Home

CAPACLASSICS for 16

This is a discussion on CAPACLASSICS for 16 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: CAPACLASSICS for 16

Capa, have you ever given thought to doing a specific 70's season roster?
Your rosters are great but unfortunately for me I just can't get into a CFM with teams from different years.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:09 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21

I have toyed with that idea but decided to stop doing rosters after last year due to the restrictions in the editor. You just can't really create oldtime teams correctly since you can't edit current players for hair, skin color, height and weight.

If Madden ever opens up the editor and makes it easier to create and edit players I am sure I would jump back in.

L8knight here on the boards does fantastic work and I know he is working on a roster set now...it will be "great" teams similar to the set he and I did last year. The work is overwhelming and anyone whocranks out any type of classic roster set should be commended for sure!

C
Old 10-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #19
Rookie

Amen!! I have been working on the 1990 season roster since the day Madden came out and I STILL have 2 teams to go!!! Insanely time consuming and not idea for those who are short on patience. I agree that they should do SOMETHING to make this a more desirable project to undertake. If the 1986 roster would have been completed before I got so involved, I wouldn't have even started this but....too late to stop now. Hope to be done by this weekend.

P.S. It is NOT going to be perfect but as close as I can get with the limited editing ability that EA seems hell bent on NEVER changing!!
Old 10-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

Agreed.

Part of playing with the classic teams and seasons is seeing the players on the field as close to their real life counterparts as possible. I hate playing classic rosters with guys having long hair and dreads...just kills the immersion factor for me. But there is nothing that can be done about that since more and more players these days have long hair poking out under their helmet.

Height and weight is also an issue but all you can do is try to match them up the best you can. Except when you do the 60's and 70's teams you have linemen who topped out at about 250 or 260 so hard to find suitable matches for those guys on modern day rosters. You wind up making LBs linemen, punters QBs, etc. It's a hot mess.

Creating players is an option but there is a limit on those too

Keep up the work John! I am enjoy 86 so far.

C

Last edited by capa; 10-23-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:20 AM   #21
MVP

I hope my post was not taken the wrong way? I am truly appreciative of all the roster makers not only in Madden but also NBA and MLB. In fact it is because of all your dedication to the pain staking process of creating classic rosters that I even play these games. Do you have any thoughts on as to why EA is so hesitant to let us completely edit rosters? While NBA and MLB are not perfect, they are light years ahead of madden in this regard. EA had team builder for NCAA. A similar application for Madden would be ideal. Not only edit players completely, but also uniforms and stadiums. I keep holding out hope... one day?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
The 1976 Vikings and 1978 Cowboys are up. My PSN handle is 'L8knight' and the current file is 'testclassics'. The next team up is the 76 Raiders and the file name will be 'CapaL8knightclassics' going forward after that. The roster does not allow you to create enough players to replace ALL current players to ensure accuracy with height and weight, but I'm very close. The roster file simply is not big enough to do that. They are off on the line of scrimmage in that in today's NFL LOS players are 300lbs and up, whereas classic players weighed much less. Therefore, LOS players are overweight overall for this set, but it does ensure more balanced gameplay. Otherwise, teams are as accurate with appearance and equipment as I could get, including depth charts. All feedback (good and bad) is welcomed and encouraged so I know where I stand and whether or not I will pursue the editing of 27 more teams. Hopefully there is enough interest out there for me to continue. Enjoy!
I was a HUGE fan of your set last year and thought you did an amazing job with them considering the limitations. Put me down as someone who would like to see them again this year or at least the 70s and 80s teams since those are the ones I grew up with. Maybe a request for the '79 Rams since you have a question mark next to them. Big thanks for all of your hard work and dedication!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #23
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and Capa had very much to do with last year's too. 80 percent done with 76 Raiders. Curious about your choice for the 79 Rams. They had better years just before and after '79, and I was thinking a team with McCutcheon, but I'm open-minded on this. To those who don't like the mix of eras, trying to do teams that are famous for certain years while ensuring that they have groups of competitors for the roster set, IE, 76 Raiders/Vikings 78 Cowboys/Steelers, 85 Bears/86 Giants/83 Redskins. Also, Capa and I have spent a lot of time in M15 on these, so we have become more familiar with the teams I mentioned previously, so it makes it easier when re-creating in 16 in terms of cranking these out properly with correct depth charts. Also, the beauty of doing rosters is you can do what you want. Case in point, the guy doing 1986 teams...fantastic. Blasted EA took away classic coaches/playbooks though. What the heck is wrong with EA in this regard?

P.S. It will be quite a contradiction having Vince Ferragamo in this set, considering he's one of the players that is part of ruining this process. We will make him accurate, and hope that Carl Eller rips his head off.

Last edited by l8knight1; 10-27-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #24
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm content with Cappa Classics on M15 on PS4. I'm not bowled over by M16 and my sons has it for X-Box-1. Maybe I'm missing something. When the price drops I'll pick up '16. I enjoy playing and sticking with a historical roster set. To me Madden is like dating a new girl and then realizing after awhile she is the same as the old gal you dumped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »