Home

Madden 17 Classic Rosters

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Classic Rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 Classic Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
You can play with the 78 COwboys and 77 Orange crush with CapaL8knight classics for 16 now, if you don't wan't to wait.

Also, it's confirmed that EA has removed some of the retro equipment from the game, including especially the Wilson TK helmet. I'm extremely disappointed about this. Kane said it was similar to the Riddell helmet of the same era...not happy, and I won't know my feelings on working on 17 rosters until I see the game in its entirety.
This news does not make me happy! Why remove equipment that is already there? That makes no sense. I wonder what all has been removed? I will have to go through once the game comes out to determine what can be done. If I cannot make the players equipment at least close to correct I will not make a 70s roster. It just looks wrong to have 70s players in modern equipment. If you hear anything more, please let us all know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #26
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Only gloves and shoes were removed along with a handful of helmets.
Look on page 7/8 of the equipment blog that came out in main forum area, and PLEASE express your distaste, as I have, in the removal. They confirmed removal of Wilson TK and a few other non-retro helmet, and some retro shoes (not clear which ones). I'm not all that broken up about the shoes, but removing the helmet is inexcusable, and I was given a lame reason for doing so. I was also livid last year when they removed the classic coaches.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-more-8.html

Last edited by l8knight1; 07-11-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:17 AM   #27

l8knight1's Arena

Also see this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...amesradar.html
Old 07-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #28
MVP

Damn!!! Removing classic helmets ruins classic rosters for me. just can't play with Staubach wearing today's two bar face mask. Looks like I'm sticking to 16. Luckily there are several excellent classic rosters to occupy my Madden fix for this year. Hopefully the classic helmets/face masks will be added back??? This news sucks as I was looking forward to the '75 roster iteachpercussion was going to make. Especially having the Rams back in LA.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #29

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Damn!!! Removing classic helmets ruins classic rosters for me. just can't play with Staubach wearing today's two bar face mask. Looks like I'm sticking to 16. Luckily there are several excellent classic rosters to occupy my Madden fix for this year. Hopefully the classic helmets/face masks will be added back??? This news sucks as I was looking forward to the '75 roster iteachpercussion was going to make. Especially having the Rams back in LA.
They kept the Riddell TK, so all is not lost...yet. We'll have to wait and see. In Staubach's case, he wore the Riddell at first then pretty much went to the Maxpro (never in Madden) for the rest of his career like Cliff Harris. In my rosters, I put Staubach in the Wilson as I personally think it looks more like the Maxpro, where I have Charlie Waters, for example wearing a Riddell. Removing options is always bad, in my opinion. In the example I just cited, options provide diversity and more authenticity, even if the authenticity is only a perception.

P.S. It was not my intention to bash about old equipment, in the thread that talks about all the new equipment in the game, as they are clearly making good improvements. I inboxed Kane to more clearly express my disappointment. He said he has big plans for throwbacks and retro equipment, but they are clearly on back burner until they feel confident with all the current stuff. Voice your opinion constructively, when/where appropriate, so that the developers know we're out here, and that we want these things. I will stay confident that we will be heard.

Last edited by l8knight1; 07-11-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #30
MVP

I thought all classic equip was removed. So like you said all is not lost. I guess I should have read post you referred to.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #31

l8knight1's Arena

Might I add, since this is Percussion's thread, I love his rosters!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #32
MVP

I second that. Nice to know there is some on the horizon regarding throw back unis and equip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »