Home

Gameplay discovery for roster makers

This is a discussion on Gameplay discovery for roster makers within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #17
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Gameplay discovery for roster makers

FYI. Tried these roster as the Browns in a CFM and default all-pro settings and I was getting killed! I saw more hard hits and better defensive play for sure and the offense was on for the CPU. I did however feel that there might be far too many bone-crushing tackles for my taste. Yes....it is nice to see them as when using the original rosters they are few and far between. Too many balls jarred loose when receivers are hit is my general feel.

Also.....LBs and Defensive backs are literally ball hawks in a new way. It seemed as though they were always in just the right spot to pick off my passes. Some....were my fault....but other times it felt like they were telepathic and could just un-naturally find a way to morph to the ball and pick it off. I liked it but at the same time it almost seemed too hard. At least with the McCown at QB. The bottom line is if the CPU defender could possibly intercept it....he did.

I went back and played a game in my previous CFM with the same settings but default rosters and it just felt more organic. Run plays opened up and I felt that I could be successful running my offense. Heck...I could drop passes in over LBs and in front of the secondary with just the right touch again. I had no interceptions but I will report that 2 passes were essentially dropped that I accidentally threw right into coverage...which sucked because when I make a mistake I don't mind being punished. However my previous game with these rosters I got picked 5 times so it was extreme in the other direction.

I am holding off before making a decision to stick with these or not. I do think it makes certain aspects much better but I don't know if that throws off the balance in other areas yet.

In my default Browns CFM on All-Star with default sliders I am 4-0....which is unrealistic but each game has been a battle that I won in the final minutes of the game...by coming back or barely holding on. So the gameplay feels right....even though my record seems off. I've won close ones. I am not blowing them out.

The same games with these rosters had the CPU kicking the crap out of me with scores of 52-28 and 31-14 being the norm. Most of this is because of interceptions killing me.

Anyway....sorry for the long post. I appreciate the hard work but I am just not sure if these are going to fix things for everyone.

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
good points.
maybe lower interception and tackling slider to compensate ?
what skill level do you play on ?
and maybe these edits should just be applied to upper-escehlon players, like the top ten at each position.

what traits edits help safetys to play the WR better ?

thx
Old 10-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #19
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019
good points.
maybe lower interception and tackling slider to compensate ?
what skill level do you play on ?
and maybe these edits should just be applied to upper-escehlon players, like the top ten at each position.

what traits edits help safetys to play the WR better ?

thx
The only thing I can think of is that I put "Play ball trait" to aggressive for DB's and 4-3 LB's. I am pretty sure thats the only thing wrong. Be careful though because the intent should be for CB's to eat you up for mistakes but S can have it set to conservative as well as LB's. As for the hits. play sliders at Default and there you go.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #20
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
The only thing I can think of is that I put "Play ball trait" to aggressive for DB's and 4-3 LB's. I am pretty sure thats the only thing wrong. Be careful though because the intent should be for CB's to eat you up for mistakes but S can have it set to conservative as well as LB's. As for the hits. play sliders at Default and there you go.
Hey BB, how important do you feel the High Motor trait is in these edits? Thanks!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #21
Banned

help us out, BB.

: )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 12:19 AM   #22
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Hey BB, how important do you feel the High Motor trait is in these edits? Thanks!
High motor trait is HUGE i feel. It keeps players relentless and post play cut scenes are fun to watch. Think of Jared allan...isn't the most talent but his high motor gets after players. I feel that when I turn it on for players.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:21 AM   #23
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019
help us out, BB.

: )
Sorry, was watching the Falcons D suck out loud tonight. FML...Saints suck so bad and the Falcons let them run it
Old 10-16-2015, 12:44 AM   #24
Banned

please check PS-4 thread for question I asked a bit ago.
glad u watched game and pray all is well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »