Home

New to Madden on PC

This is a discussion on New to Madden on PC within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2020, 07:49 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: New to Madden on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Does that gameplay mod do anything to create a flow or pace to the physics that is more realistic? I'm not having luck finding sliders that can do that.
Its a gamechanger. I wont play a Madden if Sabo isnt doing the gameplay. So unless they find a way to mod Madden 21...I'm sticking with 20 solely because of that mod.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:47 PM   #10
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its a gamechanger. I wont play a Madden if Sabo isnt doing the gameplay. So unless they find a way to mod Madden 21...I'm sticking with 20 solely because of that mod.
I second that. I bought Madden 21 the same day I learned to mod Madden 20 and still haven't fired the new game up a single time due to how improved the entire experience on 20 with mods has been.

As a person just transitioning from console to PC.. I highly recommend giving 20 on PC a try WITH all of the mods. I got an EA Play membership for $5/mo instead of dishing out another $60 for the game.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but there's also a progression overhaul thats been done by Tdawg that completely revamps the progression and regression system... this eliminates the built in XP system. You know that 5th round 67 overall player you drafted? Now he actually has the possibility to progress and possibly be a role player or even breakout into a star player. This also helps with keeping older players around a lot longer. Just another added bonus in the immersion department.

With Frosty there's so much you can do.. last night I figured out how to push all contract negotiations to the off-season resign stage so that players will resign based on morale and team success rather than a star player signing a 5 year deal in week 2 only for the team to go 4-12. Again.. just another example of how amazing the PC experience truly is.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:21 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
With Frosty there's so much you can do.. last night I figured out how to push all contract negotiations to the off-season resign stage so that players will resign based on morale and team success rather than a star player signing a 5 year deal in week 2 only for the team to go 4-12. Again.. just another example of how amazing the PC experience truly is.
I'm a much more traditional season mode player. One of the things that keeps me away from Madden is all the managerial, drafting, and progression things that I just can't stand. Is there any way to do something to turn all that off? I play one season, one team, every game, controlling all transactions. Is there something Frosty can let me control in that respect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 10:52 PM   #12
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
I'm a much more traditional season mode player. One of the things that keeps me away from Madden is all the managerial, drafting, and progression things that I just can't stand. Is there any way to do something to turn all that off? I play one season, one team, every game, controlling all transactions. Is there something Frosty can let me control in that respect?
For drafting you can simply just not interact with the scouting process. If progression isn't a factor for you.. you can leave it as default or zero all of the XP sliders out.

I'm not sure what you're asking in your last question. Is there something you can control in Frosty in regards to transactions? All of that can be done in Madden already if so. Sounds like you may just want to use the game play mods and a franchise file or roster and you'd be good to go.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #13
Rookie

jay87's Arena

Quote:
Found the link. Ok, so can those sliders be taken on their own or do they require the mod to work as well?
The sliders are designed for the roster and for Sabos mod.
As I said, you have a small collection in the thread of the mob bundle, that was just the reason to suggest it to you - if you are interested in the rest of it, you can of course have a look at it.
In short we bring Sabos mob with a new roster (EA ratings are crap^^) and Itbeme's sliders & rework playbooks to the next level

Project: 100% NFL Simulation Football

TFG Roster, 2020 Franchise File, XP-Sliders, Itbeme's Revival Playbook Mod Extension & Simulation Gameplay Sliders

The 100% NFL Roster and Itbeme23's Simulation Sliders for Madden20 *BETA*

R.I.P Arthur Morgan
Old 09-04-2020, 11:15 PM   #14
Rookie

RufusInPhilly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
- There are no mods for Madden 21. There are plenty of mods for Madden 20 and for 20 you need Frosty but we have no way of making Madden 21 work with Frosty. We are hopeful that someone will be able to create a app that allows us to mod Madden 21.
Holy sh*t. I just saw this. So is the problem that EA has changed the software so much that it's literally un-modable now, or it it just that we're waiting for the already-existing community software to get updated to accommodate M21's new changes. Also, is this just for Frosty? Will Madden Franchise Editor and AMP be able to work again someday?

Guess I'm just wondering if EA figured out how to shut out the mod community completely ... and would actually do that. :/

Last edited by RufusInPhilly; 09-04-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:08 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
I'm not sure what you're asking in your last question. Is there something you can control in Frosty in regards to transactions? All of that can be done in Madden already if so. Sounds like you may just want to use the game play mods and a franchise file or roster and you'd be good to go.
Well, for example I use Frosty Editor to go into different ini files in FIFA to actually turn OFF progression, transactions, and injuries because it's just how I like to play sports games. So, I meant, can anything like that be done, but if you're saying progression can just be ignored, then fine.
Yeah, the gameplay mod and an up to date roster would do fine for me. I just also hate that when you start a season, it automatically cuts and signs players like crazy even when you control all teams. It's like The Show, it does it because it sees more than 53 men on the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2020, 01:07 AM   #16
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusInPhilly
So is the problem that EA has changed the software so much that it's literally un-modable now, or it it just that we're waiting for the already-existing community software to get updated to accommodate M21's new changes. Also, is this just for Frosty? Will Madden Franchise Editor and AMP be able to work again someday?
/
Both?

I believe people are already working with roster files and draft classes.

Here's the Discord https://discord.gg/ucbaSJ

Quote:
Well, for example I use Frosty Editor to go into different ini files in FIFA to actually turn OFF progression, transactions, and injuries because it's just how I like to play sports games. So, I meant, can anything like that be done, but if you're saying progression can just be ignored, then fine.
Yeah, the gameplay mod and an up to date roster would do fine for me. I just also hate that when you start a season, it automatically cuts and signs players like crazy even when you control all teams. It's like The Show, it does it because it sees more than 53 men on the team.
I'm sure you can turn off progression in the franchise editor, but zeroing them out in game would serve the same purpose. For transactions I'm not so certain, but the franchise editor has so much in it I wouldn't be surprised if you could... its just a matter of finding it in the tabs and knowing what to change. Check the discord link above as well. there's so much information on all of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »