Home

1970 roster - first year of merger

This is a discussion on 1970 roster - first year of merger within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
1970 roster - first year of merger

Back at it...changed my mind...

Last edited by capa; 09-25-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1970 roster - first year of merger

GREAT to hear about 1970 Roster as it is one I will certainly enjoy.

SORRY to hear about that same 3 Letter Major Company letting you go after so many years of dedicated service to them ....... certainly your age was a factor mainly due to the salary level you likely had attained after all those years ....... in my case it was at 59 1/2 years of age having spent 25 years with them so I just basically transitioned to retirement which I honestly was more than ready to do anyway !!! It's been a GREAT 10 Years since then and truly happy it happened from day one of it !!!

I basically just started messing with creating what I like to call the "Alumni Regional Football League" ---- where I will just move players around based on their college into 32 various geographical teams. iTz_AsTrO_xz created the initial 12 teams (it's in the vault and can be found searching the keyword string of Astro) and I just uploaded my first additional 4 teams to it under the PSN stecropper.

Only wish I knew how to eliminate the salary Cap issue when moving players around from team to team as well as taking off the "Injured Reserve" tag on players ....... that would make this exercise go much quicker.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:11 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper

Only wish I knew how to eliminate the salary Cap issue when moving players around from team to team as well as taking off the "Injured Reserve" tag on players ....... that would make this exercise go much quicker.
The salary cap issue is not too tough. Take a player, lower the ratings, cut him. Then resign him where you want him. Or change his position to kicker or punter, cut him, resign him, and then move him back to the correct position.

There is no way around the IR guys. I move them to punter or kicker and lower ratings and just let them be.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
The salary cap issue is not too tough. Take a player, lower the ratings, cut him. Then resign him where you want him. Or change his position to kicker or punter, cut him, resign him, and then move him back to the correct position.

There is no way around the IR guys. I move them to punter or kicker and lower ratings and just let them be.
THANKs Much Iteachpercussion ---- Really enjoying your 1985 Roster !

Still messing with Sliders/Options etc before reporting back to you .... although I only watch CPUvs CPU games in Exhibition Mode since that is the only way you can watch all teams from what I know !

Here's my setup for The Alumni Regional Football League:

*CHI Auburn
*CIN Clemson
*BUF Georgia/Georgia Tech
*DEN Tennessee/Memphis/Md Tn St
*CLV Illinois/Wisconsin
*TAM Ohio State
ARZ Arizona/Az St/Nev/NewMexs
*LAC UCLA
*KCC Oklahoma/Okla St
IND Penn State/Pittsburgh
*DAL Texas/Texas A&M
*MIA Miami
*ATL Alabama
*SF4 USC
*NYG Ole Miss/Miss St/So Miss
*JAC Florida
NYJ Other Florida Univ
DET Nebraska/Kansas/Kansas St
GBP Wyoming/Idaho/Montana/Dakotas
CAR Carolinas
*NEP Notre Dame/Purdue/Indiana
OAK Colorada/Utahs
*LAR Michigan/Mich St
BAL Arkansas/Missouri/Kentucky
*WAS Florida State
NOS Tulane/Other Louisiana
SEA Oregons/Washingtons
PIT Iowa/Iowa St/Minnesota
HOU Baylor/TCU/TX Tech/Houston/SMU
*TEN Virginias
*MIN LSU

* = Done

Don

Last edited by doncropper; 08-23-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #5
MVP

You can watch all of the games in Franchise is you set it up as a 32-team control.

I always set up all of the teams which allows you to make the coaches and set playbooks. Then I play games I want each week, watch some, and sim some.

I used to do everything in Play Now also because I made a lot of custom playbooks and that is the only way to get the CPU to use them without crazy workarounds. But in last year's Madden I started using the franchise mode more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 04:43 AM   #6
MVP

1970 would be fun. You might want to consider 1976? Then there would be 2 less non existent teams. Even though the 76 Seahawks and Bucs were pretty "non existent "!!! I'm sure whatever you choose will be great. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
If I don't wind up helping Apollo80 on his possible roster set, I am toying with the idea of doing a 1970 roster set - first year of merger.

One issue is that 6 teams did not exist at that point, so running it in CFM would be tough unless all those teams had fictional players and very low ratings so they don't show up on league leader lists or get to the playoffs.

Not 100% sure yet on taking this one. I have more time now as I was laid off at end of June after 22 years from a 3 letter major corporation who decided that employees over 55 or 60 are dispensable.

C
1970 sounds like it would be fun.

As a note, I'm not going to do the franchise best for PS4. You're more than welcome to run with the idea, if you want.

I've downloaded and played your rosters before. You may be the most accurate when it comes to helmets and equipment I've seen.

I will say, though, when a roster editor comes out for the PC version of the game, I may do a franchise best for the PC instead. It would be quicker, easier, and there tends to be more of a fanfare for those teams on the PC.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Finished the 70 Giants...working on 70 Cowboys..this is gonna take some time!

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »