Home

USE FXAA - MSAA is messed up!!!

This is a discussion on USE FXAA - MSAA is messed up!!! within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 03:35 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: USE FXAA - MSAA is messed up!!!

Not seeing that FXAA looks bad for me. Go look at my videos in the Madden 20 Photographic thread, see if those look "bad"? I don't know, not saying you guys are wrong but seems like a ton of variables on the PC for stuff like this (which is one reason I prefer consoles TBH)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2019, 04:25 PM   #10
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not seeing that FXAA looks bad for me. Go look at my videos in the Madden 20 Photographic thread, see if those look "bad"? I don't know, not saying you guys are wrong but seems like a ton of variables on the PC for stuff like this (which is one reason I prefer consoles TBH)
The time I spend tweaking settings to get the best visual/performance is dumb lol. It's just like slideritis. I'm getting better though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-25-2019, 04:47 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
The time I spend tweaking settings to get the best visual/performance is dumb lol. It's just like slideritis. I'm getting better though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

That's actually why I quit PC gaming for about twenty years and just went with consoles lol.

I have a bit of OCD I think about "getting the best" from any electronics I buy so when it comes to computer games I can fall into a deep dark hole of insanity with never ending tweaking, sliders, settings..etc.

PC gaming is a lot better now though in regards to games will typically optimize themselves and run really good without you having to do anything.

At least until I come here and read about stuff like MSAA and FXAA which can be borderline making me go back into that craziness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not seeing that FXAA looks bad for me. Go look at my videos in the Madden 20 Photographic thread, see if those look "bad"? I don't know, not saying you guys are wrong but seem like a ton of variables on the PC for stuff like this (which is one reason I prefer consoles TBH)
Pictures won't tell the story. FXAA is crap and should be fixed so we can use MSAA4x as the option offers.

No console offers that which is why I prefer the PC version. Even with FXAA the PC version is light years ahead of the console and especially ps4 pro
Old 07-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #13
MVP

I played Madden 19 on the X last year and was blown away at how dope it looked and locked 60fps

Played the ps4 pro version and noticed right away that was not native 4k and cutscenes were all 30fps

I went to the high-end pc route and Madden cannot be played on consoles again for me. When you experience Madden at 144hz or a bit below that ultra settings it is Nirvana
Old 07-25-2019, 05:47 PM   #14
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
I played Madden 19 on the X last year and was blown away at how dope it looked and locked 60fps

Played the ps4 pro version and noticed right away that was not native 4k and cutscenes were all 30fps

I went to the high-end pc route and Madden cannot be played on consoles again for me. When you experience Madden at 144hz or a bit below that ultra settings it is Nirvana
this is exactly me. built a pc for madden last year, also had it purchased on my xbox one. wen't to play m19 about a month ago, and just wanted a quick match so i fired up my xbox.

can never go back. the PC version of the game is a different animal entirely.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx

Made this decision for 20. I had 19 on PC but was already fairly invested on Xbox having all my friends on there. But the quality difference is just night and day between the two. Definitely wish I put more time into MUT on PC so I would have my rookie premiers but I can eat that loss given the performance and graphical quality on PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 01:07 AM   #16
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I'm assuming it's kind of related.

So I was playing a great game, and then my stupid auto-screen dimmer turned on. I paused the game and minimized the window to fix it, and when I went back, suddenly every five seconds the game would stutter for a split second.

Any one else have this bug? What could be the cause? (besides the obvious that I minimized the window)
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »