Home

Gameplay discovery for roster makers

This is a discussion on Gameplay discovery for roster makers within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #25
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Gameplay discovery for roster makers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
High motor trait is HUGE i feel. It keeps players relentless and post play cut scenes are fun to watch. Think of Jared allan...isn't the most talent but his high motor gets after players. I feel that when I turn it on for players.
Hey my man, how vital is it to edit the style of the LBs, Balanced, Pass Rush, etc? I'm not sure this has any effect on how they play, I think the traits and rates dictate that. I think style is more for the scheme they play in.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #26
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Hey my man, how vital is it to edit the style of the LBs, Balanced, Pass Rush, etc? I'm not sure this has any effect on how they play, I think the traits and rates dictate that. I think style is more for the scheme they play in.
Yea I agree. I went ahead and put the style anyways...especially for 4-3 DE so that if I decided to switch my D to a 3-4 or hybrid...the position would be changed with out a problem. I do believe that the style has a part in portraying the WAY LB play though. Hard to explain but it almost gives them a frame to operate when you accurately portray their style trait...much like QB
Old 10-17-2015, 04:17 PM   #27
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Yea I agree. I went ahead and put the style anyways...especially for 4-3 DE so that if I decided to switch my D to a 3-4 or hybrid...the position would be changed with out a problem. I do believe that the style has a part in portraying the WAY LB play though. Hard to explain but it almost gives them a frame to operate when you accurately portray their style trait...much like QB
I don't know man, if that's true then we should be setting the style to match their traits/rating, not setting all MLBs to Balanced and all 3-4 OLBs to Pass Rush. Even though that may be the right style for that particular scheme not all players fit the scheme. Like with QBs, just because the Eagles scheme for the QB is Mobile I wouldn't change Bradford to Mobile from Pocket Passer. I think I might leave Styles alone.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #28
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I don't know man, if that's true then we should be setting the style to match their traits/rating, not setting all MLBs to Balanced and all 3-4 OLBs to Pass Rush. Even though that may be the right style for that particular scheme not all players fit the scheme. Like with QBs, just because the Eagles scheme for the QB is Mobile I wouldn't change Bradford to Mobile from Pocket Passer. I think I might leave Styles alone.
Thats the thing...in the eagles scheme...if thats what your after...they prefer their QB to be more balanced than mobile. It just so happens they have some dang good mobile QB's. I will say this...This is still a VERY fluid situation that even I am still figuring out. This whole experiment started because I swalloed the blue pill and wondered why the heck is EA devs never seeing what we see? Thats when i figured out default is the way to go...then I asked how can I replicate the game I WANT...without changing sliders....that when I figured out that ratings where the SKILLS, and the traits were the probability of performing those skills as a core tool in the players toolkit. How to replicate sundays without blowing out ratings. EA has really done a number with madden with all these traits. I for one would LOVE to be at the round table to understand the logic and hear what they think is important. But for now I am translating what these traits mean and how they affect the game so she I edit I post my findings. So all I can tell you is "I EDIT ALL THE TRAITS, AND STYLES" thats that...I get the game I want. period. Its all personal preference...so what I like sing what you probably like but I wills ay that of the 3 game in CFM with my edits to traits and depth chart...I have beeb hammered...I read about some dude that got straight dealt with INT after INT...Yea...when you challenge an NFL secondary with weak decisions, they don't waiver. I see breakdowns in coverage...all the time. I think I had Calvin Johnson break a single game record ONLY because I moved him around and game planned specifically for him since tate was pooping the bed. So those dudes who claim to be Strategy over Skills...try these out and let me know...sliders and the adjustments break the game...I don't know exactly how but it does. When one thing is fixed another is broke and get tired searching what is and what isn't. The roster edits is the ONLY way I have found to make the gameplay where it was and that has been that way since Kolbe wanted my rosters back in MADDEN25 when I figured out how to get animations to trigger through roster edits.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #29
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

I prefer to play games with edited sliders... I use Armor's sliders... So sliders like his don't work with these edits?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #30
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I prefer to play games with edited sliders... I use Armor's sliders... So sliders like his don't work with these edits?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
They will work my man. They are sliders after all. But I will challenge your thinking. Why do you feel the need to change it? Habit? The game was not developed to edited sliders so when one slider is changed another is broken. That's why you are here...to HOPEFULLY support your slider tinker. Just leave it base and change the roster. I guarantee you get a better r3sult. If not...slider work...but in the end you will get what you alway will...two games of acceptable results before the broken game play arrives and you wondering what to adjust next
Old 10-21-2015, 12:33 AM   #31
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

OVR: 0

So Blackbetty??? Have you seen less of the dumb plays and real dumb player behavior as in players jogging in place OL just standing in place not blocking anybody and things like that. I found that playing with sliders gets old so using default settings and better rosters will help??? What have noticed so far???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 11:33 PM   #32
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad211
So Blackbetty??? Have you seen less of the dumb plays and real dumb player behavior as in players jogging in place OL just standing in place not blocking anybody and things like that. I found that playing with sliders gets old so using default settings and better rosters will help??? What have noticed so far???
The only thing I have seen is...INT for LB were a bit nuts since I gave the olb AGRESSIVE ball play. I am toning it to conservative. I belive ALL LB should get this as well as below ball hawk Safties

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »