the Second and Ten game uses for the players and some other things to make it more accurate but I've really not been feeling up to it. I may just wait until next years version and change some teams as well, that is if they continue allowing rosters to be re-used for the PC version. If they make it not compatible I likely wont be doing it at all as that's a lot of work. If I get in the mood before then I may go ahead and do the changes but making no promises.

If you're interested I ran a 100 game simulation per game of the teams on this roster in a tourney using Second and Ten and the final 4 teams ended up being the 2007 Patriots, 1989 49ers, 1991 Redskins and 1985 Bears. The 49ers beat the Patriots 56-43-1, the Bears beat the Redskins 52-48, and in the championship the Bears edged the 49ers 52-48.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:13 AM   #80
Rookie

This is pretty crazy work man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »