Home

Madden 23 1987 Season Roster PS5

This is a discussion on Madden 23 1987 Season Roster PS5 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Madden 23 1987 Season Roster PS5

All right, so I am going to roll with Madden 23 right now. I was on the fence about the game for several reasons but decided to give it a go.

I decided to do 1987 for a few different reasons. I enjoy the mid-late 80s football. 1987 was a strike year and had 4 games where replacement players were playing. The replacement players will allow me to easily make the teams that did not exist in 87 as well as some free agents. Also, as a Browns fan, 1987 was a really good team that should have beaten the Broncos. So many greats in this era of football.

Before I decided on this roster I did some testing to see if I can replicate the era on the field with CPU play calling. So far I have been VERY happy with the results using the Run Heavy playbook. Teams are running the ball and trying to stick to it. I of course we continue to test while working on the roster.

I have already finished the Browns and Broncos. I wanted to get a couple of teams done quickly so I can do some on the field testing. I have noticed a couple of changes I will make to some ratings, nothing crazy from my normal. But for instance Kick Power rating for Punters needs increased from my normal. Not a big change and one most people will not notice. For those interested I can provide more details later.

I have also been working on sliders for the roster and I am overall in a good place. I need to get a little more out of the CPU running game, but so far I have a small sample size and the CPU has been against the Browns who had a really good defense and was really good against the run. So that might be part of the problem. I will keep testing.
However, so far I am not seeing crazy interceptions like I was with the default rosters and default sliders. Pass rush is strong, solid completion percentages, good QB play (scrambling, decisions, and shot downfield).

So, 1987 is on the way! I do not have a timeline. I am coaching football again this year and on a much larger team (we have 102 players 9-12; 65 of those are 10-12) so my time is limited. I am hoping for Halloween time, but please be patient. As long as Madden Share is working half way decently, I will upload the roster as I go so you guys can play some games and get a feel for the roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2022, 11:24 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Madden 23 1987 Season Roster PS5

File Name: 1987
PSN: Iteachhistory78

I have uploaded the file and will update periodically, generally when I finish a division.

Current files includes the following teams:
AFC East: Indianapolis, New England, Miami, Buffalo, New York Jets
AFC North: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Houston
AFC West: Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles Raiders, San Diego, Seattle
NFC East: Washington, Dallas, Philadelphia, St. Louis Cardinals, and New York Giants
NFC Central: Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, TB Buccaneers, Detroit Lions
NFC West: San Francisco, New Orleans, LA Rams, Atlanta

Expansion teams are filled with replacement players from the 87 strike.

Last edited by Iteachpercussion; 12-09-2022 at 04:13 PM. Reason: roster update
Old 08-18-2022, 11:37 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Fantastic news. I only have one question. Does the two controller trick work to assign custom or generic playbooks to the CPU team? I would rather use your 1980’s playbooks in Franchise mode when I do a 32 team control season replay.

Looking forward to Marino and my Dolphins who were quite subpar that season….their first in Joe Robbie Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-18-2022, 01:20 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Fantastic news. I only have one question. Does the two controller trick work to assign custom or generic playbooks to the CPU team? I would rather use your 1980’s playbooks in Franchise mode when I do a 32 team control season replay.

Looking forward to Marino and my Dolphins who were quite subpar that season….their first in Joe Robbie Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I know you can use two controllers and put the generic playbooks in for the CPU team. However, I am not sure about a custom playbook. I will do some testing on that as well. I have never been able to get it to work in the past, but who knows. I would love to be able to do that. Like you, I always do a 32 team control.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:24 PM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

As a die hard Browns fan myself I'd love to test out what you have even if it's just the Browns and Broncos. I used to use your rosters and replay "the drive" and get my revenge on Elway. Let me know. I'd also be willing to help out with the rosters if you need some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2022, 07:08 PM   #6
MVP

Random side note on the roster: I will be editing state and hometown for this roster since it could impact free agency in Franchise mode. That is something I have not worried about for past rosters because it is time consuming and had no impact within the game and was information that was rarely seen. But, again, it will be correct for this roster.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:29 PM   #7
MVP

This will be what makes me purchase Madden 23 .......... !

Thanks,
Don
Old 08-18-2022, 08:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
All right, so I am going to roll with Madden 23 right now. I was on the fence about the game for several reasons but decided to give it a go.

I decided to do 1987 for a few different reasons. I enjoy the mid-late 80s football. 1987 was a strike year and had 4 games where replacement players were playing. The replacement players will allow me to easily make the teams that did not exist in 87 as well as some free agents. Also, as a Browns fan, 1987 was a really good team that should have beaten the Broncos. So many greats in this era of football.

Before I decided on this roster I did some testing to see if I can replicate the era on the field with CPU play calling. So far I have been VERY happy with the results using the Run Heavy playbook. Teams are running the ball and trying to stick to it. I of course we continue to test while working on the roster.

I have already finished the Browns and Broncos. I wanted to get a couple of teams done quickly so I can do some on the field testing. I have noticed a couple of changes I will make to some ratings, nothing crazy from my normal. But for instance Kick Power rating for Punters needs increased from my normal. Not a big change and one most people will not notice. For those interested I can provide more details later.

I have also been working on sliders for the roster and I am overall in a good place. I need to get a little more out of the CPU running game, but so far I have a small sample size and the CPU has been against the Browns who had a really good defense and was really good against the run. So that might be part of the problem. I will keep testing.
However, so far I am not seeing crazy interceptions like I was with the default rosters and default sliders. Pass rush is strong, solid completion percentages, good QB play (scrambling, decisions, and shot downfield).

So, 1987 is on the way! I do not have a timeline. I am coaching football again this year and on a much larger team (we have 102 players 9-12; 65 of those are 10-12) so my time is limited. I am hoping for Halloween time, but please be patient. As long as Madden Share is working half way decently, I will upload the roster as I go so you guys can play some games and get a feel for the roster.
Can’t wait to get my copy tomorrow! 1987 is music to my ears! Thank You & Good Luck w/your Football team!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »